Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Endurance gives Lightning Resist in this game, so basically every player has pretty high Lightning Resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Oh fuck my life, I wish I knew that.

Everyone runs with high END.
    No one has more than 40, that's 40 extra lightning resistance, lol. http://unkindler.github.io/caps/ check "Endurance Lightning Defense" with "Total" option. I have 39 endurance and lightning is my biggest weakness by far.

I went with a lightning lothric sword, levelled it to around +7, stacked FAITH ( A/S scaling ), has a lot of damage in theory, then I ended up doing 100-150 in PvP, while by Lothric Knight Greatsword hits for the 400s.

What gives?

Lightning Spear also hit for around 100-150 what's up with that?

Even a refined Washing Pole hits harder despite poorer scalings and literally lower damage in the status bar. Don't tell me people run around with Lightning resist gear on 24/7 ?
    You do little damage because your weapon does two types of damage and thus has to go through two types of resistances.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2016-05-06 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I killed Yhorm not too long ago, I got teleported to the Dancer's bonfire after a cutscene, I have no clue what exactly to do now. I've not put the Abyss Watcher's, Aldrich's nor Yhorm's cinder on their thrones yet if that changes anything
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    So, I killed Yhorm not too long ago, I got teleported to the Dancer's bonfire after a cutscene, I have no clue what exactly to do now. I've not put the Abyss Watcher's, Aldrich's nor Yhorm's cinder on their thrones yet if that changes anything
    Statue behind Emma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Statue behind Emma.
    To the Grand Archives then? I killed the Dragonslayer Armour afew days ago.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    To the Grand Archives then? I killed the Dragonslayer Armour afew days ago.
    Yes, after the Archives.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

You can also go to the Consumed King's garden, then Dark Firelink, which as some cool loot.

After CKg, you can go to Archdragon Peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also go to the Consumed King's garden, then Dark Firelink, which as some cool loot.

After CKg, you can go to Archdragon Peak.
    Done all that, minus the Archdragon Peak, or beyond the first boss there anyway. Thanks to everyone for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    No one has more than 40, that's 40 extra lightning resistance, lol. http://unkindler.github.io/caps/ check "Endurance Lightning Defense" with "Total" option. I have 39 endurance and lightning is my biggest weakness by far.

You do little damage because your weapon does two types of damage and thus has to go through two types of resistances.
    But pretty much everyone invests at least a little into endurance. Armor is always going to be the most important thing in terms of defenses, but on average every build is going to have the most or equal amounts of lightning resist except magic builds before armor is factored in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am playing with my favorite build the faith/strength with lightning infused long sword.

Guys I have an important question because I think I am at the end of my first walkthrough now. When I kill the last boss of the game does the game automatically take me to NG+ like the first Dark Souls and Bloodborne ? or I can explore and move around freely until I choose the option for NG+ like in Dark Souls 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I am playing with my favorite build the faith/strength with lightning infused long sword.

Guys I have an important question because I think I am at the end of my first walkthrough now. When I kill the last boss of the game does the game automatically take me to NG+ like the first Dark Souls and Bloodborne ? or I can explore and move around freely until I choose the option for NG+ like in Dark Souls 2?
    You will be asked if you want to begin Journey 2. You can say no and continue to play and pick up anything you may have missed. You can begin NG+ any time by selecting the option at the Firelink Bonfire.

So you're good to go! =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

But pretty much everyone invests at least a little into endurance. Armor is always going to be the most important thing in terms of defenses, but on average every build is going to have the most or equal amounts of lightning resist except magic builds before armor is factored in.
    Like I said on the other page, I've heard it has more to do with the way damage is calculated for multiple damage types over an individual damage reduction itself.

Every damage type goes through a flat and then percent damage reduction, so if you have 2 different damage types it double dips the flat reduction and does baby damage which ends up being far more significant than how much of an individual reduction you have.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    You will be asked if you want to begin Journey 2. You can say no and continue to play and pick up anything you may have missed. You can begin NG+ any time by selecting the option at the Firelink Bonfire.

So you're good to go! =)
    Awesome ! thanks ! I love it ! I love how FromSoftware took the good things from both Dark Souls I and the good things from Dark Souls II and mixing them together !

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post

Do you have any details on that build? Sounds like it could be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanorgandalf View Post
    Do you have any details on that build? Sounds like it could be interesting.
    For me basically it's a paladin a mix strength build for me it is 40 strength points and over 50 faith points with at least 2 spells slots using denial spell to save you from death which is very useful and the second spell is free for all I usually use greater heal for farming and exploring or the greater lightning spear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Like I said on the other page, I've heard it has more to do with the way damage is calculated for multiple damage types over an individual damage reduction itself.

Every damage type goes through a flat and then percent damage reduction, so if you have 2 different damage types it double dips the flat reduction and does baby damage which ends up being far more significant than how much of an individual reduction you have.
    Yes, but that applies for every elemental weapon. If we're talking about Lightning specifically, which the guy I originally replied to was, then Endurance would be the primary reason why he does less damage to a large amount of people.

Yes, but that applies for every elemental weapon. If we're talking about Lightning specifically, which the guy I originally replied to was, then Endurance would be the primary reason why he does less damage to a large amount of people.
    The point was that pretty much all elemental weapons suck for pvp because of said interaction. Hence why I brought up dancers blades the first time.

On a completely random note, was thinking that it kind of sucks that you can't re-fight bosses on the same playthrough. A lot of the fun I've had in games like this is getting really good at fighting a boss and trying to gain mastery over it. It'd be interesting if they allowed you to replay the encounter without rewards or whatever and maybe even had a lil leaderboard system for players to compete on how efficiently they killed the bosses.

I guess cheesing / hacking as well as how easy a lot of the bosses are doesn't help there though.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-05-06 at 04:43 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The point was that pretty much all elemental weapons suck for pvp because of said interaction. Hence why I brought up dancers blades the first time.

On a completely random note, was thinking that it kind of sucks that you can't re-fight bosses on the same playthrough. A lot of the fun I've had in games like this is getting really good at fighting a boss and trying to gain mastery over it. It'd be interesting if they allowed you to replay the encounter without rewards or whatever and maybe even had a lil leaderboard system for players to compete on how efficiently they killed the bosses.

I guess cheesing / hacking as well as how easy a lot of the bosses are doesn't help there though.
    You can leave your summon sign outside the door and fight the Boss in someone else's world. Jolly co-operation! But no solo boss-rush type thing. Would be interesting though.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvCbKNi7vL8

Video showing how to use a bug to 1-shot people with Sacred Flame. x_X
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I just saw that video actually. Fun times.