View Poll Results: Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Voters
197. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

90 45.69%
  • No!

107 54.31%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It is only one piece of bread, cut as to allow the hotdog to fit in the middle. It's blasphemy to call that a sandwich.

Then again, I eat half PB+J sandwiches all the time. Those are a slice of bread folded in half. Sometimes when I'm out of hotdog buns I just use bread the same way. Then is it a sandwich? These thoughts keep me up at night.

- - - Updated - - -

How about with chicken?

Well this Double Down is not using bread. Though, it does have condiments in the middle of two layers. I am conflicted as whether to count THAT as a sandwich.
    It's about watching a company gleefully flinging away its goodwill with both hands and engaging in a pissing contest with its customers. It's about coyness, and a lack of straightforwardness. It's about rude, flip responses to valid questions, using third-party media instead of an official site. It's about a loss of trust, and the perception of untruthfulness. It's about an attitude that has begun to border on complacency and deceitfulness. -Roycroft the Human Rogue (Paraphrased)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's short for submarine sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Sub is short for Subway sandwich, they are also called Italian Hoagie Sandwiches. Depending on your location it's a: Hoagie, sub, sub sandwich, subway, yadda, yadda....ect
    You're missing the point, they specifically refer to them as subs instead of sandwiches over here because they know if they tried calling them sandwiches they would be ridiculed for trying to pass rolls off as sandwiches. The reason they refer to them as sandwiches in America is because America uses a modified definition of sandwich, hence why many posters in this thread have different opinions on what constitutes a sandwich (this has been explained multiple times in this thread).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That's a lettuce wrap, not a sandwich.
    Correct, I'm unsure how lettuce wraps even made it into the discussion, are they even classed as sandwiches by Americans?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is, and back in the early 2000's they were really popular with a fad diet.
    So are you going to make me some nachos with lettuce instead of chips next? I mean they'd totally still be nachos, right?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    So are you going to make me some nachos with lettuce instead of chips next? I mean they'd totally still be nachos, right?
    Um.... (this)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post

Correct, I'm unsure how lettuce wraps even made it into the discussion, are they even classed as sandwiches by Americans?
    by vegan, gluten free, people.

Deleted
    i needs to g3et me a corgi just to stuff it into this costume

or this hat

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    Well I tried to find a quotable quote from Wikipedia, but they keep saying it requires two or more pieces of bread, but has pictures of sandwiches which only have one piece of bread or roll used as an example of a sandwich.

So, I don't know.

If I used bread for any reason, being one piece which I sliced partially in order to lay turkey, onions, and lettuce in it, I would considered it and any variants as a sandwich.

*edit, you are correct, it must be a national or regional designation
    Wikipedia is a terrible source. If you find yourself using quotes from that P O S site then you have already lost the argument.

A hotdog is not a sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Um.... (this)
    Yeah, see, not nachos.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

A hotdog is one piece of bread not 2.

Question whatever you take for granted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You're missing the point, they specifically refer to them as subs instead of sandwiches over here because they know if they tried calling them sandwiches they would be ridiculed for trying to pass rolls off as sandwiches. The reason they refer to them as sandwiches in America is because America uses a modified definition of sandwich, hence why many posters in this thread have different opinions on what constitutes a sandwich (this has been explained multiple times in this thread).
    This at least got a laugh from me. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Hello, it doesn't matter what you call it. Its just a Hotdog.
    Thanks.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any handheld food wrapped in bread is a sandwich. Whether it be a hotdog, a hamburger, a burrito, or a ham and cheese, it is still a sandwich.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.