Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    I love Therazane, but doing quests for her is so boring because I know that I'll get nothing in return,
    You really need to figure out whether you're playing the game because you enjoy the game, or because you want a second job.

Rewards are an excuse. They're how you rationalize to yourself that you "need" to do something, which you really simply want to do for its own sake.

If you like an activity, any reward, even a "crappy" one, should be a good enough excuse. But if you don't like an activity, then there should not be strong rewards that "force" you to do it.

Unless you like being forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Even non-raiders bitched about recipes etc being gated behind dailies was stupid, stop trying to bullshit people to forward your agenda.
    The recipes that were no better than easily obtained raiding gear from the current tier? As well as the valor points of the same value? No, I honestly didn't see people complaining about that other than raiders, and if there were some they must've been an extremely slim amount of people.

What I did see people complaining about often - with good merit - was how the daily system was gated behind other dailies, and the immense amount of them causing rapid burnout as people strived to do everything at all at once. Which, don't get me wrong, was absolutely Blizzard's fault because they likely should've simply added half of the reputations in a mini-patch that segmented the MSV ilvl reward reps from the HoF/ToES ilvl reward reps and put them all on one or two vendors. This was more of a minor gripe though and the vast majority of players I saw complaining about the reputation gear and daily gating were due to the idea of feeling "forced" to do it to compete with others who were willing and had the time to do so.

S no, I'm not trying to bullshit people to forward my "agenda" of trying to point out a serious issue with the hardcore playerbase that Blizzard has been excessively bending the game over backwards to entertain.
    If you need proof that what I'm saying, you need only look to the current live state of the game where tier bonuses and raiding trinkets are absolutely asinine in power, things like Valor Points unceremoniously removed with no real replacement, reputations considered an afterthought and non-raiding gearing methods as varied as....well, Mythic Dungeons and Tanaan. The game is currently designed around the backlash Blizzard received after MoP actually making an attempt to keep the rest of the game relevant and not tied to raiding.
    If you haven't noticed Blizzard's tendency to pendulum swing in their design philosophy by now then you'd have to be pretty slow. I could go through every time Blizzard has done similarly in virtually all of their games released in the past several years but I'm just going to assume you have eyes and can recognize basic patterns.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-05-06 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Youre right, forgot that the Mammoth Mount was from Dalaran, but I'm pretty sure it was a reward for revered status with the Kirin Tor when WotLK was still current, I remember now that I waited for exalted to make it cheaper because getting like 16k at the time was the first time I grinded that much gold. Maybe they removed the restriction?
    You may be thinking of the one(s) from Sons of Hodir. I don't remember if they are rep-locked, though. I believe they were, requiring honored at least.

The Grand Expedition Yak had no rep requirement. KT rep may have made it cheaper though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Clearly not. Raiders maintain a monopoly on the most powerful rewards in the game. Equal my asshole.
    You want 730 gear for doing your scenarios?

Yep. It's why we can't have nice things and it's why the singular complaint about wod (next to flying) has been theirs nothing to do. Sure wod is lacking in content, they should add more but what exists is barely being utilized because what's the fucking point. All the power has been put into raids so fuck everything else.
    Making reputations something you feel pressured into doing though for the sake of "more stuff" isn't a good move in my opinion.
    That is a lot of what people have hated garrisons for, their involvement in a lot of other content.
    And that is what gear stepping stones behind reputations is doing, making those reputations be an important part of that other content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    The recipes that were no better than easily obtained raiding gear from the current tier? As well as the valor points of the same value? No, I honestly didn't see people complaining about that other than raiders, and if there were some they must've been an extremely slim amount of people.
    Either you are blind, ignorant, or lying.............non-raiders were pissed off because all their gold making shit was behind dailies (enchants anyone?), so either remember correctly or if you do stop lying your ass off to suit your agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Yes he does, and crafting, he has said so himself.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Son's of Hodir, Mammoth Mount. And whoever sells you the Yak mount.

