Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like the game - seems fun (although at times frustrating) to play. The rather cartoony feel is also growing on me. I'm new to fps though... and I'm terrible at it lol. Hopefully I'll get better with some more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I used to have problems with Bastion until someone said Genji is a hard counter.

I tried it just now, my god Genji just rips through Bastion. The Deflect is so OP against Bastion, run up and Deflect, then Charge him and Bastion is easy pickings.

If the enemy team has 2-4 bastions... that's a whole new problem.
    tracer is a better counter pick for a good bastion. When I face genji as bastion I just wait for the reflect and then... boop.

On a side note I like how they took Pharahs hover into account with the ps4 controller (you use L2 to hover instead of holding the jump) however they did not take into account Lucio wall ride. You can not hold jump and then use the right analog stick and left at the same time while trying to shoot or anything. Unless there is an option to not hold the jump button I'll have to rebind lucio :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    I used to have problems with Bastion until someone said Genji is a hard counter.

I tried it just now, my god Genji just rips through Bastion. The Deflect is so OP against Bastion, run up and Deflect, then Charge him and Bastion is easy pickings.
    It's kinda hilarious when sometimes Genji's in front of Bastion with deflect active, thinking that Bastion would shoot at it.. and once Deflect timer ends, Genji dies instantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I played the open beta this morning and I gotta say this game looks good but I can't stand it. Balance is way off I just didn't care for it.
    No. This game might be on of the most balanced game i have seen. There is no clear: " This hero is OP as fuck and can carry team to victory" There are heroes that are doing better job in their duties than others, but that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yep. Every other game I played, there's much more score balance. This one, I've never seen a match that's so close, you couldn't tell who was going to win. Every time one team started scoring, that was it. That's not right, and that's not fun.
    Then you clearly need to play more. I get those close games all the time and overtimes. I don't even know how many times i have won bringing payload to end in overtime or protecting it when it is 1m away from that checkpoint. Or those 99% king of the hill wins. There have been those quick snowball games where we just crush enemy team too.

Heroes are insanely unbalanced.

1- Reinhardt is absurdly way over the power level compared to the other tanks. Roadhog is well balanced. D.Va, Winston and Zarya are quite weak compared to these two.
    - It is not OP, but Reinhard indeed is best tank atm. They could easily take 500 points away from that shield and make it regen much more slower, but Reinhard isn't actually OP

2- A team of: Reinhardt, Bastion, Mercy, 2 Mei's and a Symmetra/Reaper is just undefeatable.
    - No it is not. You could just take Junkrats/Phara/Widow or maybe even take Bastion yourself. That team is super passive and just campping, so just keep spamming their spots. It is annoying, but not OP.

3- Each hero should be limited to two per game. Seeing 5 Bastions or 3 Torbjörns in the opposing teams makes me quit the game from the get go. I can't stand that imbalance.
    - Same as above. Just counter it. If hat actually was OP setup, pros would use it. But they won't because it is not OP or even good. And if you limit heroes some comps will be destroyed. Double tracer can work for an example

4- Torbjörn's turret is well over the balance level, way too much damage and way too much range. The hero is the turret, almost-not Torbjörn.
    - This is something i agree with. Turrets should only have 180 degree range, so yo could flank them and they tag you instantly you peek at corner. Adjust that timing and their range and it will be fine.

5- Symmetra is op as well(I'm a Symmetra player). Her Sentry Turrets should be reduced to 4.
    - He is not OP. He shield is pretty meh, turrets get destroyed super easily and teleport is only useful when you defend first payload checkpoint

6- The strongest hero absolutely is Junkrat, can cover an insane amount of area. Nothing can stop a good Junkrat player.
    - Lot's of heroes can stop Junkrat. Phara, Widow, Reaper, Soldier will rip him apart.
    7- Of all the roles, offense heroes are all well balanced. Of the defense heroes I believe Mei and Junkrat should be modified down a bit, their effect margin to the game is just way too big. Widowmaker, Hanzo and Bastion are well balanced in solo occasions, but 4 Hanzos or 5 Bastions is not. Torbjörn's turret problem is stated above. Of the tanks Reinhardt should literally be nerfed. And of the support, Symmetra seems above the tolerance limit with her 6 sentries.
    - You really wanna nerf Mei? She is annoying in PuG, but she is not OP. Same goes for Junkrat. And if multiple widows/Hanzos are problem for you, then i have bad news for you...

