Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    sadly they only go to your skill level
    I am totally in for this in leveling dungeons, it would mean instaqueues, and it would mean NO questing at all for leveling.
    Even better put a random component on it for the classes than can do more than one rol, so if i enter with my druids, i can be assigned DPS, healer or tank, it would add more variety to the dungeoning, and it would take me out of my comfort zone (DPS), it will make some of that content quite challenging, as i have never tanked or healed in this game.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-05-06 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience with group finder is that people using it know how to speak up and communicate. My friends list expanded with lots of "off-realm" people that I met using group finder during WoD.

I guess it depends on which kind of challenges you're using the tool for? I mainly used it to pug mythic dungeons, and usually not with any ridiculous ilvl req. (I can imagine a full 720+ group doesn't really need to talk and thus may end up not doing it.)

I just look at Group Finder as a much improved version of trade chat -- far less spam, cross realm and still about connecting with players to find groups. One of the best things to come out of WoD (though I get that it formerly existed already in MoP as Ooqueue basically). That said I do think the UI is kind of limited, but I'd imagine they'd take feedback on how to improve it

If we want to talk about a UI/system to remove completely though, I'd go with that old Guild Finder thing

No group finder should not be removed. It is the heart of many players who dont get along in guilds.

Cross realms have got to go! Server community is the only reason to play an MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Cross realms have got to go! Server community is the only reason to play an MMO.
    If you want server community make one. Not all servers had a server community before xrealm. Those that had prolly had people who activly cultivated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    If you want server community make one. Not all servers had a server community before xrealm. Those that had prolly had people who activly cultivated it.
    Bad logic. Cross-realm functionality is far too integrated into every aspect of the game to use the trite "if you don't like it, don't use it" argument. It touches everything and, more importantly, other players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Bad logic. Cross-realm functionality is far too integrated into every aspect of the game to use the trite "if you don't like it, don't use it" argument. It touches everything and, more importantly, other players.
    And where did I say anything about not using xrealm? I told you to create a community if you need one. Since not all server had any decent server community I would assume they didn't just spring into existance on its own. Someone had to take action to keep them good on those servers that had them. Most people are quite fine with a guild and don't really nor ever did need a server community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. Remove the group finder. It'll be a much better game for OP and the 100 or so people left playing after the change.

On a serious note, guilds lost their importance when guild rewards were introduced, making a guild nothing more than an empty tag behind mass rez. It had nothing to do with LFG queue.
    Last edited by Televators; 2016-05-06 at 09:01 PM.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Now, why remove something that useful to the rest of the players cause a minority feels that it ruins their experience when in fact it doesn't?
    I am guessing people have a perception of how the game should be played and if anyone DARES to play it differently, it amount to heresy. Their ways is the right way and only way.

The problem has already been fixed with Normal Raids and onwards, as well as Mythic+ dungeons.
    Now the things that use the LFR/LFD system are wholly irrelevant to anyone playing the game for real.

A great compromise if you ask me, although I wouldn't mind seeing LFR/LFD Heroic dungeons outright removed. The only content that needs matchmaking is content done under max level, so you can find groups while out in the world and get stuff done without it being horribly inefficient.
    Once you are max, thats when this type of thing begins, and it will again with the new system.

I'm sure casuals will still manage to find a way to be confused on this topic though midway through this expansion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You can't make one.
    They added too many tools to make it not exist no matter what.
    You're obviously new to the game and haven't been playing since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The problem has already been fixed with Normal Raids and onwards, as well as Mythic+ dungeons.
    Now the things that use the LFR/LFD system are wholly irrelevant to anyone playing the game for real.
    Yeah it's nice they're phasing out the content and putting it in the gutter, where it belongs. It's trash and shouldn't give meaningful rewards.

No.

LFD/LFR (and to a much lesser extent, the LFG tool) make grouping much more inclusive.

You want to spam and try to make a group yourself, be my guest. Nothing is stopping you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    You can't make one.
    They added too many tools to make it not exist no matter what.
    You're obviously new to the game and haven't been playing since Vanilla.
    I've been playing since Vanilla almost non stop. And what Vanilla and TBC has tought me is that you don't have anything to do with people outside your guild. Wrath is what made me start pugging.

So if this mistical server community actually has existed in Vanilla it must have been activly maintained by some people on some servers. My server didn't have any community of this sort. People were crap and didn't care long before LFD.

I've been playing since Vanilla almost non stop. And what Vanilla and TBC has tought me is that you don't have anything to do with people outside your guild. Wrath is what made me start pugging.

So if this mistical server community actually has existed in Vanilla it must have been activly maintained by some people on some servers. My server didn't have any community of this sort. People were crap and didn't care long before LFD.
    This is so true and to the point.

Played for 10 years, and this mirrors my experience in Vanilla/TBC exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    1. Stop trying to force people to talk to each other. This isn't some kind of fucked up kindergarten for grownups. If people want to talk they will do that, if not they won't. They don't need you to come in and force them.

2. Guilds did not lose their importance. People who want to do stuff in guilds can do it more often now. The difference is people have access to content even if they don't have a full group.

