Poll: Casualization biggest problem for wow?

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the true question is, is casualization a word? And if yes, WHY GOD!?
    It's an example of adjective/verb nounification.

Casual => casualize => casualization

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    ????

Explain what else you're supposed to do at level 100 to progress your character.

Ashran to ilvl 700 honor gear.

Raid or rated PVP for higher ilvl gear.

Thats. Literally. It.

???
    You can also do Ashran to advance your character. CP was never easier to get in unratde PvP than it was this expansion.

Of course easy PvP gearing goes away next expansion. Which may not be a bad thing: they seem to have realized too much content in WoD was rendered effectively rewardless by other content overshadowing it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

False. Nothing wrong with the game having content for all types of players. Problem is that the latest expantion did have enough content and the content that was there was rather boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    False. Nothing wrong with the game having content for all types of players. Problem is that the latest expantion did have enough content and the content that was there was rather boring.
    The content draught is handmade by Blizzard. Speed everything up without timesink and wondering why people complain that there is no content left.... reimplement timesinks will further rise the complaints becuz "cry cry, artificial timesinks cry cry". So the only option is: Produce more content in shorter time which is unrealistic as fuck. So WoW will always have the content draught till the servers shutdown.

Remember my words...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

True. Vanilla's philosophy when it came to the average player was journey > destination. With each expansion they've cut that aspect in order to get people to the gear treadmill faster, which causes faster content consumption and consequently, faster burnout (destination > journey while appealing to what the masses think they want, is a BAD philosophy for a game on multiple levels, as we're seeing).
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    True. But it does depend on YOUR meaning of casualisation. And not everything that has been made "casual" is a negative.

Positive casualisation:
    - no more weaponskills
    - no more annoying /trade spamming
    - no more insane amount of clicking pér corpse but massloot
    - mounts at level 20 (or even level 1)
    - map with questing areas
    - duo spec

negative casualisation:
    - outdoor world is trivial and everyone wants to plow through it asap to be done with it BECAUSE it is trivial
    - dungeons are trivial and everyone wants to plow through it asap to be done with it BECAUSE it is trivial
    - teleportation towards a dungeon via LFX-tool
    - garrions and how they were implemented suited the casual player but removed any need for the player who had more time to spend to spend that time in WoW.
    - etc

So yes casualisation did make people leave. But I think if Blizzard did "OTHER" casualisationstuff instead, it would be far less of an exodus.
    And I do not blame the casuals themselves. I haven't heard anyone for a teleport towards those dungeons. Sure now that they have it, they won't let go of it. But no one complained about them before.
    I agree with the above quoted, "casual-ization" by itself is not a bad thing.
    But some of the decisions blizzard made down that route are awful, and have killed the outdoor world and the social aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    False. Generations change and so do game demographics. Editors either adapt or get reduced to small niches (or die).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The content draught is handmade by Blizzard. Speed everything up without timesink and wondering why people complain that there is no content left.... reimplement timesinks will further rise the complaints becuz "cry cry, artificial timesinks cry cry". So the only option is: Produce more content in shorter time which is unrealistic as fuck. So WoW will always have the content draught till the servers shutdown.

Remember my words...
    Of course. I, myself is not asking for the impossible here. Content can't last forever but the stuff we had in WoD was just not what I wanted at least. Legion looks much better though so I'm not worried.

Deleted
    Of course it is.For obvious reasons.

"omg give us a reason".

Nope, I won't. *buhuuuu*

Deleted
    False in that case. Its because of lack of content. Nothing to do beside gearing up your shitty alts.

But casuals is a huge problem. Even after almost a year of HFC, casuals plebz makes some encounter close to impossible because of their lack of knowledge about their class and the mechanics! thats what keeps me alot of offline during off raid days. Cba to watch 720Ilvl grps in HC HFC reminding me of LFR!

Deleted
    Cross Realm grouping and CRZ are the biggest problems in the game.
    Last edited by mmocc955237267; 2016-05-07 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Cross Realm grouping and CRZ are the biggest problem in the game.
    CRZ is absolute garbage. Agreed.

Cross real grouping completely ruined the the game. LFR/LFG would be fine if it was same server only.

Cross realm grouping for dungeons below level cap is ok, but 100% of capped content should be same server only.

i dont think this is true.
    i ll list some points to explain my stand.

1. vanilla was something different something new where every player was equal from the start. thats where the game began. the level cap was 60. everyone was new to the game including the devs who created it. so of course it was very well received. all the classes were/specs/designs were new so u could pretty much do anything and call it exploring the game and it would be a true statement.

2. concerning the difficulty of the game during vanilla/tbc, it was because like i said everything was new. u also had less number of addon to help with raiding so u had to learn and be dependent on ur skills rather than an addon. u also had to grind rep or item or something to unlock raiding. because that was all the content was ingame at that time.

3. with more expansions the endgame changed with increase in level cap. with increase in level cap it was no longer viable to keep the leveling experience same as vanilla both from gamplay as well as business point of view. with increased level cap players would take more time to hit max level effectively reducing the max level content created by blizz. this is a bad thing from a business point of view as now the max level content can be considered as "dead stock" untill enough players are able to experience it. from gameplay view it is a bad idea because it discourages a majority of players from continuing to play the game in hopes of reaching max level and experiencing the game. not everyone wants to slow down and experience the questing content.

there was a mmo game in india called A3G India which was exactly like vanilla in terms of gameplay as was heavily relied on nothing but questing. its max level was 140 or so (i dont remember exactly). it also relied on group questing and had negative experience if u died but that game had no end game content. just questing and leveling thats it. it would take players roughly 2 months to just go from 80 to 81 with group questing. game dint make it too far before it was shut down.

