Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Actually all of the followers currently implemented are either Watchers or dead. The two named Vrykul pictured above are the ones you meet in the scenario, who die shortly before you almost-do. The only outlier is the Iron Dwarf, who hasn't been explained yet.

Of course, it all flies out the window once you notice all the other players running around, who are supposed to be other members of the class, despite all looking eerily similar, holding the same artifact, with the same title, and the fact that there's no reason for any other living Warriors to be around.
    Yeah, I kinda figured the case. The warrior campaign is getting to the point where it has more retcons and plot holes than anything this series has ever offered. All the while, still has not a single thing to do with warriors.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    right. we serve a titan watcher, but then two other 2 titan watchers serve us.

the very titan watches who empowered the frigging dragon aspects and might contain the souls of the pantheon, serve us.

Well considering those watchers make fairly quick work of the black empire, I guess we will now be the most OP class in game?

Also if i assign hodir/thorim as my bodyguard, will they be raid boss size? yes plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

the very titan watches who empowered the frigging dragon aspects and might contain the souls of the pantheon, serve us.

Well considering those watchers make fairly quick work of the black empire, I guess we will now be the most OP class in game?

Also if i assign hodir/thorim as my bodyguard, will they be raid boss size? yes plz?
    Already being semi-retconned as apparently Odynn is somehow their father.

And we already have a history of wrecking old god minions

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post

They don't actually acompany you. Assigning them grants you an ability that can be used every so often. Only one of them (the dwarf iirc) acts as an actual bodyguard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is any of this being relayed/questioned by Alpha testing waters on the forums? Anything? I may as well go DK at this rate ffs. None of this makes sense. Just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Is any of this being relayed/questioned by Alpha testing waters on the forums? Anything? I may as well go DK at this rate ffs. None of this makes sense. Just depressing.
    See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40195862

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Already being semi-retconned as apparently Odynn is somehow their father.
    It might mean figuratively. Like, he's the leader - maybe he and Thorim were really close, so much so that Thorim considered Odynn his father?

I'm not happy with it at all. They're trying to make it seem more Viking than it is, when all everyone of us sees is us being a Titanic Watcher's slave. I'm all for the Viking thing, but they're not doing it right, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    It might mean figuratively. Like, he's the leader - maybe he and Thorim were really close, so much so that Thorim considered Odynn his father?

I'm not happy with it at all. They're trying to make it seem more Viking than it is, when all everyone of us sees is us being a Titanic Watcher's slave. I'm all for the Viking thing, but they're not doing it right, at all.
    I don't really like the viking theme for warrior, but you're right. I might like it better if they actually did it well - but they are not. It's watered down, tepid, dull, and completely flat. Because what it really is is a VRYKUL theme, and vrykul =/= warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post

I love the viking theme but they are handling it really bad. It sounded good to me before the order story started to appear. It was a cool idea and it seems like they just forgot to make the rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    I love the viking theme but they are handling it really bad. It sounded good to me before the order story started to appear. It was a cool idea and it seems like they just forgot to make the rest of it.
    What? Isnt it so exciting to be freeing someone elses army? An army we've never heard of, and their leader being kind of a total dick who killed his own daughter and alienated his "son"?

What? Isnt it so exciting to be freeing someone elses army? An army we've never heard of, and their leader being kind of a total dick who killed his own daughter and alienated his "son"?
    And don't forget we're the only guy good enough to get there, except those other people walking around.

The biggest disconnect I feel from what I've seen of the new lore surrounding the watchers and the vrykul in Legion is how it's just dull references to mythology with very little imagination. It feels written by people who never understood the titans' themes prior to Legion, or deliberately ignored it in favor of a lazier version.

What we saw of the titan creations in WotLK was a very mechanical and computerized norse mythology. There were databases with automated security systems, large underground engines and factories to produce iron dwarves and vrykuls. That near sci-fi style of fantasy was what made the titans interesting.

