Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    SolidJake mentioned in one of his videos that there are already updated talents for Falstad, Anub'arak and Arthas. Sadly he has no footage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any actual changes in the mmr match making?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Any actual changes in the mmr match making?
    You mean just any changes to MMR? As I understood it they are removing the "certainty" during placement games. So there will be larger number swings during those 20 games only. Not even close to enough, and honestly I'd prefer they did nothing, just so they are still pressured to do a complete overhaul of the system. (*spoiler* they still will be) I just don't understand why they can't use a rolling system where only your last X games count, or games in X amount of time. It's a complete joke that your first 100 games are what matters and not your last.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    You mean just any changes to MMR? As I understood it they are removing the "certainty" during placement games. So there will be larger number swings during those 20 games only. Not even close to enough, and honestly I'd prefer they did nothing, just so they are still pressured to do a complete overhaul of the system. (*spoiler* they still will be) I just don't understand why they can't use a rolling system where only your last X games count, or games in X amount of time. It's a complete joke that your first 100 games are what matters and not your last.
    I thought they said there will only be 10 placement match games now?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    Blizzard has invited the "big fish" to LA which had it happening few hours ago.
    Here are some tweets from the fish I've mentioned:

Grubby
    Fnatic Smexy
    KendricSwissh
    Dreadnaught
    SolidJake

Excited?
    I have no idea who these people are, so a brief synopsis would appear, at least to me, to be appropriate. In other words, what makes these five individuals special?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I have no idea who these people are, so a brief synopsis would appear, at least to me, to be appropriate. In other words, what makes these five individuals special?
    Grubby, Dread, and Solidjake are all HotS casters, the other two are players from other teams if I remember right?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I thought they said there will only be 10 placement match games now?
    Even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    DBro has been hinting that they're implementing the league system from Starcraft 2.

For those who don't know/haven't played SC2, the ranked system is split up into leagues based on skill; it starts at Bronze League, then Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Master. When you complete your placement matches, you're put into a league that should roughly correspond to your skill level. There are parallel divisions within each league, ie. you can have as many Gold divisions as needed. Each division has a maximum of 100 people but is seeded in such a way that if you're top 10 in one Gold division, you're roughly in the top-10% playerbase across all of the Gold league. You are awarded points on wins, and said points are retracted with losses. If you win a lot of games in a row in your league, you are eventually promoted to the next one. When SC2 first came out, you could be demoted as well when losing a lot, however they removed that feature some time ago. How the HotS implementation will work, I cannot say.

The Grandmaster bit comes from the SC2 Grandmaster League. It is a special league with only one division, fitting 200 players. These slots are reserved for the 200 best players in each region. Unlike the other league divisions, this is a direct leaderboard where you can see how well you're doing compared to the absolute best players in your region. Currently Rank 1 does not mean much. The eventual implementation of Grandmaster is intended to fix that by seperating the REALLY good players from the regular good ones. And in contrast to the other leagues, you need to play each week to keep your spot. If you're not playing, someone else will get your position.
    would expect them to take more of a hearthstone approach to ranking.

Grubby is a well-known caster, streamer, commentator/analyst, and former pro-player in Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. Smexy is currently playing for Fnatic's HotS esports team. Kendric is a streamer/commentator, Dreadnaught is formerly a pro-player on Tempo Storm's HotS esports team, now analyst and content-maker for TS. And lastly SolidJake is a caster who has been involved in several HotS-related community projects prior to being "noticed" by the important people at tournaments.

Basically, it's the absolute top of the players, casters, and community personalities that were invited for this presentation. Not only for publicity but also for feedback from the top of the top. In fact, their feedback already reverted planned changes to reintroduce 3-queue to Hero League.

- - - Updated - - -

Completed quest talents now have a golden frame!

I just have mentioned these 5 as first come in my mind.

Grubby is a WC3 / SC2 pro player and went to HotS scene, however he is not playing in eSports team, he is streaming the game and playing pretty well. Also he is one of the best casters about HotS, just like SolidJake and Dreadnaught, who was playing as support role in Tempo Storm team last year, before going full commentary.

Smexy is a pro player for Fnatic Team.
    KendricSwissh is analyst on eSports and helping the community to be tight where we at with his YouTube acc.

edit
    didn't read Nerraw's reply before posting my, sry and thanks @Nerraw

I am a menace to my own destiny.

No worries.

So basically they are just letting streamers / community people announce new stuff instead of just posting it on their official channels?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So basically they are just letting streamers / community people announce new stuff instead of just posting it on their official channels?
    Of course they are. These guys have big social media followings and they are players just like us, so it's an effective marketing tool to give them previews and let them reveal stuff. This is 2016, marketing has evolved. We're living in the age where advertisement is hidden in Instagram pictures and news articles. Just posting some new info on your official website won't generate as much hype as doing it this way.

It's also one of those summits that Blizzard likes to do with their streamer/pro/caster community. They do it for pretty much all their games, because they want feedback from people who represent large chunks of their playerbase before they reveal anything.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What is there to be excited about? I haven't saw any proper information except "its going to be good in near future" which doesn't tell anything. It can be amazing for those guys but not for me.
    Ranked mode having actual progression for high rank players and two new heroes. Usually just one hero reveal is already exciting, so this is fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Of course they are. These guys have big social media followings and they are players just like us, so it's an effective marketing tool to give them previews and let them reveal stuff. This is 2016, marketing has evolved. We're living in the age where advertisement is hidden in Instagram pictures and news articles. Just posting some new info on your official website won't generate as much hype as doing it this way.

It's also one of those summits that Blizzard likes to do with their streamer/pro/caster community. They do it for pretty much all their games, because they want feedback from people who represent large chunks of their playerbase before they reveal anything.
    I totally get it I'm just saying that's all this is? No really big announcement, just more heroes/etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I totally get it I'm just saying that's all this is? No really big announcement, just more heroes/etc.
    I would say revamped HL and Season 1 start is pretty big news, but that's just me.

And the Pre-season rewards are pretty nice.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.