Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    he sees tcg mounts as a fan sold fantasy item rofl, talk about putting a bullshit label on something to fit your own agenda.
    I got tcg pets in the auction house for 15k when many where offered at once. Now the same pet goes for 150k. Similar stuff happened with mounts. So how much is it worth? Because the mounts you buy from NPCS in the game cost always the same. The company sets the price, not some fans who gamble on the demand of other fans on rare items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Think of it as the new spectral tiger then. Those used to go for a few thousand on EBay. If you want the mount buy it, if you don't have the resources then get them or get over it.
    When I can resell the spider mount and it's a limited edition that you can't get from the NPC after while then I could buy two and sell one about a year later for 10x the price. That would be similar. But it's not similar at all.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-05-08 at 12:41 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    exactly what i tell everyone who wants to get rich, play on release check supply and demand and make millions the profit margin on release is always insane everyone has gold they've been hoarding ready to blow and they want these shiny new items and they don't mind spending a lot of gold on them.

end xpac everything is old, it's about to become obsolete so people don't want to spend their gold on this crap.
    Yeap. It's lovely to make bank, although I've never made this much gold in any other expansion. Yet the overwhelming majority of players I know have nowhere near what I'm sitting on. I stacked up all this gold so that I never have to worry about it again
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    That's how it always is in the beginning of an expac. Prices are ridiculously high because the supply is barely existant. You can make more gold in the first 3 months of an expansion than you will in the following 9 months if you play it right
    Normally this is true. WoD is the exception to the rule here since garrisons have been a money printing machine the entire time. As for mounts the only exceptions is if people sit on mounts for a long time. Something like people that have a few lvl 100 MC Rag pets to sell. The 100% chance drop items go for the most when they are new the chance on drop ones normally increase since people get tired of farming them or the source of them are removed.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightAss View Post
    Really? And why so reins of poseidus are now times more expensive, than in cataclysm?
    500k after 2 full expansions is pretty low actually. We're entering the third expansion, and it will probably end up around 750k which isn't too bad for one of the rarest mounts in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Another thought, while 2 million isn't super rare, it's alot less realistic that people make it out to be.
    Exactly, but this merchants sole reason of existance is to sink gold from people with millions in the bank. Why the fuck people feel obligated to farm 2 million? Do you feel obligated to farm gladiator title, cause it have unique mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno how its so hard to understand that this is a gold sink vendor
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Not for them. For the buyers.
    your wrong as they would sell alot of packs to have to get the card that 40 cents drives there sales though the roof making them more money then 40 cents.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normally this is true. WoD is the exception to the rule here since garrisons have been a money printing machine the entire time. As for mounts the only exceptions is if people sit on mounts for a long time. Something like people that have a few lvl 100 MC Rag pets to sell. The 100% chance drop items go for the most when they are new the chance on drop ones normally increase since people get tired of farming them or the source of them are removed.
    Good point of garrisons. I've sat back and reaped the rewards for so long that I kinda forgot about it. I don't believe Legion will be similar to WOD though

I got tcg pets in the auction house for 15k when many where offered at once. Now the same pet goes for 150k. Similar stuff happened with mounts. So how much is it worth? Because the mounts you buy from NPCS in the game cost always the same. The company sets the price, not some fans who gamble on the demand of other fans on rare items.

- - - Updated - - -

When I can resell the spider mount and it's a limited edition that you can't get from the NPC after while then I could buy two and sell one about a year later for 10x the price. That would be similar. But it's not similar at all.
    If you can't afford it don't buy it. If you can and want it make a choice one way or the other. Crying foul because you don't like the price is just silly and certainly isn't going to help anything.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    your wrong as they would sell alot of packs to have to get the card that 40 cents drives there sales though the roof making them more money then 40 cents.
    They still only get 40 cents for each card. They just made the cards more attractive to buyers. The rare card itself does not make them more money.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't afford it don't buy it. If you can and want it make a choice one way or the other. Crying foul because you don't like the price is just silly and certainly isn't going to help anything.
    Why not make every item 2 million gold in the game then? Seems for you the pricing is completely irrelevant. It isn't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightAss View Post
    Exactly, but this merchants sole reason of existance is to sink gold from people with millions in the bank. Why the fuck people feel obligated to farm 2 million? Do you feel obligated to farm gladiator title, cause it have unique mount?
    I personally did it because I realized early on that I could make an absolute ton of gold for future use with minimal effort. It realistically took 2 weeks to setup your garrison and after that it's autopilot mode. I look at it like I can grind minimal work for massive rewards for this expansion, so that in Legion I could buy any and everything I could possibly need while playing. Flasks, pots, BOEs, etc. They're all and after thought now, as long as I don't go crazy

