Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good, the world doesn't need anymore frat-dude-bros or head-on-a-slinky sorority girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So Harvard, some say the best school in the world, certainly the richest, is trying to put an end to gender based greek institutions like sororities and fraternities, they want these groups to open up access to other genders and orientations.

Much more at the link

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...ubs-greeklife/

Starting with Harvard’s Class of 2021, undergraduate members of unrecognized single-gender social organizations will be banned from holding athletic team captaincies and leadership positions in all recognized student groups. They will also be ineligible for College endorsement for top fellowships like the Rhodes and Marshall scholarships.

While administrators have criticized single-gender social clubs, particularly male final clubs, for statistics purportedly linking them with an elevated risk of sexual assault, Faust and Khurana’s messages focused primarily on the membership selection practices of unrecognized single gender groups.

“[T]he discriminatory membership policies of these organizations have led to the perpetuation of spaces that are rife with power imbalances,” Khurana wrote. “The most entrenched of these spaces send an unambiguous message that they are the exclusive preserves of men. In their recruitment practices and through their extensive resources and access to networks of power, these organizations propagate exclusionary values that undermine those of the larger Harvard College community.”
    as long as BOTH frats and sororities are banned then great. never saw the point in them anyways. maybe there is one, comradery, but you can find that anywhere if you desperately need it. the posted material seems (“[T]he discriminatory membership policies of these organizations have led to the perpetuation of spaces that are rife with power imbalances,” Khurana wrote. “The most entrenched of these spaces send an unambiguous message that they are the exclusive preserves of men. In their recruitment practices and through their extensive resources and access to networks of power, these organizations propagate exclusionary values that undermine those of the larger Harvard College community.”) seems to just target frats, which is unfair...but since when has life been about fairness? hell...might as well ban all the book clubs/marykay/sex toy parties too.

I remember Yale frat members for example yelling "No means Yes, Yes means Anal" and other crap like that, as well as other... well fairly disrespectfull slogans to female freshmen at other universities. There certainly are frats having a disgusting attitude towards women. And no, no matter of meant seariously or not, you just better don't say somethings.

Shrug. There was a Harvard men's club who said themselves that they didn't want to admit women because they were afraid it would lead to an increase in sexual misconduct (lol), I'm not surprised at the statistics that purportedly link fraternities with an elevated risk of sexual assault. We already know the type of reputation that fraternities have had historically, if you buy into the notion of rape culture then you shouldn't be surprised at this.

Personally I think there are better ways and means to address sexual assaults on campus, and yes I think sexual assaults on campus are a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Good, the world doesn't need anymore frat-dude-bros or head-on-a-slinky sorority girls.
    I don't think, "I don't like X, so ban X!" is a good impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Personally I think there are better ways and means to address sexual assaults on campus, and yes I think sexual assaults on campus are a problem.
    Sexual assaults anywhere is a problem. But campus is statistically safer, so seems to be a weird thing to focus on. Though that's generally speaking. In terms of uni administration it's not like they have much power over what happens elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Is "easily manipulated warriors" some lame term to try to say "the right wingers have SJW's too?" lmao
    I think it refers to people who jump on anti-SJW rhetoric without there actually being any SJW going on at all. That being said, isn't there female and male only "fraternities"? Are they both banned? Is only one? I don't get it. Anyways i prefer Warrior Lodges myself, so we can all worship Dae- i mean talk about the Emperor. No Heresy here, no sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Sexual assaults anywhere is a problem. But campus is statistically safer, so seems to be a weird thing to focus on. Though that's generally speaking. In terms of uni administration it's not like they have much power over what happens elsewhere.
    That is true, it does seem like a lot of concern/emphasis is placed on assaults that happen on college campuses when statistically people are (slightly) more likely to be assaulted off-campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Unless its posts that hurt your feelings on MMO-Champion. Then it's cool.

Anyhow, weren't these the same guys that explicitly said that they couldn't help but rape women should they be in their vicinity? Seems like a good idea to shut down an organization with people like that.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Unless its posts that hurt your feelings on MMO-Champion. Then it's cool.
    I don't know who you are or why you have a hard-on for me. Whatever.
    Anyhow, weren't these the same guys that explicitly said that they couldn't help but rape women should they be in their vicinity? Seems like a good idea to shut down an organization with people like that.
    I don't recall anyone saying that they can't help but rape people. Are you sure you're not just lying?

I don't recall anyone saying that they can't help but rape people. Are you sure you're not just lying?
    Considering I'm the only honest person on this site, that's highly unlikely. I do remember a case where a frat, asked about women in frats, treated sexual violence as an inevitability.

I think this challenges the freedom of association. You gonna choose who I can and cannot associate with? Fuck that noise.

Also I just generally hate this idea, however, I do approve of them shutting down sororities for fairness. Gotta love that equality bitch-slap.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Considering I'm the only honest person on this site, that's highly unlikely.
    I guess this is consistent with your martyr-based signature

I guess this is consistent with your martyr-based signature
    Please. You say that as if that statement is some sort of high bar of merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, which is why I never said that. I don't care for frats/sororities and don't really find them to have value, but I've never rabblerabbled for their dissolution or anything. I'm just not terribly upset by it (the closing of frats/sororities)either.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because fuck tradition brotherhoods and networking. Some of you have commited the cardinal sin of hurting a woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not ruin his revenge of the nerds moment.

If frats and sororities are band, so too should all social clubs. Because thats all they are.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, because forcing people to do what you want to and not allowing them to have their own fraternities is totally tolerant.

Fuck me the intolerance of so called tolerant people is astounding.

Nothing says rape like the separation of males and females into separate establishments entirely devoid of one another.

There was a Harvard men's club who said themselves that they didn't want to admit women because they were afraid it would lead to an increase in sexual misconduct (lol)
    That didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    They responded to the absurd claim by the administration that going co-ed would reduce sexual misconduct. They're apparently involved in 0 cases; allowing women can, if anything, increase the cases.
    Of course, that won''t stop OP, or the reporters, to wax risible sexist rhetoric over it, because "fuck reality if we can get people riled up"