Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So thats a very bad thing right? You would never want your president to have that level of business proficiency to pull that kind of shit instead you would prefer the clinton gargoyle to spam 200k$ speaches for the militaryxbanksxcorporatefarmaoiletc.

If running for office was so lucrative I am sure Meg Whitman and Ross Perot must be laughing all the way to bank on this having majorly self funded their own campaigns.

Oh what's that? They got burnt bad losing over 100M+. Oh I am sure they ended up somehow. They are all just gaming the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So thats a very bad thing right? You would never want your president to have that level of business proficiency to pull that kind of shit instead you would prefer the clinton gargoyle to spam 200k$ speaches for the militaryxbanksxcorporatefarmaoiletc.
    As long as those $200k+ end up vastly in philanthropic causes, most definitely.

It's kind of paradox...
    The usual suspects have zero problem with a fucking Billionaire who scammed thousands of average people, and the common tax payer out of their money, amassing those billions in the first place. And at the same time the millionaire who spends a fortune of their revenues on charitable stuff is the bad person..

How much of a level of stupidity can there actually exist?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    He is also soliciting donations to his campaign.

As he is his own creditor ... he can set the interest rate of his loan to himself.

In theory he can set it to whatever he wants and bleed his campaign dry of money via interest payments. It would be perfectly legal I believe.

He is making money of campaigning.
    So basically how the federal reserve works?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    He's not even financing his own campaign anymore. He just hired Steven Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs partner, as his national campaign finance chairman. The guy is a grade A sleazeball.

http://fortune.com/2016/05/05/trump-...rs-super-pacs/
    He is going to be a busy guy. He currently is trying to walk back Trump's claims that he was not going to pay back the full amount on bonds that US owes to creditors and will engage in a Haircut process. In other words partial default on it's debt. Not only would it be disastrous to the US and World economy it's unconstitutional. The Trump apologists who think his business acumen will somehow help the country will of course try to justify this but this is yet another reason he is unsuitable for the role.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    He is also soliciting donations to his campaign.

As he is his own creditor ... he can set the interest rate of his loan to himself.

In theory he can set it to whatever he wants and bleed his campaign dry of money via interest payments. It would be perfectly legal I believe.

He is making money of campaigning.
    Not surprised. Fuck Trump, campaigning on the whole bullshit notion of self-funding. I hope it bites him in the ass in the general election.

We really need campaign finance reform.

Deleted
    He doesn't need to win the election, he still comes out with a profit even if he gets 0.0% of the votes, lol maybe he will even drop out by himself 2 days before election day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So basically how the federal reserve works?
    ???

The Fed Reserve is a central bank. It's serves to regulate the money supply.

What does that have to do with profiteering from political campaigning?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    We really need campaign finance reform.
    Seriously, no matter who you support, US political campaigns are nuts when it comes to how much get spent.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    he loves words, even the uneducated.

- - - Updated - - -

Important diplomatic matters aren't handled by email.

The Secretary of state of the USA doesn't hammer out any negotiations with their colleague from China via email.
    Besides, by all of you smarty pants logic, she handled email accounts perfectly fine, even an entire server which housed hundreds of accounts.
    Well enough that she apparently hides treasonous activities from the law enforcement, from the nation.
    That is in my books perfect email handling lol
    Yeah, she handled those e-mails fine- which is why she is being investigated for it, her e-mails were hacked and she had to pay a company to destroy hard drives. If you consider that "well handled," I would hate to see what you consider a bad job.
    I don't think Clinton handled any negotiations with China- via e-mail or elsewhere. She was a do nothing Sec of State, just as she has been a do nothing politician her whole career. Decades in office, basically no accomplishments (legislation, etc) to show for it, just a ton of scandals and a record of voting "present." I know! Let's make her President..... yeah! That will work out well.......

Deleted
    Erdogan won't have any respect for either of them, no matter whether Hillary or Trump wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You want a smart guy like that for president or someone that can't manage an E-mail account?
    neither sounds better. Kasich would've been the only reasonable candidate put forth by both parties tbh, but the people are too stupid to realize this.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    neither sounds better. Kasich would've been the only reasonable candidate put forth by both parties tbh, but the people are too stupid to realize this.
    No, Sanders is the only reasonable.

And yet when Hillary gets backed by another sleezeball corporation with vested interests, her apologists just shrug and goes "That's politics!"

The double standard is amazing.

Why? Dude was really socially conservative. He basically got a pass because of how shitty the crop was this year.

every major politican does those speeches even trump himself as well as Bush, Palin, Rice ect all 100k + a speech. Its not a special proficiency its bold face lying, super pacs and party admin on both sides do the same thing, the difference they don't claim they are self funded every other moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Kasich isn't bad sh1t crazy, doesn't make him reasonable or moderate

15+ Year Old Account
    So hes basically doing what the governments been doing for decades ...

Oh I forgot, I see this is a Trumpsmearcampaign ...

got me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on whether you prefer a candidate paid by the banks like Clinton, or one owned by the banks like Trump, I guess.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

People weren't switching over to vote for Kasich, no one was voting for Kasich.

I care not for Trump or even voting in the next election, but the first three posts in this thread are just straight whining over trivial shit. And then some wonder why people like me are apathetic to the electoral process.

I mean seriously, this may as well be "Your candidate wears a tie, which means he's of inferior character. That's why you should vote for my guy."

It's said that people tend to surround themselves in a bubble of like minded people, politically and otherwise. This forum definitely counts.
    Last edited by ArmoredDragoon; 2016-05-07 at 04:30 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    As a few have already stated he is no longer self funding his campaign. The republican primary though, he self funded and received donations, even I donated 100$ to his campaign. National election is a different ball game though. If I remember correctly almost a billion dollars or over a billion dollars was spent each by both parties in 2012. Given that the democratic party has a considerable lead in delegates in the upcoming election, a lot of money is going to get spent. It would be foolish for Trump to throw his wealth out at first.

Yes, your assumption is correct, he can make money off of his campaign. It's a smart financial move. Trump had a rocky road towards the nomination but he spent just over 50 million to secure the nomination, which yes he can recover. Compare this to Cruz who spent 142 million of others peoples money and lost. Hillary has spent 257 million dollars so far and though she's likely to win the democratic ticket she is going to face a financial juggernaut in the upcoming election. Trump is going to have republican money plus his own wealth in reserve.