Poll: What are your feelings on the upcoming Warcraft movie?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I can't help feeling that Blizzard have essentially created a made-for-TV feature and are still desperately trying to market it as a AAA Summer Blockbuster. It's frankly a little embarrassing.
    LOL. Only thing that is embarrassing is that comment.

Judging from the trailers and all the interviews I've seen with Duncan Jones and, sometimes, Robert Kazinsky everything is looking to be going in exactly the direction I wanted it to go. The look and feel of Warcraft is poised to be translated to the cinematic format, and anything other than that would have been a disappointment. They chose to tell the story of Warcraft: Orcs & humans, anything else would have been a disappointment. They have a director attached who has played and feel passionately about the games and who wants to stay true to the story told in them and who is interested in staying a part of this should this film be successful. Anything else would have been a cause for concern. While his list of merits going in to this isn't long, the few things he has made has been met with critical acclaim. I am very optimistic about this movie, and the prospects of Duncan Jones starting off this movie franchise with a trilogy that will have set the tone of the Warcraft Cinematic Universe just right so that future directors who don't have the same connection with the franchise will know what he is expected to deliver. I couldn't be more happy at this point. Now all that awaits is going to see the movie extremely hyped and hopeful that it will turn out to be good!

I'm going to see it. Until then I'm avoiding all these teasers and previews. I don't know what to expect and I intend to keep it that way. I'm also going to be ignoring reviews. I've seen more than my share of movies I wound up enjoying despite being critically savaged bombs. Once I've seen it, I will form an opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen it just looks "ok." I'll still go see it opening weekend though and can only hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Why would I be hyped for a movie that will tank worse then Batman V Superman?
    Despite the reviews, the movie grossed nearly $1 billion. I'd hardly consider that a "tank."

As for my opinion on the movie, the special effects look really poor but I like Jones as a director so I'll wait for the reviews before going to see it in theaters.

Honestly as big a fan as I am of the series, what I've seen so far looks meh. I'll go and see it but I'm not gonna set my expectations high. Don't get me wrong Duncan Jones and his crew have done an amazing job on the movie but the problem is video game movies don't tend to bode well critically or financially. Only one I know of is Resident Evil and that is because it went more down the horror genre route than video game.

I play WoW, and while a large part of the reason I stick with WoW is cuz of "the world" and the style associated with it... I'm not *that* big a fan of the world to get hyped over a movie/series purely because its in the same setting.

So yeah, I'll prolly watch it with a WoW buddy or two... but not getting any big hopes up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duncan Jones modified the story to be more cohesive for the non-gamers audience. That implied big lore changes. So don´t get mad for it.

Looks just as good as Warlords of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, but I'l go and see it.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    I will have fun with the movie. Be it either by watching it or by making fun of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overhyped and will be terrible. It's a GAME movie. It will bomb like shit. That is the natural order of things, just like movie-based games are just as awful.

To the peepl saying the GGI looks bad (from watching unfinished old as fuck trailers(lol)):

Does this look "bad"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe my feelings can be conveniently summed up in that popular Curb Your Enthusiasm gif.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

Does this look "bad"?
    Sth is off about the wolf. Can't really put it into words, but it feels "edited in" to me.
    To be fair: one is not supposed to stare at stills of effect shots for a decent amount of time though.
    Rule #1 of effect shorts: keep them short.

I am so excited, I am not sure I am going to watch it at all, no interest. Certainly not going to a theater for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sth is off about the wolf. Can't really put it into words, but it feels "edited in" to me.
    The wolf looks like a dog about a feet tall, photoshopped into the picture where it looks big.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the kind of person that hypes herself over any movies. When I go to the cinema I want entertainment and most often I get it. I think it will be fun to watch even if only for the visuals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    LOL. Only thing that is embarrassing is that comment.

Judging from the trailers and all the interviews I've seen with Duncan Jones and, sometimes, Robert Kazinsky everything is looking to be going in exactly the direction I wanted it to go. The look and feel of Warcraft is poised to be translated to the cinematic format, and anything other than that would have been a disappointment. They chose to tell the story of Warcraft: Orcs & humans, anything else would have been a disappointment. They have a director attached who has played and feel passionately about the games and who wants to stay true to the story told in them and who is interested in staying a part of this should this film be successful. Anything else would have been a cause for concern. While his list of merits going in to this isn't long, the few things he has made has been met with critical acclaim. I am very optimistic about this movie, and the prospects of Duncan Jones starting off this movie franchise with a trilogy that will have set the tone of the Warcraft Cinematic Universe just right so that future directors who don't have the same connection with the franchise will know what he is expected to deliver. I couldn't be more happy at this point. Now all that awaits is going to see the movie extremely hyped and hopeful that it will turn out to be good!
    I'm here for a hug when it turns out to be terrible.

I don't think it'll be the Holy Grail of movies, but it looks like it'll be a fun watch.

7+ Year Old Account
    After the disappointment that was Warlords of Draenor, it really can't let me down - so I am super stoked for it.

it looks extremely cheesy, definitely not getting my hopes up