Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Why is it disgusting? You don't have to buy gold or the mount.
    You also don't have to play the game. For a mount collector it would be a slap in the face if Legion would close the gold fountain that the WoD Garrison is, don't add something similar and put an unique mount behind a gold wall that is worth 500-1000$ in token gold. But I don't think that this is what is happening. The price is high, but 2 million gold will be like 200k gold now. Expensive but still a number a normal gamer can come up with in a few months.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You also don't have to play the game. For a mount collector it would be a slap in the face if Legion would close the gold fountain that the WoD Garrison is, don't add something similar and put an unique mount behind a gold wall that is worth 500-1000$ in token gold. But I don't think that this is what is happening. The price is high, but 2 million gold will be like 200k gold now. Expensive but still a number a normal gamer can come up with in a few months.
    if your a mount collector you would already have to pay that much for a tcg mount so sucks to be you. you don't need to have every thing if you want 100% every thing then the faults on you no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I highly doubt it makes it to live with that price. Most likely it will be a few hundred k at most. 2 million gold is too high for too many people to afford. The general consensus that everyone has millions of gold is silly. There are some who went through the garrison grind, and a smaller collection of ah players.
    You are wrong. Why? Mounts are always goldcap on black market ah. I saw people buying Garn Nightwoul for a goldcap, on the first day. I miself sold Scabbard of Kyanos for more than 200k gold, on the second week of wod. That was before garrisons. People were bying things like reins of poseidus for 150k in cataclysm(right now it sells for 500к). Right now 2 million gold is not so exotic number to have. And we will have 10 million goldcap in legion.
    Last edited by TwilightAss; 2016-05-08 at 12:29 AM.

For BLIZZARD they are worthless - a few bucks they made in the past. For the resellers they are a great way to get easy money. You really have a problem seperating the company wo released the cards from reselling fans, do you? Blizzard added the rare cards so people would buy much more cards than they need to play the Trading Card GAME. Because they just make 40 cents with each card they needed a way to make people buy much more. Rare cards that are traded are the way to sell more of those 20$ boxes to people who dig for the lucrative card (lucrative for the customer).
    exactly so they made the rare cards have much more value than 40 cents, that's how rarity works, well done.

The entitlement on these threads is crazy.

No one's forcing you to buy anything. If you have such poor impulse control that you can't resist reaching into your wallet and racking up a $1000 in token charges to your credit card, that's your own damn fault.

Or, you could farm like the rest of us. For some that means flying circles in Sholazar Basin. For others it's downloading an addon and camping the auction house. For a lot of people in WoD (myself included) it was leveling up 10 characters to 100 and checking the garrison once or twice a day.

All of us put in some sort of effort to earn that gold. If you want the spider mount, it's up to you to put in the effort to farm the gold, with the smart people pulling it in hand over fist this expansion. If instead you decide that you'd rather not waste that much time on a videogame and that a $1000 credit card bill is worth the time invested, that's on you.

Time to man up or shut up.

I still cant afford a transmog mount from MoP I was looking forward to getting this mount too...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Before WoD, the most I ever had was ~30k. With Garrisons it was 200k.
    2 million sounds beyond impossible.
    That's the problem with the price. 2 million sounds impossible, so no one who hasn't already amassed more will try. Now 250k, that's a goal people can reach.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    And intelligent players will farm their own consumables, allowing them to save enough for the cosmetic items they want. It's far too easy to level alts and professions for the market to bear high consumable prices.
    then it comes down to whats more profitable questing or gathering, think about it if they can farm their own consumables they can also sell them to make gold, suddenly oh you're making gold without the garrison the old skool way, you can farm everything yourself but that requires playing the game a lot, playing the game a lot = yes you're going to have a lot of gold.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    The entitlement on these threads is crazy.

No one's forcing you to buy anything. If you have such poor impulse control that you can't resist reaching into your wallet and racking up a $1000 in token charges to your credit card, that's your own damn fault.

Or, you could farm like the rest of us. For some that means flying circles in Sholazar Basin. For others it's downloading an addon and camping the auction house. For a lot of people in WoD (myself included) it was leveling up 10 characters to 100 and checking the garrison once or twice a day.

All of us put in some sort of effort to earn that gold. If you want the spider mount, it's up to you to put in the effort to farm the gold, with the smart people pulling it in hand over fist this expansion. If instead you decide that you'd rather not waste that much time on a videogame and that a $1000 credit card bill is worth the time invested, that's on you.

Time to man up or shut up.
    Thank you. This is the exact statement needed to be said
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    if your a mount collector you would already have to pay that much for a tcg mount so sucks to be you. you don't need to have every thing if you want 100% every thing then the faults on you no one else.
    he sees tcg mounts as a fan sold fantasy item rofl, talk about putting a bullshit label on something to fit your own agenda.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightAss View Post
    You are wrong. Why? Mounts are always goldcap on black market ah. I saw people buying Garn Nightwoul for a goldcap, on the first day. I miself sold Scabbard of Kyanos for more than 200k gold, on the second week of wod. That was before garrisons. People were bying things like reins of poseidus for 150k in cataclysm(right now it sells for 500к). Right now 2 million gold is not so exotic number to have. And we will have 10 million goldcap in legion.
    That's how it always is in the beginning of an expac. Prices are ridiculously high because the supply is barely existant. You can make more gold in the first 3 months of an expansion than you will in the following 9 months if you play it right

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    That's the problem with the price. 2 million sounds impossible, so no one who hasn't already amassed more will try. Now 250k, that's a goal people can reach.
    i started wrath with nothing ended it with a gold cap, i made 20k in the first week buying eternal earths DE'in them and selling infinite dust/cosmic essence, sometimes people need to not focus on it and enjoy what you're doing i enjoyed making gold for the first time from nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    You realize, that mad merchant is exactly the same thing Haris Pilton was, and the prices are absolutely comparable to Burning Crusade numbers?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's how it always is in the beginning of an expac. Prices are ridiculously high because the supply is barely existant. You can make more gold in the first 3 months of an expansion than you will in the following 9 months if you play it right
    Another thought, while 2 million isn't super rare, it's alot less realistic that people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    exactly so they made the rare cards have much more value than 40 cents, that's how rarity works, well done.
    Not for them. For the buyers.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    I'd rather just see the ridiculously low drop rate mounts (from Sha, Galleon, Nalak, Oon, Ruhmar) be sold on a vendor for 2 million each (not the BMAH), and have this one be the reward for 350 mounts. None of those world boss mounts have any prestige at all (a lvl 1 can loot them...), yet collecting x amount of mounts always has a sense of achievement attached to it.

exactly what i tell everyone who wants to get rich, play on release check supply and demand and make millions the profit margin on release is always insane everyone has gold they've been hoarding ready to blow and they want these shiny new items and they don't mind spending a lot of gold on them.

end xpac everything is old, it's about to become obsolete so people don't want to spend their gold on this crap.

Really? And why so reins of poseidus are now times more expensive, than in cataclysm?

Think of it as the new spectral tiger then. Those used to go for a few thousand on EBay. If you want the mount buy it, if you don't have the resources then get them or get over it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really had that much money but that's me. I only have 60k Gold on one char
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi