Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm guessing way more than that because I can't imagine trump being viewed favorably compared to romney with "the women."
    I bet every time Trump poses with a taco, he'll get 1% of the minority vote. That's a lot of posing with tacos!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its the powers that be. and new world order they are in cohoots with it all.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    There was a lot going on, and for one thing Carter's approval rating was through the floor. We have no incumbent this time.
    That is true. But there is a lot going on now too. Different stuff granted, but still a lot of stuff people are upset about. The main reason Trump has done so well. And the other candidates failed to tap into.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is true. But there is a lot going on now too. Different stuff granted, but still a lot of stuff people are upset about. The main reason Trump has done so well. And the other candidates failed to tap into.
    I mean you did prove your point, Reagan did overcome crazy polling disadvantage, so you were right there. But as the article stated, polling tech and methods were a lot less accurate back then as well. Trump is losing popularity at the moment while Reagan was gaining it. Reagan was a nobody that everyone started to love all of a sudden and who busted onto the scene with a big win. Trump has been wildly unpopular for a long time now, and pretty much everyone knows about his failed business ventures.

I suspect they were waiting for the general election to whip all the dirt on Trump out, but nobody really has yet to leverage the fact that he's been convicted of fraud recently, has been the subject of over 150 investigations and lawsuits, lost many of them. He regularly lied to investors and used some very underhanded tactics to swindle people out of their money.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm guessing way more than that because I can't imagine trump being viewed favorably compared to romney with "the women."
    I have said this before and I guess I need to keep repeating it, " I do not have confidence Trump can win. " In fact, he was not my pick to be the GOP candidate. So you are correct, he has a lot to win over and it may be too big of a task. But, stranger things have happened. Very few thought he had any chance back in June of 2015 to win the GOP primary.

7+ Year Old Account
    I bet every time Trump poses with a taco, he'll get 1% of the minority vote. That's a lot of posing with tacos!
    Every time Trump poses with a taco a burrito get its wings..or cheese sauce. I cant remember which.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you did prove your point, Reagan did overcome crazy polling disadvantage, so you were right there. But as the article stated, polling tech and methods were a lot less accurate back then as well. Trump is losing popularity at the moment while Reagan was gaining it. Reagan was a nobody that everyone started to love all of a sudden and who busted onto the scene with a big win. Trump has been wildly unpopular for a long time now, and pretty much everyone knows about his failed business ventures.

I suspect they were waiting for the general election to whip all the dirt on Trump out, but nobody really has yet to leverage the fact that he's been convicted of fraud recently, has been the subject of over 150 investigations and lawsuits, lost many of them. He regularly lied to investors and used some very underhanded tactics to swindle people out of their money.
    Some good points. Not sure I agree with the bolded part however. Some very recent so called modern polls have been pretty far off. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of that is the other candidates themselves. Another Bush. Theocratic zodiac killer. A Teahadist who couldn't win his own state. A surgeon with religious tourettes. A guy who hugged the black guy ruining the white house. A semi sane guy who couldn't get support because HE SOUNDED FUCKING SANE.

"Please pick up the turd by the clean end" seems to define this political cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I thought this thread was about the Clinton Email scandal. I really want to know if there's truth behind the simple liability of the threat to security and not about intent. I dealt with secure information and I just don't see how in the hell I wouldn't be in jail for the shit she pulled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some good points. Not sure I agree with the bolded part however. Some very recent so called modern polls have been pretty far off. :P
    Ramussen has notoriously been inaccurate, all of the others pretty much, for the most part, agree with each other and fall within the margin of error. When people talk about inaccurate polls, they think of things like the polls that predicted Romney victories, but again, those polls showed him with a 2-3 point lead, which is within the margin of error. When Obama beat him by 3 points, that was still within the margin of error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Part of that is the other candidates themselves. Another Bush. Theocratic zodiac killer. A Teahadist who couldn't win his own state. A surgeon with religious tourettes. A guy who hugged the black guy ruining the white house. A semi sane guy who couldn't get support because HE SOUNDED FUCKING SANE.

"Please pick up the turd by the clean end" seems to define this political cycle.
    I agree about Bush and Cruz is too conservative to win now anyway. The demographics of this country has changed too much. There were some good other candidates however. You may not like them, but I did. Such as Rubio and Kasich.