I thought the whole point of Odyn's Halls of Valor was to act as a facility where vrykul souls were processed from their flesh-cursed bodies from back into metal, because feels appropriate to what the titans are about. The closest we get is how a vrykul is converted to a val'kyr, by having a random priest and shaman channel magic at her. The mead hall, the hunting grounds and big nameless vrykul statues serve no reason other than to reference Valhalla.

Questing through Stormheim I feel the same disconnect from past lore. The treeface is a cool idea and would've worked great as an ancient experimental titan computer, what you get is a random mystical forest spirit. Helheim could've been powered by stolen titan technology, with twisted, grimy machines fusing dead flesh with seaweed to create the Kvaldir, instead it's just a spooky island where Helya keeps souls locked in cages.

It's not a good warrior theme, not a good viking theme, it's not even a good titan theme.

After playing warrior as main since BC i give up of this crap class, thank you blizzard, i reroll now and is playing with my new main to take the mechanics before legion release

Awesome Garrison 2.0 gameplay!

Are the only Warrior followers Vrykul and titan watchers? No Warriors of the Horde or Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    Are the only Warrior followers Vrykul and titan watchers? No Warriors of the Horde or Alliance?
    Correct. Some of them you can also question whether or not they're actually warriors.

Lore wise the only none-vrykul, none-watcher in the entire place, will. Bit of a finger to RPers once more, as canonicly we cannot ever use the place for RP while every single other class hall can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It's almost like Blizzard didn't give a shit about warriors and came up with that idea on a toilet after night of drinking...
    Wait, I'm confused here. I thought Blizzard hated Paladins? Or was it Shamans? Warlocks maybe? Sorry, it gets hard to keep track of who Blizzard hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Wait, I'm confused here. I thought Blizzard hated Paladins? Or was it Shamans? Warlocks maybe? Sorry, it gets hard to keep track of who Blizzard hates.
    Considering we've gone two expansions now with our feedback being ignored, with a dev flat out telling us its being ignored. Also given that our class hall campaign doesn't actually fit the intent of the class halls (for example, we're not leading any of our own warriors), or even fit our class (and has retcons), hell it barely fits the setting. Or how we're the only class without a single iconic weapon or at least a weapon that is tied to an iconic character. Also despite being the class that can use the most weapons, our artifacts have the least variety (all swords). I'd say its safe to assume that they either hate warriors or just care less about them than any other class.

Considering we've gone two expansions now with our feedback being ignored, with a dev flat out telling us its being ignored. Also given that our class hall campaign doesn't actually fit the intent of the class halls (for example, we're not leading any of our own warriors), or even fit our class (and has retcons), hell it barely fits the setting. Or how we're the only class without a single iconic weapon or at least a weapon that is tied to an iconic character. Also despite being the class that can use the most weapons, our artifacts have the least variety (all swords). I'd say its safe to assume that they either hate warriors or just care less about them than any other class.
    I don't think they hate warriors, because hate requires effort. I think they just don't care. For whatever reason, the folks at Blizz aren't into the concept or aesthetic of a straightforward "warrior," but they are stuck with them in the game. It's not contempt I tend to see, it's apathy. It's "good enough," rather than passion. I think the devs just find warriors boring, and so they do the minimum amount of work and put in the minimum amount of effort - whereas you can clearly see the passion for classes like warlocks, DKs, and pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I don't think they hate warriors, because hate requires effort. I think they just don't care. For whatever reason, the folks at Blizz aren't into the concept or aesthetic of a straightforward "warrior," but they are stuck with them in the game. It's not contempt I tend to see, it's apathy. It's "good enough," rather than passion. I think the devs just find warriors boring, and so they do the minimum amount of work and put in the minimum amount of effort - whereas you can clearly see the passion for classes like warlocks, DKs, and pallies.
    Oh so they're just unimaginative morons.

Not a surprise when you notice that the class hall is just Marvel Movie Thor presents: Warcraft