Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Is reading so difficult? Oh wait, I keep forgetting who I am talking to.

Here's the breakdown: if you followed the conversation, of which Merkava was part of but didn't even have the minimal attention span to follow, the theoretical situation outlined was if Clinton was successfully indicted and prosecuted for the email scandal, thus dropping out of the election, Trump would win presidency.

Except, in that scenario, which Orbitus pointed out, Bernie would just win presidency because he's even more ahead of Trump than Hillary is.
    There was no conversation for me to follow. You replied to me. Thanks for the personal insults and attacks though. That really must be easier than proving your point.

Is reading so difficult? Oh wait, I keep forgetting who I am talking to.

Here's the breakdown: if you followed the conversation, of which Merkava was part of but didn't even have the minimal attention span to follow, the theoretical situation outlined was if Clinton was successfully indicted and prosecuted for the email scandal, thus dropping out of the election, Trump would win presidency.

Except, in that scenario, which Orbitus pointed out, Bernie would just win presidency because he's even more ahead of Trump than Hillary is.
    Ill admit i skipped from page 4 to here but this is a thread about there being no indictment. Thus it makes no sense for her to drop out, despite the hopes and prayers of desperate Bernie bros. Plus I cant think of a crime that the public could care less about than "she used a private server vs the DOJ one". If she mutilated a dog or a was a serial rapist, perhaps people would give two shits. However in this case, the only ones the only ones who care wouldnt be voted for her anyway (or were sore losers praying for a hail mary). I could be wrong, but once she gets passed the convention and is nominated, i imagine she could pick a decent vp (ie. not Bernie) and if she dropped out at that point, I would image the VP pick would essentially take up the democratic ticket. They wont redo the convention after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    There was no conversation for me to follow. You replied to me. Thanks for the personal insults and attacks though. That really must be easier than proving your point.
    Since you pretty much just proven that your attention span is just non-existent:

If you think Loretta Lynch will charge Hillary Clinton with a crime, handing the presidency to Donald Trump and risking the destruction of Obama's legacy without Obama weighing in on the matter, well, I would disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If anything that would hand the presidency to Bernie Sanders. He hasn't dropped out of the race yet, and he beats Trump by double digits. In some polls up to 20%. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ders-5565.html
    How does Bernie win the nomination?
    By virtue of Hillary dropping out of the race and Bernie being the only one left standing?

I mean, you can at least put two and two together, right? Please say you can.
    And now....
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Ill admit i skipped from page 4 to here but this is a thread about there being no indictment. Thus it makes no sense for her to drop out, despite the hopes and prayers of desperate Bernie bros. Plus I cant think of a crime that the public could care less about than "she used a private server vs the DOJ one". If she mutilated a dog or a was a serial rapist, perhaps people would give two shits. However in this case, the only ones the only ones who care wouldnt be voted for her anyway (or were sore losers praying for a hail mary). I could be wrong, but once she gets passed the convention and is nominated, i imagine she could pick a decent vp (ie. not Bernie) and if she dropped out at that point, I would image the VP pick would essentially take up the democratic ticket. They wont redo the convention after the fact.
    Well, then learn to bark up the right tree for once, won't you: Merkava's the one who made up the theoretical situation, not me.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    The percentage of rape and child molest cases that don't get charged is probably the biggest among crimes. The number of innocents tar for life is probably tiny compared to those who did it and get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would she drop out now when she has basically won?
    Even one innocent tarred for life is one too many imo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh, it's rarely ever been a thing, and it's all but disappeared now with the internet. It sucks ass and I'd love to see it change, but it's never going to. But those are all irrelevant to the current discussion, which is centered around the legal definition of guilt.
    Kinda I was mostly replying to all the comments decrying her as absolutely guilty with or without a legal guilt. Alot if the very situation I described is going on here

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike this kind of smear campaigns. "Oh, let's throw a bunch of accusations, hoping that it will get her out of election process and we won't have to compete with her". If you don't want to see her as a president, then win debates against her / vote against her. Why all this dirty backstabbing?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I really dislike this kind of smear campaigns. "Oh, let's throw a bunch of accusations, hoping that it will get her out of election process and we won't have to compete with her". If you don't want to see her as a president, then win debates against her / vote against her. Why all this dirty backstabbing?
    Well the GOP had no one who was "better" that is why Trump demolished them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    She was going to be the SOS, she is now an advisor. If that is not "losing your career," I don't know what is. If you consider advisor=to SOS, I don't even know what to say to you. Maybe you are not from the USA and don't really understand the difference?
    Well, you could try to get a little credibility back by apologizing for your ignorance and rudeness.

Henry Kissinger
    National Security Advisor -> Secretary of State

William Clark
    Secretary of State -> National Security Advisor -> Secretary of the Interior

Frank Carlucci
    National Security Advisor -> Secretary of Defense

Colin Powell
    National Security Advisor -> Chairman of the Joint Chiefs -> Secretary of State

Condoleezza Rice
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You do not know what is "loosing your career". You also think strawman "advisor=to SOS" covering your silliness is going to work.

So tell me did Kissinger, Scowcroft, Colin Powell, and Condeleeza Rice think they were loosing their career while holding the position?
    I don't know what they thought (obviously), but to me, being and advisor is a demotion from holding the actual post. My masters is in geology and currently, I am a surveyor of igneous petrology. I have three advisors who work for me. In my position, the word "advisor" means you are demoted. Maybe it is different in government, I do not know- I never would work for them but, in my field, advisor is basically a demotion.

