Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    That argument is ridiculous. Orgrimmar and Stormwind were both revamped at the same time. Orgrimmar's may have been a bigger change, but it also needed it more; Stormwind was already more beautiful and functional than Orgrimmar was. More importantly, neither of them have been changed since their concurrent updates. Stormwind is the first one to get fixed. Orgrimmar is still going to be horribly polluted and dead-looking.
    .... the only thing stormwind got was a destroyed park and a little more added to the entrance to god king varians throne room. Oh, and gazebo.

Eventually they had some statues restored.

Orgrimmar was entirely redone. You can't really compare the two. One was half assed, another was an entire revamp.

That said I liked old orgrimmar more than I liked.... well I'd say old stormwind but old and new are pretty much identical. A lot of the place is still using vanilla models and it shows.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks very nice and fits in well with the theme of the city. I like the fountains/Waterfalls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    *SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO*

I am extremely disappointed in the rebuilt park.

It looks nothing like the park did pre-cataclysm - it was large open area, surrounded by enterable buildings and a big moonwell. This new park is literaly just a tiny graveyard, there's nothing else there... No open area, no buildings, no moonwell, virtually no grass at all.

Really not happy about it.
    Yeah, god forbid someone would think about improving an old design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    No, this is not the stormwind park.

Another reason why they need to reintroduce the old world as an alternative.
    The decision to replace the world without having it accessible is by far the worst design decision they had.
    Hopefully the game is still worthy but still.
    Queue the inevitable mention of vanilla...

Deleted
    OP
    You can't actually be serious.

Deathwing blew up the park, he didn't just set it on fire, he left a great big smoldering crater, you can see it here:

This is all that is left, and if you honestly thought the restored park district would look anything like it did previously then you're an idiot.

Honestly, it's preferable to a giant crater. But I do agree, I wish there were more buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I agree, it looks awful. However, I don't even play this shit game anymore.
    Thanks for sharing this precious piece of information with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's mad that the park doesn't look like it once did (impossible)... I'd be more pissed that it took them THREE FUCKING EXPANSIONS AND SIX FUCKING YEARS IN REAL TIME TO FUCKING FIX THAT SHIT!!!

Lazy Blizzard fucks.. take them that long to find some other park to replicate in game or something? (it does look nice however)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It looks quite nice, and I'm very glad they did something with it. That said, I wish they had done a little bit more. I was really hoping for that one unique tavern building with all the bottles and barrels in the walls to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    .... the only thing stormwind got was a destroyed park and a little more added to the entrance to god king varians throne room. Oh, and gazebo.

Eventually they had some statues restored.

Orgrimmar was entirely redone. You can't really compare the two. One was half assed, another was an entire revamp.

That said I liked old orgrimmar more than I liked.... well I'd say old stormwind but old and new are pretty much identical. A lot of the place is still using vanilla models and it shows.
    If you're talking about Cataclysm, Stormwind got the Harbor, the Graveyard, the little forest outside the Mage District, and changes to the forested/watery area behind Stormwind Keep. Admittedly this is less than the big revamp the Horde got, but it's still more than you're mentioning.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2016-05-06 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Queue the inevitable mention of vanilla...
    Yeah was looking for that myself...

It is rather underwhelming. As a Druid who frequented the Park all the way from Vanilla to Wrath, for well over 4 years of time, I am disappointed but at least glad that there is SOMETHING there other than a pile of rubble. Still, I wish for something a bit better. It's just, so small, lackluster, all that is there is a monument.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    If you're talking about Cataclysm, Stormwind got the Harbor, the Graveyard, the little forest outside the Mage District, and changes to the forested/watery area behind Stormwind Keep. Admittedly this is less than the big revamp the Horde got, but it's still more than you're mentioning.
    The harbor was added in Wotlk, but your point still stands. The Horde got some zeppelin towers and the Alliance got an entire harbor to go to Northrend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Terraforming isn't easy when Stormwind doesn't pay their contractors
    It wasn't Stormwind, it was Onyxia, and she's dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I'm willing to bet 90% of the buildings in the mage quarter/park were never entered into yet somehow that's the part you long for?

Its amazing how few people realize that artifcially raising land is something that is rather simple and easy and has been done for ages, and would be even easier in a magic settings.

Like "Oh my god its impossible to restore that landmass in stormwind!" is so blatantly wrong it hurts. People have been doing that shit for centuries.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I like it. It's like a Memorial Park.

10+ Year Old Account
    #NightElfLivesMatter
    'A corpse should be left alone.'

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its amazing how few people realize that artifcially raising land is something that is rather simple and easy and has been done for ages, and would be even easier in a magic settings.

Like "Oh my god its impossible to restore that landmass in stormwind!" is so blatantly wrong it hurts. People have been doing that shit for centuries.
    We don't want Mage Quarter, Pt. II. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am extremely disappointed in the rebuilt park.

It looks nothing like the park did pre-cataclysm - it was large open area, surrounded by enterable buildings and a big moonwell. This new park is literaly just a tiny graveyard, there's nothing else there... No open area, no buildings, no moonwell, virtually no grass at all.

Really not happy about it.
    If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that's the spot where Deathwing laid a big 'ol fire shit and destroyed everything. If I'm right, I have to ask what were you expecting? An exact copy of the park we used to have? The terrain there has been destroyed and has been altered so why is this new design any surprise? Of course it's going to be completely different.

I thought it looked nice.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-05-06 at 07:20 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh... Memorial parks are a thing. While I don't like the idea of more tombs, it's damn pretty and I'm just happy they finally did something with it.

On the whole, 7/10, will visit regularly.