Both are essential tools for farming materials and gold. Only obtainable through reputation, Engineering has its equivalents but has long CD's for their use, whereas the Mounts always have their NPC's right and when you need them.
    Sons of Hodir rep reward shoulder enchants aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Making reputations something you feel pressured into doing though for the sake of "more stuff" isn't a good move in my opinion.
    That is a lot of what people have hated garrisons for, their involvement in a lot of other content.
    And that is what gear stepping stones behind reputations is doing, making those reputations be an important part of that other content.
    No no no YOU FEEL PRESSURED. It's not universal. For people who took their time doing it that content was just made all the more rewarding. For that tiny minority who felt like they just had to do everything to mix max yea they felt pressured but catering to them has been the worst thing they have ever done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Better than that. I want tier and trinkets . I want to work towards acquiring extremely powerful gear in a non raid context at a fairly good pace. I never want to feel PRESSURED to raid or feel that if I don't raid I'm missing out.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Clearly not. Raiders maintain a monopoly on the most powerful rewards in the game. Equal my asshole.
    Hardest content, best rewards always hello kitty adventure or farmville if it isn't your thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Better than that. I want tier and trinkets . I want to work towards acquiring extremely powerful gear in a non raid context at a fairly good pace. I never want to feel PRESSURED to raid or feel that if I don't raid I'm missing out.
    This simply can't exist in a game like wow... The development time needed to make content as hard as mythic would be extreme. In five mans it would require massive class stacking and cd abuse. For solo play you would need a green fire quest for every class.

What you want just can't exist in wows frame work. Why not aspire to a reachable goal? Like full bis non-raid gear like people did in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    so why not mention cataclysm then?
    Because Cata changed it a good deal.

Stop projecting so hard.

Why do you want raid gear so badly if you don't intend on raiding?

Raiding has always been the major endgame focus of WoW, ever since day 1. Not sure why people are, all of a sudden, crying and whining that they're "forced" or "pressured" to do it.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-05-07 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Reps had power Items - People complain
    Reps don't have power Items - People complain
    Just this. when we hear you it sounds like you want a vendor with all the database for 1 copper right after your ding 100

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    I have never in my entire life felt that any of the reputation rewards ANY faction in the entire game offers you is worth the Grind at all, they are simply, all crap!

What is the point of Grinding Therazane for example? Yeah, I get the expansion is old, but she doesen't sell recepies or anything, she sell a tabard and some outdated enchanments. Not recepies, direct one use enchantments that aren't useful for anything. They may have been Useful back in cata, but even then, you could get MUCH better Enchants.

Another example is the Golden lotus. Two weeks doing constant dailies for Crap rewards. They literally sell patterns that are worse than LFR gear. What the hell is even the point?

Don't even get me started on the Garbage rep rewards for WoD either. Some stupid potions you can only use in zones you're never in, and some stupid mounts and pets

"But Bamyouhaveaids, some people farm Reputation rewards for mounts and pets." Grinding for some stupid mounts and pets that I have enough of from before, doesen't really make it justified to make all these cool factions if their rewards are shit! I love Therazane, but doing quests for her is so boring because I know that I'll get nothing in return, even in Cataclysm, you really got nothing in return aside from a couple of mounts.

Can blizzard please make it so Reputation rewards doesent suck? What about making Rep rewards an alternate way for filthy casuals like me to gain good gear without commiting to a Raid? They take weeks upon weeks of Daily quests to complete, and we get nothing back for it. Giving use some useful things like POWERFUL Consumables, Armor and some Cool Mounts and transmogs.
    well some of the reps do give mounts and armor. especially the current set. but you know what, you don't need to grind reps that you don't want to.

Exclusive powerful rewards make content mandatory. And nobody likes to be forced to do mandatory grind. If you like this content - do it. But if this content should grant some mandatory rewards - there always should be alternative ways to obtain them.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Tier and trinkets
    Hilariously enough, I agree. They are too core to actually PLAYING the game and important for optimal DPS/healing.

