Thread: [Music] Metal

Blackened death metal solo project HAIDUK

ww.haiduk.ca

ww.youtube.com/HAIDUKplague

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    [The Gerogerigege]

Jesus effing Christ, there goes my face. Noise/ambient/whatever the fuck this is. It's AWESOME, that's what it is.
    Fixed that for you.

--

Have a listen to something fun:

10+ Year Old Account
    FFO Ulcerate / Gorguts

And the band reminds me of something else, but can't quite figure out what at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of which:

Deleted

Gonna be one of the best melodic death metal albums of this year by far! The entire album is just one massive ride of epicness!

Can't wait for my album/bundle to appear. Great addition to my growing collection!

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who was kinda disappointed with the Gorguts EP? It had some really sick parts, but it felt like it hasn't much of the Gorguts sound left, as if it is trying to copy Meshuggah, Ulcerate and Deathspell Omega too much. Its like it forgets to add its own identity into it.

New Vektor however, just wow. It's probably too early to tell yet, but that album is definitely going places. The 5 year wait was warranted and completely worth it.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2016-05-05 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the new Gorguts EP. But I am glad it is an EP. It's too much of a follow up to their last CD for me to want it to be more than an EP.

And the new Vektor has amazing songs. I am just very concerned about the production. Obviously, Youtube isn't the best source for trying to judge that, so I'm not sure just yet. But from what I can hear currently, I'm worried it sounds too clean. Too neat.

Just got back home after seeing Exmortus, Entombed A.D. and AMON AMARTH.

Terrifically fun show!!!

I got that new Vektor record today. It's damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post

Gonna be one of the best melodic death metal albums of this year by far! The entire album is just one massive ride of epicness!
    Can't wait for my album/bundle to appear. Great addition to my growing collection!
    Ooh. Yes please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Ooh. Yes please.
    I just can't get over the part at 2:30. That's sheer epicness. Everything in this album is perfect. Doesn't happen very often when I put an entire album on repeat again and again and again.

Also like this album a lot:

Just got tickets for for a show featuring Rotting Christ, Necronomicon, Carach Angren and Marduk.

Pretty excited for RC- I'm an old school fan of their work.

Might be seeing Belphegor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I just can't get over the part at 2:30. That's sheer epicness. Everything in this album is perfect. Doesn't happen very often when I put an entire album on repeat again and again and again.
    Yeah, my preferences vary from time to time depending on the mood I'm in, but melodic death is something I like pretty consistently. That was the first I've heard of Dark Oath. Been listening to a good bit of it over the last few days now. I really love the vocals there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I got that new Vektor record today. It's damn good.
    People are calling it at least the best thrash album since Rust in Peace, others are calling it the best metal album period. I'll give it a listen today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Yeah, my preferences vary from time to time depending on the mood I'm in, but melodic death is something I like pretty consistently. That was the first I've heard of Dark Oath. Been listening to a good bit of it over the last few days now. I really love the vocals there too.
    Same for me. First time I listened to them. I must've had that album on repeeat for the last 2 weeks or so Also received my Dark Oath shirt/CD bundle today. Good times. I'll send you a PM with a good source of MDM, you may appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    People are calling it at least the best thrash album since Rust in Peace, others are calling it the best metal album period. I'll give it a listen today.
    i found it to be a fairly challenging listen. The riffing is pure thrash, but the compositions and tempo changes are very sophisticated and progressive.

Deleted
    Another new letlive. song from the upcoming album being streamed.

It's going to take something incredible for it not to be my album of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot about these guys:

Hm, finished new Vektor. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't live remotely up to the hype-pedestal people put it on. It was extremely good, but not RIP tier like everyone says it is.
    Now on to new Mistur and Death Grips

10+ Year Old Account
    I came buckets during the entire Vektor record. Probably surpassed all of Moonsorrow, Bowie and Radiohead as far as AOTYSF is concerned. Swans might have something to say about that though.

My goal today is to get all the way through this. 15m in so far