I believe the major flaw of the game is a bit off the main road. It should somehow separate the "casual" teams and "pro" teams. Not complaining, but it was an experience I stumbled upon when I wanted to play with a group of friends just for fun. Our goal was to have fun, but the game put us in front of a pro gamer team which literally demolished us down to our atoms. They were doing everything to win: Changing necessary heroes, doing all the retarded "not-so-fun" tactics, just to win. I really have big respect to pro teams, but as a casual player I just wanted to play Genji and I didn't want the need to switch to Bastion in any situation. The game's design just doesn't allow you to play your favorite hero and it forces you to swap heroes here and there just to win. That's not fun.

So Blizzard should find a way to separate people who like to play their favorite heroes and pros from each other.

Also another experience: Overwatch doesn't improve your socialness. It induces an immense hatred in each individual. It feeds hatred. I've never seen so much hatred in any game I've previously played. I take it as a very, very dangerous path chosen by Blizzard to proceed. I hope they bring balance to the game to cut the hatred off, otherwise I'm really reluctant to participate in Overwatch. Too much negative atmosphere.
    When competitive comes, you can go quick play and play what ever the hero you want.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure ranked games will feature pick/ban just like in any other moba-based game. I wouldn't be surprised if you could only have 1*X hero on a team, or in the game. I realize this is a FPS, but it plays a lot like moba with support heroes etc.

I really dislike those "auto aim" ultimates though, like soldier and the cowboy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Played the game for around 10 hours so far, what I learned is:

Community is already toxic incarnate. I've played countless hours of dota 2, CS:GO and TF2 and in just my 10 hour play session, I've never seen so much hatred and complaning about "picking a wrong hero" or the "don't pick my hero noob" complaint. I'd say it's about equal to LoL.
    That's weird. I've been playing nonstop and it's a minority of games where people even type things in, let alone be toxic.

Once I started treating Winston as a bruiser and not as a tank, I've been having a lot more success in jumping in the backlines, taking out a squishy and bouncing on out.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Very fun game so far. Easy to get in to but challenging to master.
    Only minus is 80% play of the games is bastion camping in a corner

My first impression is this game will die for the same reason as every other multiplayer FPS - aimbot cheaters.

Not sure what's fun about a game where cheating snipers can constantly one-shot people, but a lot of people seem to find the enjoyment there anyway. Not my cup of tea, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Already with the hackusations after...what, a couple days of playing?
    Yeah, aimbots don't exist, who am I kidding? Lulz. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I can sum up my total experience in one word - 'meh'.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    First impressions
    Average at best. Fun for a while but I can see it becoming boring very quickly.
    It's pretty but the art style isn't to my taste.
    Major balance issues that need to be addressed.
    I've put about 5 hours into it tonight and frankly I'm going to play something else today, It's not enough to hold my attention.
    I agree. I like it for a few hours but it quickly became "old hat." It will not keep my interest over time, had the same prob with HOS. There just aren't enough modes/etc. to keep people interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    - It is not OP, but Reinhard indeed is best tank atm. They could easily take 500 points away from that shield and make it regen much more slower, but Reinhard isn't actually OP
    he is hardly the best tank (remember that tank is a character that supposed to hold control of an objective), he is the best character at soaking damage for the team, but that's that. Getting a point with Winston/D'va is much easier than with Reinhard
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    - This is something i agree with. Turrets should only have 180 degree range, so yo could flank them and they tag you instantly you peek at corner. Adjust that timing and their range and it will be fine.
    it hardly can outdamage any character "1v1", it's nowhere near TF2 levels of damage to have a restriction to angle of an attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You think that's an attack? That?

Sport, that's barely even a response. You have some very delicate skin there, little china doll, if that offends you so much. And it's ironic that you complain about someone else crapping up every thread. Very ironic indeed.

