Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Ye this one has got me stumped as they can't look demonic as demons represent chaos we cant make them undead themed as that represent death. So to make something that is the other side of light would be pure dark whats not that interesting looking at a black screen.

But from the light demon we see in legion it makes me think that light and shadow doesnt actually have a form of its own but rather alters others depending on there original alignment as we can see example from death wing to the old gods and the chained elements plus the emerald nightmare as there all infused with void lord powers but have unique looks. This could be a good thing going forward as it means that they can make many different void lord representing bad guys but with unique themes. But one thing is for sure is they all share tentacles!!!! in common

On the chronicle cosmology chart, The great Void Lords are purple jelly like other Voidwalkers(or Voidcaller).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    I want to see a massive rift in the center of a black hole, with hints of something indescribably immense staring or reaching out from the other side. I want the brief glimpses of their form to suggest bizarre shapes that can only loosely be compared to various animals with which we're more familiar. On top of that, they should all be very different in form.

I want to see a crooked "serpent" with no eyes and a black "goat" with seven. I want them to be watching us ominously from the beyond, as they use their incredible power to reshape or create things that they hurtle through to our reality.
    dude, a crooked serpent with no eyes? thats a Pe! Embrace tha innffferrraactttioon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    We should never see them.
    I agree. As I understand, they are basically the most powerful beings in the universe. They should be beyond our perception.

I think the Aliens Engineers from Pacific are prefect models. Intelligent, Efficient, Calculating, Masters of crafting horrific monstrosities, yet elegant in their own design. They let their horrors do their work for them, each designed to adapt/corrupt to any obstacle, environment or foe it may in the unpredictable great dark beyond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    We should see only a tiny aspect of one Void Lord as a dark, four-dimensional shape. For example, here's a 4D cube:

It should be massive, and as it moves and shifts, the angles and shape of it seem to alter and change in ways that break the rules of three-dimensional reality. Would be weird to look at, rather disorienting, and ultimately represent the unfathomable nature of them.
    Heh. Been on my mind to post something that has to do with extra dimension as well so here goes:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I think the Aliens Engineers from Pacific are prefect models. Intelligent, Efficient, Calculating, Masters of crafting horrific monstrosities, yet elegant in their own design. They let their horrors do their work for them, each designed to adapt/corrupt to any obstacle, environment or foe it may in the unpredictable great dark beyond.
    I actually think it would be interesting if the Void Lords aren't really all that powerful when compared with some other forces, but they are a corrupting and manipulative force. They tried to take over living Titans but their power was too limited, so they have to target weaker Titans who are still in nascency and use them as tools. The idea of them crafting Old Gods for this purpose who are conceivably more powerful than their makers is attractive, especially for Old God fans who don't appreciate them becoming second bananas to new characters.

I don't think Blizzard is going that route unfortunately, but it's still a neat idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    We should see only a tiny aspect of one Void Lord as a dark, four-dimensional shape. For example, here's a 4D cube:

It should be massive, and as it moves and shifts, the angles and shape of it seem to alter and change in ways that break the rules of three-dimensional reality. Would be weird to look at, rather disorienting, and ultimately represent the unfathomable nature of them.
    That's not actually a 4D cube though (the term for that is tesseract btw). You aren't seeing all 4 dimensions of it (you can't). You are only seeing the parts of the tesseract that protrude into 3 dimensional space.

Just like Amon.

And when we finally face them, we will find Kerrigan fighting them too. Then Angel Illidan can lead the Army of Light™ and together they will end the Void once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just like Amon.

And when we finally face them, we will find Kerrigan fighting them too. Then Angel Illidan can lead the Army of Light™ and together they will end the Void once and for all.
    Fir the record ending the Void "Once and for all" is a good sentiment but doesn't really mean anything according to how Blizzard Designed the different Magical Pantheons. If you look at the ven-diagram each magical realm has a mostly equal and opposite force that opposes and balances it out. You can't destroy it anyway because its on a cosmic level but here's my take on how that would go south fast and why we need more tangible and humanoid void villains.

In other words if we kill every last Void Lord and Old God two worst case scenarios may happen, strictly hypothetically speaking.

1. We kill every last Void Lord, Old Gods across the universe that have been successful in destroying their infected planet are now masterless and free to Zerg up the Galaxy unrestrained. Like the scourge without the Lich King. We can stop them from entering the world we just can't destroy a force of cosmic nature without the cosmic backlash.

