Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wouldn't the differing atmosphere mean that even if we did resurrect some massive dinosaur, it'd quickly die?

Maybe if we focus our efforts on more recently extinct species, with far more likely intact DNA, and work our way back from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

There's a lot of reasons why dinosaurs would not thrive in this current day and age. Our atmosphere is completely different than it was pre-Ice Age, temperature wise we are cooler too. Large dinosaurs would require a massive amount of fauna to sustain them, which would wreak havoc on local ecosystems. Carnivorous ones would be inherently quite dangerous, and as Jurassic Park pointed out to us over the course of several crappy sequels it is impossible to contain breeding carnivores within artificial boundaries...

Basically a terrible idea even if we limited bringing only the small omnivorous ones back due to ecosystem issues. Maybe if they were kept somewhere contained, like a park.

Deleted

Yes.

Why is this even a question? Obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yes.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is not much uninhabited land left that Dinosaurs could live on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    There is not much uninhabited land left that Dinosaurs could live on.
    Plenty of land available in Sibiria, American Midwest, Canada, Central Australia etc.

If trump gets elected, he'll do that for sure, and have them patrol the border.

Deleted
    Would it be possible to create an ''artificial'' island in like South America where we could drop them off? And in order to stop them from escaping there could be a dome around the island.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Plenty of land available in Sibiria, American Midwest, Canada, Central Australia etc.
    So land that could not support most extinct species of Dinosaur.

Plus what keeps them on that land? From being predatored on by modern species?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So land that could not support most extinct species of Dinosaur.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Polar_dinosaurs

10+ Year Old Account

Yes.
    Harness the power. DINO-RIDERS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did the dinosaurs live on ice and snow? By fossil accounts plants and things COULD grow in the south pole at that time. It does not now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Poachers and magical Chinese brews anyone?
    Good luck taking down a T-rex without a rocketlauncher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Add most of northern Scandinavia to that, especially Sweden and Finland.

Really curious as to where this uninhabited land they are going to roam is located? I think we should send them to fight ISIS. Send a hundred thousand T-rexes over there....

I think, if we did resurrect them- they would die off quickly to disease or the environment. The last living dinosaur was over 65 million years ago, a lot has changed since then...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.
    Sign me up. great pic!

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Harness the power. DINO-RIDERS.
    That's the exact line that came to my mind as soon as I saw that picture.

No, what's the point? Resurrect and introduce a large animal species with no natural predators? That could devastate an ecosystem.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Fuck yes. Let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Blew it? Are you kidding me? They're the real heroes!

How do you know it was an asteroid? ... are you sure it wasn't?

besides it was a miss-quote from JP it should have been "Dinosaurs had their shot, and NATURE selected them for extinction."

Also thinking about it, an asteroid.. it kills EVERY dino on the planet an yet everything. everything else manages to survive, were they all hiding in the ocean till it was all over... i call shenanigans!

this made me almost shit my pants.. lol
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2016-05-07 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've one question. Do we have any indication that they are tasty?
    Shrug. Do you think lizard/alligator meat is tasty?

Typically carnivores are not very tasty but alligator meat is ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    No, what's the point? Resurrect and introduce a large animal species with no natural predators? That could devastate an ecosystem.
    OP is obsessed with animals and is young so I'm sure he didn't seriously think about this topic beyond "but it would be cooool"!!1!