- - - Updated - - -

Ramussen has notoriously been inaccurate, all of the others pretty much, for the most part, agree with each other and fall within the margin of error. When people talk about inaccurate polls, they think of things like the polls that predicted Romney victories, but again, those polls showed him with a 2-3 point lead, which is within the margin of error. When Obama beat him by 3 points, that was still within the margin of error.
    Not just them. You forgot the polling which showed Hillary leading by a good margin in Indiana and Michigan before the primary vote? And even Trump won his last states by a much better % than the polls showed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I thought this thread was about the Clinton Email scandal. I really want to know if there's truth behind the simple liability of the threat to security and not about intent. I dealt with secure information and I just don't see how in the hell I wouldn't be in jail for the shit she pulled.
    It is and it has a lot to do with the general election overall. Which is why it may seem to be some off topic posts, they are not really.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-05-06 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    its the powers that be. and new world order they are in cohoots with it all.
    Take the tinfoil hat off, it is strangling what is left of your brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    First, it wasn't Bush nor Cheney ... it was some low level staffers.

Second, not even close to the same level of concern. Clinton's use of a private server with confirmed Top Secret emails on it vs low level staffers improperly sending some day to day non-classified emails.
    First, and yes I'm using the same kind of rhetoric here the GOP is using against Clinton, we can't be sure. The RNC, who hosted the email server, deleted a lot of them. About a million. Wups!

Second, there were confirmed emails from "low-level staffers" Karl Rove, Andrew Card (White House Chief of Staff) and Ken Mehlman (White House Director of Political Affairs). And eighty-five other people, some in the office of the Vice President. So, not Cheney...maybe, but people on his staff, proven.

Third, it is exactly the same thing. Besides anything that might have been done with the emails that were deleted, the remaining emails were definitely connected to the (unprecedented) firings of 7 US Attorneys to solidify A.G Gonzalez's hold on the DOJ, and they also were connected to the public outing of CIA agent Valarie Plame, in direct revenge to her contradiction of the uranium story Bush told the world about Iraq.

Nothing was ever done by (big surprise) Attorney General Gonzales. There were some Senate followups but nothing came of it. Probably because there wasn't enough evidence of intentional wrongdoing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    First, and yes I'm using the same kind of rhetoric here the GOP is using against Clinton, we can't be sure. The RNC, who hosted the email server, deleted a lot of them. About a million. Wups!

Second, there were confirmed emails from "low-level staffers" Karl Rove, Andrew Card (White House Chief of Staff) and Ken Mehlman (White House Director of Political Affairs). And eighty-five other people, some in the office of the Vice President. So, not Cheney...maybe, but people on his staff, proven.

Third, it is exactly the same thing. Besides anything that might have been done with the emails that were deleted, the remaining emails were definitely connected to the (unprecedented) firings of 7 US Attorneys to solidify A.G Gonzalez's hold on the DOJ, and they also were connected to the public outing of CIA agent Valarie Plame, in direct revenge to her contradiction of the uranium story Bush told the world about Iraq.

Nothing was ever done by (big surprise) Attorney General Gonzales. There were some Senate followups but nothing came of it. Probably because there wasn't enough evidence of intentional wrongdoing.
    ... none of that says what I want to hear, so another investgation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL the answer would be the exact same, guilty or not they were never going to admit she did anything wrong.

I have said this before and I guess I need to keep repeating it, " I do not have confidence Trump can win. " In fact, he was not my pick to be the GOP candidate. So you are correct, he has a lot to win over and it may be too big of a task. But, stranger things have happened. Very few thought he had any chance back in June of 2015 to win the GOP primary.
    That's definitely true. I think that got trump a lot of "underdog" votes too.

HAHAAH what I find funny is that the FBI hasn't released any information, but an correspondent for CNN said "there isn't any wrongdoing".. Yeh.. the Clinton News Network says there is nothing wrong. I'll believe it when it comes from the mouths of the FBI and the judge. The reason it is taking so long is because they need full-proof evidence that Hillary's lawyers can't shrug off as "I had no knowledge' or 'O you mean wipe the server with like a cloth or something?" You can't rush a case that involves the clintons with such an extensive case as this.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's ok Cheney has come out and endorsed him. Trump just locked up the election with the War criminal GOP faction.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was wrong. He won 17% of it. Still not enough. Maybe the 3% extra would have helped. lol. Seems he is going to need more than 20%.
    I think the race is far closer than polls represent. No one really knows what Trump's rhetoric will do to minority voters or just voters in general. Volatility is naturally hard to predict... I thought Romney was going to win...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think the race is far closer than polls represent. No one really knows what Trump's rhetoric will do to minority voters or just voters in general. Volatility is naturally hard to predict... I thought Romney was going to win...
    Except that, you know, all the polling consistently shows that he performs very poorly with minorities. And with women.

I mean, you can say "Nobody knows!" but between polling and primary voting data pretty much everyone knows.