2. We kill every last Void Lord and (Hypothetically speaking) we found out that there are similar Lords of Light that created the Naaru who see the denizens of planets infected by necrotic, fel, or basically every last playable character in WoW must be cleansed from creation and now begin to send Death Naruu to go all Malthiel on the rest of the Universe. Cosmic Backlash.

All we can do in every situation to the Wild Gods(Hakkar), Titans(Ra-Den...kinda), or Burning Legion(Mal'Ganis) is make a raid night of their citadel and call it a victory but they will always come back one way or another. Without punching a humanoid leader out in person though all those raids would have felt meaningless. The Old Gods had no humanoid figurehead and Deathwing's death felt more like a mercy killing in the end. Corrupted Garrosh was closer to an Old God Corrupted amalgamation of evil that had a satisfying defeat. That is what makes a satisfying expansion. The illusion of closure.

imho I would like to beat up a Light Realm boss for a change and no Void-tainted Naruu don't count.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2016-05-09 at 12:20 AM.

Fir the record ending the Void "Once and for all" is a good sentiment but doesn't really mean anything according to how Blizzard Designed the different Magical Pantheons. If you look at the ven-diagram each magical realm has a mostly equal and opposite force that opposes and balances it out. You can't destroy it anyway because its on a cosmic level but here's my take on how that would go south fast and why we need more tangible and humanoid void villains.

In other words if we kill every last Void Lord and Old God two worst case scenarios may happen, strictly hypothetically speaking.

1. We kill every last Void Lord, Old Gods across the universe that have been successful in destroying their infected planet are now masterless and free to Zerg up the Galaxy unrestrained. Like the scourge without the Lich King. We can stop them from entering the world we just can't destroy a force of cosmic nature without the cosmic backlash.

2. We kill every last Void Lord and (Hypothetically speaking) we found out that there are similar Lords of Light that created the Naaru who see the denizens of planets infected by necrotic, fel, or basically every last playable character in WoW must be cleansed from creation and now begin to send Death Naruu to go all Malthiel on the rest of the Universe. Cosmic Backlash.
    3. We "end the Void once and for all". The reality we know completely breaks down, since even the naaru know that the creatures of the Void are necessary to its function. At this point we've basically destroyed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    3. We "end the Void once and for all". The reality we know completely breaks down, since even the naaru know that the creatures of the Void are necessary to its function. At this point we've basically destroyed everything.
    4. "We end the void once and for all" As the fabric of reality shatters apart the one true Void Lord emerges.

Good God no wonder Deathwing impaled himself rather than face this the true end time. God help us all :P

On a serious note after looking up some better Shadow Monster models I would say these ar my favorites:

10+ Year Old Account
    4. "We end the void once and for all" As the fabric of reality shatters apart the one true Void Lord emerges.

Horrifying.

(That series went so completely off the fucking rails...)

I suspect we will never see them. They're a background threat.

If we do I'd hope for something big and intangible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't want to see them, but if we have to: I want 30ish different models that players render based on a hidden buff that is determined either at random or by something like a combination of the number choices in your character's customization varying from the silly (Leeroy/Hogger/Murkeye) to the very deadly (Y'sharaj/Sargeras/etc). I want that buff to also change the attack names and animations that you see coming from said models so that it's much more difficult to coordinate. I want madness.

If they go deep, I'd like to see the model determined by a number of storyline choices made while initially questing in the Void expansion that add up to the game having a good idea of what you fear within the game and presenting the result of those amalgamated choices as the model you see. To work ideally, this would be kept a secret until the actual live release of the boss (PTR testing would exclusively use premades with the world questing that determines the model disabled under the guise of "focused testing"). To introduce variance you could have raid conditions (getting hit by certain abilities for example) also play a part in which model for the Void Lord you specifically perceive each week.

The idea behind all of this being that we cannot comprehend the horror that is the Void Lords, so our minds try to represent them by showing us the thing in this dimension that we fear most, and that would be a wide range of things across even just a single raid group.
    "As long as men with stout hearts are manning the walls and the throne, Stormwind will hold." -Llane Wrynn I

Given that the Warcraft Chronicles book explains that Old Gods are basically extensions of the Void Lords that can manifest in our reality, I want them to look (and talk) like this:

7+ Year Old Account
    Something along these lines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Galactus but Purple and Black
    That is not Galactus, don't you dare

Deleted
    We should never see he void lords since they should be above human comprehension but void corrupted things are definitely possible.