Poll: Casualization biggest problem for wow?

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Like others said, Depends on what u consider casualization some stuff was ok but they went way too far with how to game is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    It's the opposite. Look at good WoW players. Look at... for example Kuznam. Know why he is considered good? Not because he plays the game good. Not because he almost never fails on mechanics. Not because he levels quick, not because he finishes mythic dungeons easily. No. All that is what you should call trivial and matters not when you analyze success if we speak of Kuznam. He is good because he has an incredible insight and organization ability making him the toughest foe for people who design the game to make it as competitive and challenging as possible.

You want to challenge casuals not hardcore gamers. You want content for people who will never even be close to Kuznam. You want to make trivial content challenging for people who are casuals and cannot go further than a certain point. Raiding isn't the royal discipline because "more people = fun". It is because solo and low-number content has become too easy to make the game resolve on it - there is no hard solo or low-number group content when you compare the possible range of challenge to 20m group-content.
    What are you even talking about here.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Stayed relevant? By dropping subs into the ground?
    In what separate reality do you lfr hero pokemon farmers live that 2 mil subs > 12 mil , or that its great to have 2mil subs remaining from that pool of 100 mil people that tried the game. At what point could you admit that your utter shit design direction is a total cancer on the larger scale apart from your farmville wanking bubble ?
    Multiple people tried to stick to your ideal, which never actually existed in reality, and they bombed. Hard. So hard that 2million users in their 1st year would have them creaming their pants let alone after being live for 10 years.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I'd say false but the problems that WoW has simply can't be put into a true/false statement. I think casualization is a big issue but the biggest problem to me is that there's simply nothing new or interesting to do and the game dev's have gotten lazy. This doesn't really encompass the huge issues that the game is having from server issues, being a pay2play game, the increased cost, general change in the market, saturation of the market, the game being really old, budget issues, developer talent issues, idea issues, flying, and probably more. The 'biggest' issue is that the customers simply aren't satisfied and any real effort to try to get Blizzard to listen seems to fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Stayed relevant? By dropping subs into the ground?
    In what separate reality do you lfr hero pokemon farmers live that 2 mil subs > 12 mil , or that its great to have 2mil subs remaining from that pool of 100 mil people that tried the game. At what point could you admit that your utter shit design direction is a total cancer on the larger scale apart from your farmville wanking bubble ?
    What reality? The one where Blizzard is still holding the number one spot as the #1 MMO with sub count. Look at ANY MMO, subs are not high across the board. The decline of the game is in line with the ultimate decline of the GENRE itself. Has WoW peaked? I believe so.

You assume 2million, but you can't be 100% on that number. It could be, it could be a lower/higher. Lower than 12? Absolutely, but if you don't think Legion is going to bolster their numbers (like they do with EVERY expansion release) then you're just ignoring facts to justify your side of the argument.

Whether those subs stay long term or not, we'll never know since they stopped releasing the numbers, but if you think LFR and pet battles are the cause of the sub drop, perhaps you should reflect on which reality you subscribe to.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-05-07 at 12:04 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Tianae View Post
    False. I think the biggest reason why WoW is losing players is because the game is old, so it doesn't attract people in the same way as it used to. Of course there are many different reasons for different players so it's hard to pick only one thing.
    One reason it doesn't attract new players is that it has lots of ex-players. These former players will tend to generate negative word of mouth.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Whiny, self-entitled players are worse that all the other problems combined.

Deleted
    I'll say false because it is what you make of it.

People taking a casual game far to serious is the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    False. They adapted to their audience and stayed relevant. People just aren't playing MMOs like they used to. Casualization had to happen.
    Adapt? Vanilla was casual mode for the new mmo crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    People taking a casual game far to serious is the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Adapt? Vanilla was casual mode for the new mmo crowd.
    I'm referring to WoW's later life additions LFR/LFD etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm referring to WoW's later life additions LFR/LFD etc.
    But WoW is actually harder now, than it was in vanilla, but overall it has always been casual.

All Blizzard did was take all the time consuming shit no one enjoyed and sped it up. Casual as in it doesn't take all day to get 1 level, or casual because it didn't take 10 hours of farming herbs for a raid? The majority of people have always sucked in both raiding and dungeons, LFD and LFR didn't change anything. You can get groups faster now, and you see how bad people always were more often.

Back in the day if you didn't have a group to run with, you probably didn't bother, because it would look just like LFR or LFD of today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casualization (is that even a word) is actually the opposite of a problem in WoW.. It's the cure...

The main problem is the opposing extremes; Elitists and superbads.
    These two VERY SMALL groups complain to Blizzard that the game is too easy/hard and the devs tries to cater to both groups at the same time.

If only they catered to the massive casual group (95+% or so), the game would have been in a much better state today..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

False.

The biggest problem was focusing solely on the hardcore raiders and expecting everyone that played for other reasons (the outdoor world, professions, the AH, etc) to just go along with it.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    All Blizzard did was take all the time consuming shit no one enjoyed and sped it up
    Yep, agreed.

I voted True but only because WoW has over done it as usual. Some Casualization is fine but I feel they have over done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I voted True but only because WoW has over done it as usual. Some Casualization is fine but I feel they have over done it.
    Could you expand on that, what have they done to make it "super casual"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How would adding an artificial gateway to content improve the game? Blizzard removed attunements in WotLK and that expansion continued on to be its most successful. There were people who quit the game because they couldn't complete Silver Proving Grounds to unlock Heroic dungeon queues. Can you imagine the level of backlash Blizzard would receive if you forced players to complete entire tiers worth of content just to unlock the LFR?
    Imagine the backlash if the Final Fantasy VII remake didn't let you fight Safer Sephiroth the minute you left Midgar. Logic isn't sound, my friend. Anyway, my reasoning is if you make players work together to GET to content, they make their own content, on top of slowing the rate at which players burn through it.

Quote Originally Posted by karatakor View Post
    110% true, Thx to stupid garrison, zones dedicated to alts, insane loot rewards, insane dps, 4 difficulties raids, legendary for everyone...

Hopefully what's happening with Nostalrius will make changes for the better.
    I sometime wonder if people actually played other MMO which are more grindy and more difficult. It makes me wonder why these MMO has not set the world on fire and over taken WoW as the number one MMO.

Casualization was the hallmark of Vanilla WoW. Compared to every other game on the market, WoW was the most casual MMO. TBC made the game even more casual, and so did WotLK. Saying Casualization is the biggest problem in wow, is like saying airplanes is the death of transportation.

The problem is the lack of repeatable meaningful endgame content.

If it was True Blizzard and their share holders would of changed the model by now. The Market has spoken, the circle jerk about why WoW being accessible to the majority is actually bad for the game is wrong.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.