Then there's certain specs that get their ENTIRE rotation and play style from class trinket + 2/4 piece like Shadow priest. It's just stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I disagree, plenty of reputations felt pretty damned rewarding. Both when I did them whilst current, and several of the old ones.
    Whelp, this post literally confirms you're either not playing the game at all, or playing an entirely different version of WOW in an alternate universe from everyone else.

Any person could go look at WOD rep vendors right now and say you're flag out wrong.

Deleted
    No no no YOU FEEL PRESSURED. It's not universal. For people who took their time doing it that content was just made all the more rewarding. For that tiny minority who felt like they just had to do everything to mix max yea they felt pressured but catering to them has been the worst thing they have ever done.

- - - Updated - - -

You are playing the wrong game then. If you truly want the best gear available for o effort you should go looking for kids games. I'm not even sure they mak kid RPGs with gear and such

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Well I for one am glad I'm not forced to grind reps just to be raid viable,I can just tackle them in my own sweet time in order to unlock flight and not feel compelled to rush through them.
    Yep, this mentality is what caused WOD to be a thing.

"I don't want to farm mats"
    "I don't want to farm gear"
    "I don't want to farm reps"
    "I just want to go raid"
    "I have nothing to do but raid!

Sure is great design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Exclusive powerful rewards make content mandatory. And nobody likes to be forced to do mandatory grind. If you like this content - do it. But if this content should grant some mandatory rewards - there always should be alternative ways to obtain them.
    This is wrong. End game raiding has always had the best gear in wow and a small part of the population finishes it. It's the same with he and normal raiding. Anyone can do normal raiding to get better gear. It's not hard. But many don't. So apparently it's not mandatory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Yep, this mentality is what caused WOD to be a thing.

"I don't want to farm mats"
    "I don't want to farm gear"
    "I don't want to farm reps"
    "I just want to go raid"
    "I have nothing to do but raid!

Sure is great design.
    Do you even realise raiders didn't like this expansion aswell and that raiders have been the people farming stuff for years?

Deleted
    Faction rewards have actually always been pretty good, it stopped with WoD though. Shitfest of low effort reskinned mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Hardest content, best rewards always hello kitty adventure or farmville if it isn't your thing.
    Normal HFC is easier than mythic dungeons. It gives sets and trinkets which are VASTLY superior in terms of upgrades from anything you'll ever obtain in mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why do you want raid gear so badly if you don't intend on raiding?

Raiding has always been the major endgame focus of WoW, ever since day 1. Not sure why people are, all of a sudden, crying and whining that they're "forced" or "pressured" to do it.
    Tier sets and trinkets should not be considered raid gear when they are core components to actually playing a class. Shadow priest for example(as I mentioned earlier) gains 2 entirely new spells in it's rotation and actually becomes a playable class after obtaining it's 2 piece and class trinket. Before that it's a 2 button braindead boring spec with no thought behind it.

These are things that should NOT be gated behind raids only.

There's also ZERO, yes, literally ZERO character progression outside of raiding after you're obtained your ilvl 700 honor pvp gear, which takes less than 5 hours to obtain. That isn't good.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-05-07 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Normal HFC is easier than mythic dungeons. It gives sets and trinkets which are VASTLY superior in terms of upgrades from anything you'll ever obtain in mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Tier sets and trinkets should not be considered raid gear when they are core components to actually playing a class. Shadow priest for example(as I mentioned earlier) gains 2 entirely new spells in it's rotation and actually becomes a playable class after obtaining it's 2 piece and class trinket. Before that it's a 2 button braindead boring spec with no thought behind it.

These are things that should NOT be gated behind raids only.
    These things shouldn't exist period. Over inflated gear has been a thing from mists and it should of been axed then. There isn't a reason to make off pieces in current wow with how powerful your tier is. You will just use normal or heroic till you get the mythic drop.

Tier should be only just slightly above a non tier set up and worse in some cases. Trinkets should be scaled back something like reign of the unliving should really be the hard cap for how powerful they should be.