3. You honestly think you can force people to act "non-toxic" cause you'll tell on them on the trade chat? Don't be a dumbass.
    Did you ever even play in vanilla or TBC? You're wrong on all accounts.

1. If you don't want to talk to other people, don't play a fucking MMO-RPG. It's that simple. You're telling me that DESPITE the fact that it was almost mandatory to constantly talk to and group with people to get things done, the population grew to 13 million people? Incredible.

2. Guilds did lose their importance. When cross-realm is a thing, guilds are much less important. Granted, flex raids have allowed smaller groups to play together, but that doesn't mean much when anyone can PUG at any time of day without a guild tag. Questing is no longer difficult so having a guild to help out is no longer important. Dungeons can be pugged at any time of the day so guilds are no longer necessary. There's no end-game world content that's difficult, and again, you can just use group finder if need be.

3. Yeah, when servers actually have a community, server forums matter, and blacklists are created. People come to know who not to group with through the forums, chats, word of mouth... it's just ignorant/uneducated to believe cross-realm didn't cause toxicity to drastically increase.

Might want to get a clue before you act like a jackass. Talk about toxicity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    Did you ever even play in vanilla or TBC? You're wrong on all accounts.
    Did you ever consider that people had different experience of Vanilla/TBC period?

1. If you don't want to talk to other people, don't play a fucking MMO-RPG. It's that simple. You're telling me that DESPITE the fact that it was almost mandatory to constantly talk to and group with people to get things done, the population grew to 13 million people? Incredible.
    Talking to every given player isn't the point of MMOs. Yes, MMOs are the mostly appealing for the social experience but pugging is hardly the social experience people are looking for. Pugging is just means to the end.

2. Guilds did lose their importance. When cross-realm is a thing, guilds are much less important. Granted, flex raids have allowed smaller groups to play together, but that doesn't mean much when anyone can PUG at any time of day without a guild tag. Questing is no longer difficult so having a guild to help out is no longer important. Dungeons can be pugged at any time of the day so guilds are no longer necessary. There's no end-game world content that's difficult, and again, you can just use group finder if need be.
    If you want to do anything meaningfull in the game you need a guild as much as before. And you really needed a guild for questing in TBC? Give me a break. You could totally level in Vanilla and TBC w/o a guild. No end game content that is difficult? I would like to see all those Mythic raid pugs when stuff is relevant. I know there are Mythic pugs nowadays but guess what - they are organized by guilds gearing up their alts.

3. Yeah, when servers actually have a community, server forums matter, and blacklists are created. People come to know who not to group with through the forums, chats, word of mouth... it's just ignorant/uneducated to believe cross-realm didn't cause toxicity to drastically increase.
    My Vanilla/TBC server was toxic as hell. There was no blacklisting. Noone cared about pugs. There was no pug raiding. People sticked to their guilds and didn't want to have anything to do with people outside of their guild. I believe some servers did have something like this but it had to be activly maintained by some people in order to do this kind of policing. Random, big groups of people don't act this way without anyone taking any initiative.

Stop thinking your experience was the only one. The game is for everyone - not just special snowflakes. The old WoW made gaming experience quite miserable on enough servers that it required a change. And people who took care of server communities most likely quit at some point for real life reasons and left all of you "server community" people with the rest of internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    Don't worry, nobody wants to force you into being sociable. What we want is to attract back all those sociable players that left and rebuild the communities that are gone. You can continue playing alone and being anti-social all you want.
    Been so long now that I doubt you'll see this but just in case.

I have no problem with being anti-social when I want to be and would be happy doing it without demanding changes to the game that alter other players experiences.

However, this thread is about taking something away that is already in the game that supports my playstyle in the belief that it will force people to be more sociable.

If the OP gets what they want then I will find it harder to;
    Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    .... continue playing alone and being anti-social all you want.

LFG is/was bad for the game but it'd put too many bads in shock if they removed it now.

Did you ever consider that people had different experience of Vanilla/TBC period?

If you want to do anything meaningfull in the game you need a guild as much as before. And you really needed a guild for questing in TBC? Give me a break. You could totally level in Vanilla and TBC w/o a guild. No end game content that is difficult? I would like to see all those Mythic raid pugs when stuff is relevant. I know there are Mythic pugs nowadays but guess what - they are organized by guilds gearing up their alts.

Stop thinking your experience was the only one. The game is for everyone - not just special snowflakes. The old WoW made gaming experience quite miserable on enough servers that it required a change. And people who took care of server communities most likely quit at some point for real life reasons and left all of you "server community" people with the rest of internet.
    first of all: a lot of people consider guilds just something social and some people to do some occasional fun groups with and that is fine. these miserable people you are talking about in vanilla and TBC may have had to deal with some major annoyances of that time but when you look at the sub numbers it seems they were the lesser of the evils. the reality is that there is no reason to build a positive reputation on a server now because of LFR/LFG/CRZ and WoW is not a good enough single player game to keep people interested. Legion looks like a very good paint job on the same car that is no fun to drive and has bad seating for friends.