Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Define Cool rewards

They can't be too great either because then people will go after it or the loud hardcore players I mean.
    Transmog Items, Mounts, Pets, Gear of any kind, Materials for Crafting or Selling, Gold. I get completely that some World Quests have these things, specifically the gear, tied to them, and some of the reputations have the others tied to them, but tell me you will repeat a World Quests for the 50th time if you were going to get Class Hall Resources instead of a piece of 750 BoA Gear that you could send to an alt, or a pet you could have a small chance of getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Why don't you want it as a big part of the game?
    Why would I want a UI Element where I click and get rewarded for it not a big part of the game? Because I have been doing that for the last 2 years and I don't like it. Pretty simple.

You're definitely mixing up the Garrison with the Order Hall, and I get the concern, but it's not like that.
    Explain to me how it isn't. I made my decision to preorder based off World Quests, not the Order Hall. I did my research beforehand, and these damn Order Halls look pretty similar to a Shipyard.

World quests being tied to Order Hall resources is fine, it literally has no effect on you because you would be doing them anyway, it just gives the resources on the side.
    They are the only reward you get. Besides maybe a bit of gold. They are the reward, that is unless these videos I have been watching for weeks from Bellular and Asmongold are just not showing the whole story. Before you say something too, Reputation Rewards are not Quest Rewards.

Garrisons 2.0 isn't really a logical argument, I understand it and the fear behind it, but clicking a mission table every 5-10 hours is different from going out in the world, to each different zone, and killing shit/other players.
    You are still clicking that damn table every 5 to 10 hours.

It's fun, especially the PvEvP ones.
    Subjective, as is my dislike for the system.

Explain the similarity between clicking the table and actually going out into the different zones to do things.
    There isn't a similarity. That isn't the complaint. The complaint is that I am being given a shit reward for my effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Transmog Items, Mounts, Pets, Gear of any kind, Materials for Crafting or Selling, Gold. I get completely that some World Quests have these things, specifically the gear, tied to them, and some of the reputations have the others tied to them, but tell me you will repeat a World Quests for the 50th time if you were going to get Class Hall Resources instead of a piece of 750 BoA Gear that you could send to an alt, or a pet you could have a small chance of getting?

Why would I want a UI Element where I click and get rewarded for it not a big part of the game? Because I have been doing that for the last 2 years and I don't like it. Pretty simple.

Explain to me how it isn't. I made my decision to preorder based off World Quests, not the Order Hall. I did my research beforehand, and these damn Order Halls look pretty similar to a Shipyard.

They are the only reward you get. Besides maybe a bit of gold. They are the reward, that is unless these videos I have been watching for weeks from Bellular and Asmongold are just not showing the whole story. Before you say something too, Reputation Rewards are not Quest Rewards.

You are still clicking that damn table every 5 to 10 hours.

Subjective, as is my dislike for the system.

There isn't a similarity. That isn't the complaint. The complaint is that I am being given a shit reward for my effort.
    What? You don't have to click the table at all, only at the beginning while leveling and if that is what you're specifically addressing than sure I agree with you those quests are stupid, but that's the only time you're required to do the table.

The only thing you're doing now (by now I mean max level) is getting quests to go out into the world, as said before each individual zone and doing shit. I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding but the order hall resources aren't the only reward for doing the quests, and they aren't the only incentive either which is why I said order hall or not you'd be doing the same quests. Since when has rep rewards not been quests anyway? Some world quests give gold and resources, others give artifact power and resources, some give rep rewards and resources, etc. Keep in mind I believe (I may be wrong here) but there's only a certain amount of world quests you can do per day, not sure about this though. Different ones appear each day for each zone I know that.

What? You don't have to click the table at all, only at the beginning while leveling and if that is what you're specifically addressing than sure I agree with you those quests are stupid, but that's the only time you're required to do the table. The only thing you're doing now is getting quests to go out into the world, as said before each individual zone and doing shit. I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding but the order hall resources aren't the only reward for doing the quests, and they aren't the only incentive either which is why I said order hall or not you'd be doing the same quests. Since when has rep rewards not been quests anyway? Some world quests give gold and resources, others give artifact power and resources, some give rep rewards and resources, etc.
    Alright rather than clog this thread up with a massive shitpost I am just gonna make this quick. Why exactly am I being handed these resources at endgame if the table is only used while leveling? That makes even less sense than before, and makes the reward even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Alright rather than clog this thread up with a massive shitpost I am just gonna make this quick. Why exactly am I being handed these resources at endgame if the table is only used while leveling? That makes even less sense than before, and makes the reward even worse.
    Thanks, no idea why shitposting is needed, not trying to make you do that. The table isn't what the resources are for, the thing that gives you a perk is what it's used for, and at the end of it you get the 3rd legendary slot. No table required, just stack up resources, spend it on 1 of the 2 perks until you get to the last perk which is 3rd legendary or 3rd relic slot, forget which. I believe it's the legendary though. If your question is why is the table there? Because you can send your reinforcements/followers on missions if you want to, not required. The world quests are, the table isn't so far, no idea if they're planning on integrating the table more though.

Do I agree that the 3rd slot should be tied to order halls? Not really, but that's a different argument. The order hall makes you do the world quests that you'd be doing anyway (whether it's artifact power, rep, gold, etc) for resources which you use to purchase the perks. Also, I have no idea if the world quests have transmog or mounts tied to them, haven't seen any like that yet. Most of the ones I've seen have artifact power/resources, gold/resources, rep/resources and gear/resources.