If tomorrow, I was called and was told I was now an "advisor," my pay would be significantly cut and I would consider my career with that company="over." I would then seek employment elsewhere.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-05-07 at 06:05 PM.

I don't know what they thought (obviously), but to me, being and advisor is a demotion from holding the actual post. My masters is in geology and currently, I am a surveyor of igneous petrology. I have three advisors who work for me. In my position, the word "advisor" means you are demoted. Maybe it is different in government, I do not know- I never would work for them but, in my field, advisor is basically a demotion.
    Yeah well, it works differently in politics obviously.

Just like there are doctors can be physicians, surgeons, veterinarians and holders of accredited doctoral degrees.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If tomorrow, I was called and was told I was now an "advisor," my pay would be significantly cut and I would consider my career with that company="over." I would then seek employment elsewhere.
    I don't think there's a Secretary of Spies, which is what the National Security Advisor is in all but name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    "Found no criminal wrong doing"
    "SHE BELONGS IN JAIL FOR THE NO CRIMINAL WRONG DOING!"
    Some people don't like facts to get into their way ;3

Yeah well, it works differently in politics obviously.

Just like there are doctors can be physicians, surgeons, veterinarians and holders of accredited doctoral degrees.
    I know it is different in different fields. I would be fine with being a physician, surgeon, etc. To be an advisor to a physician, etc. I would not be cool with. That is not what I went to school for...

- - - Updated - - -

1. "Her job" in this case, would be to do whatever the President of the United States tells her to do.
    So, as SOS-she was supposed to listen to whatever Obama said? Now you want her to be pres? Sorry, I don't want a flunkie. You can vote for that though, if that is acceptable to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Well, you could try to get a little credibility back by apologizing for your ignorance and rudeness.

Henry Kissinger

William Clark
    Secretary of State -> National Security Advisor -> Secretary of the Interior

Frank Carlucci
    National Security Advisor -> Secretary of Defense

Colin Powell
    National Security Advisor -> Chairman of the Joint Chiefs -> Secretary of State

Condoleezza Rice
    Do you want to place a bet on whether Susan Rice will be SOS after this? I am willing to bet whatever you want that she will not and I always make good on a bet. Ball is on your court, sir duck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I think only the delusional really thought there would have been any legal ramifications even if she were found to have committed criminal wrongdoing. We rarely punish our leaders.
    This pretty much...especially a presidential candidate...I can't imagine the shitstorm that would happen if they decided to bust her.

7+ Year Old Account

So this nonsense is based on the fact that you have no clue what the NSA actually is. /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

I know it is different in different fields. I would be fine with being a physician, surgeon, etc. To be an advisor to a physician, etc. I would not be cool with. That is not what I went to school for...

- - - Updated - - -

So, as SOS-she was supposed to listen to whatever Obama said? Now you want her to be pres? Sorry, I don't want a flunkie. You can vote for that though, if that is acceptable to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to place a bet on whether Susan Rice will be SOS after this? I am willing to bet whatever you want that she will not and I always make good on a bet. Ball is on your court, sir duck.
    Interesting goal post maneuver.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Now watch the same people who suggested the FBI is infallible with its infinite wisdom (and that investigations are evidence of guilt) backtrack their belief.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    So this nonsense is based on the fact that you have no clue what the NSA actually is. /facepalm
    What, you thought he knew what he was talking about? Joke's on you.

I said it a long time ago but all of these Hillary conspiracy theories are reminiscent of Salem circa 1690's. If she's guilty, execute her! If she isn't guilty, she's guilty anyway, execute her!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Meh. The whole thing has been a farce just like the Benghazi "investigations"...or Obama not being born in Hawaii. Lots of rumors of the smoking gun, but, when examined, turn out to be a whole lot of nothing (especially when viewed in context).

Clinton isn't getting away with anything. She just didn't do anything as horribly wrong as RW morons thinks she did. People pointing to classified information have no clue how that works. If you do nothing more than reference something in the media that happens to talk about anything classified, then that reference is considered retro-actively classified.

I have no objections to picking on Clinton about her relationship with Goldman Sachs (as long as you bring up the relationship of Trump with the same company), but stop with this stupid witch hunt. It is stupidity like this e-mail hunt and Benghazi and birtherism that causes independents such as myself serious harm...my eyes can only roll so far in my head before they start to hurt...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    What, you thought he knew what he was talking about? Joke's on you.

I said it a long time ago but all of these Hillary conspiracy theories are reminiscent of Salem circa 1690's. If she's guilty, execute her! If she isn't guilty, she's guilty anyway, execute her!
    Well you know me. So nice to everyone that I give them the benefit of the doubt.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Now watch the same people who suggested the FBI is infallible with its infinite wisdom (and that investigations are evidence of guilt) backtrack their belief.
    They just believe that Obama told the FBI director to not indict Clinton. It doesn't matter if she's cleared of wrongdoing by every investigator, she's clearly guilty and they don't care to hear otherwise. These are the same people who lose their shit over guilty til proven innocent rape cases.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

This forum is full of people who believe politicians will act against their own best interest.

That's pure stupidity.