4. the decline of subs is because of various other reasons such as ppl having moved on in life like finishing studies and getting a job, getting married, having a social life outside of game, moving to a different place, or simply not having time. m getting married in 2 days and so another chapter of my life will start. idk if i will have enough time to play wow anymore even if i love this game.

another major reason which i feel is the cause of wow losing subs is that the baddies of wow like keal, illidan, mag, arthas were very well known by almost every wow player in terms of lore as most wow players have played warcraft games in the past. they all felt a sort of connection towards those baddies. post wotlk blizz created new baddies or even changed old minor baddies into big world threatening baddies which most ppl dont feel attached to. i left game a month into mist and came back only to kill garrosh as i really started hating him and his policies since cata.

5. there are a lot of changes to the game. some good some bad but i dont think that any one single change is responsible for the loss of subs including casualization. its all about prospective. i quit again after 2 months into wod and just came back after legion was revealed to prepare my toons for legion. i have high hopes with the changes that i have seen so far in terms of gameplay and difficulty. will they be good? i hope so. but i will only be able to judge them once they hit live. untill then everything is an experiment.

6. LFX is a boon. i dont have to spam for a tank for 2 hours before giving up. CRZ however is shit.

sorry but english is not my first language

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You cant raise the bar every time, or it would mean an ever increasing journey for those starting late.
    Some players have reached that bar, and so find the game less challenging.
    There is no catering to the unskilled, only not catering to a dwindling minority at the top end.
    You don't raise the bar on all the content, just the new one.
    There is a catering to the unskilled and uncommitted, which are neither the top nor the middle, they are the lower spectrum. The top end were never catered to, since the very beginning of WoW, it was already easy for the top end.

Biggest wow problem is the lack of identification to your realm, because of all the cross realm and such. There is no community anymore, who no knows who you are and you dont know anyone, you can do anything and no one will notice or remember. When you did back shit ppl knew and wouldnt wanna play with you, now no one knows or cares or remember.

Question whatever you take for granted.

IMHO WoW's biggest Problems are that it's extremly repetitive + the released Content is often rushed by the players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    CRZ is absolute garbage. Agreed.

Cross real grouping completely ruined the the game. LFR/LFG would be fine if it was same server only.

Cross realm grouping for dungeons below level cap is ok, but 100% of capped content should be same server only.
    I think otherwise. Especially when raiding and dungeons are the only viable Content (like in 6.0 and 6.1) there's literally nothing to do while your Group is forming. It already takes a lot of time to find a Group as a dps. It will get only worse without Cross realm.

Deleted
    I think its laughable how anyone can say that it's false.

The fact that people can log in and see all of the content in one day isn't going to motivate anyone to stay. Before, you couldn't do that. You had to put in more effort. You had to progress your gear on lower ilvl dungeons and raids, you had to join a guild and work with other people. You had to log in many times, you created friendships and you overcome obstacles together. This gets you "addicted" to the game and you keep logging in, not for the gear but for the experience.

Anyone who votes false is someone who never experienced this or is simply selfish.

It is a problem, but it's not the biggest problem that is hurting WoW. On top of that 1 of the reasons casualization is a problem at all is because of how rampant and wide-spread blizz decided to implement it, if it was toned down a bit there wouldn't even be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    True. Leveling takes no time and dungeons are so easy. On max level you hop into LFR and clear the game...

They even removed elites from most zones. Oh and everyone has epic and legendary gear.

Vanilla was so much harder.

/shrug
    God I love these comments. It's almost like they never played vanilla! The biggest challenge for vanilla was the time sink and grind. Nothing was hard!

OT, no. The "hardcore" community is small, make a game for just raiding and look what happened to wildstar. People forget blizz is a company after profit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

The fact that people can log in and see all of the content in one day isn't going to motivate anyone to stay. Before, you couldn't do that. You had to put in more effort. You had to progress your gear on lower ilvl dungeons and raids, you had to join a guild and work with other people. You had to log in many times, you created friendships and you overcome obstacles together. This gets you "addicted" to the game and you keep logging in, not for the gear but for the experience.

Anyone who votes false is someone who never experienced this or is simply selfish.
    I think it's laughable how anyone can say that it's true. Read my comment above for why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Or they're someone that actually DID play in Vanilla and knew right off the bat how hilariously casual it was even in 2004. Tedium is not difficulty.
    Tedium? Where? Oh just like above poster you think i mean vanilla specifically. Assuming much.
    See... i only played in vanilla for a couple of months. I mean more like TBC.

There is just no way anyone can say what we have today is any better, bar the reasons i mentioned. Sorry, but its the truth.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-05-07 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Think we found the wanna be hardcore who never actually played vanilla and just spouts out the company line on how hardcore the game use to be. Wow was ALWAYS more casual than the other MMO's of the time. Thier is no penalty for death, other games one lost levels and/or gear. In wow one was always able to level to max level solo, yes could be easier if one grouped up but wasn't necessary unlike other ones where one had to group up or they couldn't continue leveling. These are but a few examples. The only difference in vanilla is it took longer to do everything. It wasn't harder just longer. One didn't get a mount till 40 and that was if they could afford it. And at that it was slow riding. Flight points were few and far between and took ridiculous circles around and thus took a long time. I could start in danarus and take the flight path to tanaris and it took 15 minutes plus. How is that compelling game play? What has hurt wow and especially wod was lack of content end of story.