The order hall resources, ATM, are used for the class hall armor sets+upgrades to them (can be upgraded to 840 I think) and increasing knowledge level.

Purely a guess: I'm thinking the bird raptor mounts are going to be rare drops from those loot boxes from completing 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya just checked, if you're really ambitious about collecting Class Hall resources:

Each piece of armor costs 1k resources. You upgrade them just like WoD crafted gear, 1 step at a time. Level 1 costs 5k, Lvl 2 10k and Lvl 3 15k which is ilvl 840 (normal Emerald Nightmare is 850).

And that's upgrading 1 at a time.

Hard to tell for sure if they are going to make anything else cost resources or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    840 just isn't enough. Should be 860 imo. At least 850. Im guessing 840 will be just above EN lfr. 850 would likely put it at Suramar lfr. I think 855 sounds good actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    840 just isn't enough. Should be 860 imo. At least 850. Im guessing 840 will be just above EN lfr. 850 would likely put it at Suramar lfr. I think 855 sounds good actually.

Yeah, the gear needs a slight ilevel bump. I wonder how high can crafted gear be upgraded to though? Professions could clash with this upgrade system.

If crafted gear has a limit, I don't think it's known yet.

840 is lowish (though any gear early on that is higher than heroic dungeons is great) but it wouldn't shock me if only the highest upgraded level gear is the CM recolor model.

- - - Updated - - -

Without debating if it's going to happen, what would a middle tier of a 3 tier xpac look like? What would we be fighting? Now obviously we haven't fully seen all the stories and aftermath of the Nighthold but I think there are a few possibilities.

By far most likely IMO is Helya+Sylvanas storyline. Particularly Helya. With how that dungeon ends.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Yeah, the gear needs a slight ilevel bump. I wonder how high can crafted gear be upgraded to though? Professions could clash with this upgrade system.
    Right now on Alpha the crafted gear cant be upgraded. Legion does not appear to be using the WoD model for gear crafting. Given the greatly reduced relative power level of Legions crafted gear compared to WoDs crafted gear, there are no equip limits either. Some have postulated that the current gear ilvl values are purely placeholder numbers, but we do not know for certain.

What i can say is that the ilvl 800 gear is almost useless. From just questing to L110 i ended up at ilvl 796. And to make matters worse, armor drops from rares in Suramar are ilvl 810.

---

If anyone is curious, i did a /played after dinging L110 for the first time today and came up with a little over 19 hours. That was my very first L110 on which i spent a lot of time just fucking about or exploring. Once you know what youre doing you can probably hit L110 in 12-13 hours no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Right now on Alpha the crafted gear cant be upgraded. Legion does not appear to be using the WoD model for gear crafting. Given the greatly reduced relative power level of Legions crafted gear compared to WoDs crafted gear, there are no equip limits either. Some have postulated that the current gear ilvl values are purely placeholder numbers, but we do not know for certain.

What i can say is that the ilvl 800 gear is almost useless. From just questing to L110 i ended up at ilvl 796. And to make matters worse, armor drops from rares in Suramar are ilvl 810.
    Yeah, the current crafted gear levels made no sense to me either. Just placeholder numbers does make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    It's supposed to be upgraded using Obliterum derived from the Obliterum Forge. Nobody AFAIK has even made an Obliterum Forge yet.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    It's supposed to be upgraded using Obliterum derived from the Obliterum Forge. Nobody AFAIK has even made an Obliterum Forge yet.
    Ok then. As far as the item tooltips go though, there are no indications that they can be upgraded. Ive heard people mention this obliterum stuff, but ive never heard anybody talk about actually having used it for anything. Apparently you get it from salvaging drops or crafted items?

Supposedly yes, but you can't test it really because of broken alpha economy and its a very, very lengthy questline to unlock.

Well she has a point, she dislikes the system, we cant blame her. I dont find it super interesting too, im just in for the lore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so its using the a system like the legendary ring and not the craftable ilvl upgrades in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone remember the Orgrimmar Waterslide thing.
    I knew they made it for some things, but I don't think it made in game yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Why is the quest linked to upgrading glaives?

That'd be these glaves that are 1 out of 9? But they're not useful in legion, for the pre-patch? But how do you do pre-patch obliterum when you can't til the xpac is out...?

So confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Why is the quest linked to upgrading glaives?

That'd be these glaves that are 1 out of 9? But they're not useful in legion, for the pre-patch? But how do you do pre-patch obliterum when you can't til the xpac is out...?

So confused.

Because you're completely wrong? First of all it requires lvl 110 which isn't possible in the pre patch. Second of all it clearly says "Demon Hunter campaign". I'll even quote the "Deadlier Warglaives" quest for you.

Description
    Loramus has researched a way to make our warglaives even deadlier, especially against demons. If he's to be trusted, he says that all he needs is an amount of Obliterum. Normally, the substance is used to improve the protection of armor, but Loramus insists he can use it for our warglaives. I am certain we will all benefit from their increased deadliness on the battlefield. You can either make it yourself or buy it on the auction house.

Rewards
    You will receive: 29g 20s

Gains
    Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
    • 20,560 experience
    EDIT: Just want to clarify after reading I'm not trying to be rude. Most likely a simple misreading on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    Just like you nailed the beta and release dates...
    Well, beta was out pretty much when I expected - but yep I wasn't expecting such a long process.

Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    Your words have been marked :P
    Good - and this time I'm 100% correct, care to place a bet on those words you marked

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.