We are allowed to have negative opinions. That's all they are, you know. Opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

And every map is the same - mostly tight, closed spaces, with the occasional open area for big fights. Just like BC had mostly corridor, room, corridor, room maps.
    You're allowed to have negative opinions but people don't have to listen or give you the time of day. This culture where "it's just my opinion bro" needs to stop. You don't get to come into other people's threads, make up bullshit complaints, and otherwise whine non stop and not expect someone to call you on your shit.

Almost every complaint I've seen about this game come from people who played three matches, got wrecked because it's a game that takes awhile to learn and understand comps, and then come here to complain about it being unbalanced. I don't know how the balance will work out yet since ranked isn't in, but I do know I've seen bad Bastions and good Zenyattas and everything in between. Just because you get fucked by someone who probably has more experience than you doesn't mean the game is a disaster.
    Yep. Every other game I played, there's much more score balance. This one, I've never seen a match that's so close, you couldn't tell who was going to win. Every time one team started scoring, that was it. That's not right, and that's not fun.
    Then you clearly haven't played enough. I've had matches where we literally stopped the other team at 1m left on the payload. I had a game where we were done 99 to 0 on King of the Hill and took it to 100 to 99 without losing the point again. So many games have come down to the last minute and I've even had games which were in overtime for 2 minutes straight.

In fact most maps are set up for the last minute to be the most intense since the starting points are so close to the objective. One map in particular has the defending teams spawn point literally right behind the last payload checkpoint.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

I'd imagine old TF2 players would love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    My first impression is this game will die for the same reason as every other multiplayer FPS - aimbot cheaters.

Not sure what's fun about a game where cheating snipers can constantly one-shot people, but a lot of people seem to find the enjoyment there anyway. Not my cup of tea, I guess.
    You're right, there are definitely already people out there using hacks when the game is still in beta. There definitely aren't any good widowmakers or hanzos out there that can one shot people with twitch reflexes. Not at all. Widowmaker sucks even and should be buffed because obviously nobody can aim with her successfully.

Good snipers exist and you want one on your team. If you think that everyone who can headshot you is an aimbot then you have a gross over exaggeration of your own skill set. Maybe try jumping once in awhile and strafing back and forth when you turn corners rather than running in a straight line and bitching that a sniper led you.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Yeah, nobody ever finds a way to cheat, especially not in a Blizzard game. What was I thinking.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if someone just stands there like a derp, a turret will beat some of the cast "1v1".

Of course, doing that would be silly. The entire weakness of the turret is that it's stationary and "dumb". There's no reason to just stand there and trade hits with it. So yeah, I don't think they need a nerf in that regard.
    Tbh they should put a limit on how many of the same heroes youre allowed to have though. I played against three Torbjorns and a bastion on the same team, backed up by a support and reinhardt. When properly placed the majority of heroes lacks to range to hit them, forcing you to swap. Theres by far not enough communication in teams to deal with that, though maybe when the game matures better counters get discovered. The turrets have perfect aim and 360 degrees vision, basically stationary aimbots. When you kill one, the other turrets will keep you back until the first one is replaced again.

I also really hate the camping on top of a payload, with reinhardt, bastion, support and any randoms. Its not realistically possible to solo through a reinhardt shield without dying to the bastion behind it, and while i dont mind single heroes being countered by the enemy team, having half of all heroes instantly countered by a comp is rather boring. Some ultimates can deal with it, however swapping to the right heroes for that can often be too late, since you need to fully charge it first. There are some heroes, spread over multiple roles, that i love playing, and some that i hate and suck with. If any popular team compositions or "meta" would make my favorites unplayable, i would stop playing. I just hope they keep counters to mean being strong against a few heroes, not disable half the line-up. Smart swapping of heroes is fun to do, but only to a certain degree.

Random thought, should the game randomly assign each player a role to ensure all roles are filled. Ie.. "Pick a healing hero" and you get to pick but only from the healers. Next round you're DPS. That sort of thing. Perhaps they could even work in a preference system so it takes your preferences into account and if that satisfies the group make up then you get to play your preferred role.. otherwise it's RNG.

The reason I say this is I don't think I've played a single game so far where the team had all roles filled.

Already with the hackusations after...what, a couple days of playing?
    Google is your friend. I became suspicious after some lengthy gamin sessions and sure enough...

Hanzo and Widowmaker seem to be their favorites so far.