I got tcg mounts in the auction house for 15k when many where offered at once. Now the same mount goes for 150k. So how much is it worth? Because the mounts you buy from NPCS in the game cost always the same. The company sets the price, not some fans who gamble on the demand of other fans on rare items.
    it's called inflation remember vanilla? 1000g was tons now it's nothing, epic flying was 5k gold it took ages, now it's nothing, 15k WAS a lot, now it's nothing, the mount increases in value as gold inflation increases.

mammoth in dalaran is 18k? 16k? has the price changed? no, but due to gold inflation it has changed, it got cheaper, everytime gold becomes easier to get, these items become cheaper in terms of gold value, just think of wow tokens you use to describe the value of this spider

In the EU the token sells for 85k right now. 2 milion/85k*20 €uro = 470 €uro for the mount. That's completely crazy.
    wow tokens we're selling for 30k in EU meaning you could get the mammoth for 10 euros~, now 10 euros gets you about 43k gold suddenly the same 10 euros can almost get you 3 mammoths.

see how the price in game has not changed but the value of gold changes, what items sell for in gold change, so yes static items in the game do actually change in value.

whats to say this 470 euro spider won't end up being 100 euros in the future?

I don't see these prices sticking, while I can afford it, people barely bought the Grand Expedition Yak and that was the fraction of the price. I see this mount going down into the 300k to 400k range.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    you wait... you think this is bad? If the new cap for players is 10 million gold, my biggest concern is that the BMAH cap will also be increased to 10 million gold. I know no one cares, but it will be on that day that I will be permanently retiring from wow.
    Make us a QQ I quit thread then. That is one of the more stupid reasons I have heard for quitting but it might be interesting to hear your unique point of view on how WoW has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

it's called inflation remember vanilla? 1000g was tons now it's nothing, epic flying was 5k gold it took ages, now it's nothing, 15k WAS a lot, now it's nothing, the mount increases in value as gold inflation increases. mammoth in dalaran is 18k? 16k? has the price changed? no, but due to gold inflation it has changed, it got cheaper, everytime gold becomes easier to get, these items become cheaper in terms of gold value, just think of wow tokens you use to describe the value of this spider
    And now you say the same I say. They will make it cheaper using inflation (see the titel of this topic). But this inflation needs to happen, if it doesn't then the price is crazy.

My point is, there must be smth unique and cool for every group of top tier playes. For gladiators, for world first race mythic raiders, for very reach people, for top tier challenge mod players. Why the fuck you are are trying to casualize everything? 90%+ of rewards are already mass market, why you need 100%? There must be smth in the game to strive for. Some incentive to play, and become better in any aspect.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They still only get 40 cents for each card. They just made the cards more attractive to buyers. The rare card itself does not make them more money.
    fine then your right the card is only worth 40 cents and they made it rare for no reason other then they ran out of shiny ink not to boost sales at all, but only you know the truth, even though ever one else says your wrong better keep preaching cause your the only one who will bright light to how blizzard is now charging tons of real money for a mount you don't need.

Who's idiot enough to buy that mount? If you put WOW tokens at 50k, that's 40 months of WOW play time, more than 3 years!

If you have enough gold and you consider buying that, you should seriously try to sell your gold before even think about a mount you won't even use 2 months later.

And there I thought the Yak was ridiculously overpriced.

At current prices on Illidan (US), if you're going to just buy tokens and get the mount that way - $1000 or so. That said, I imagine come xpac time we'll see those prices get even higher, so it'll be cheaper.

If you buy the gold off the black market, you're looking at about 500-600$ from a gold seller but if you buy from a raiding guild/member you can get it down to about 300-400 off the prices that some Limit and other guilds are offering on third party forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not make every item 2 million gold in the game then? Seems for you the pricing is completely irrelevant. It isn't.
    You should flop down on the ground and kick and scream when you say that. Well if you think this is as common as all other items, good news! No need to buy some common thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    At current prices on Illidan (US), if you're going to just buy tokens and get the mount that way - $1000 or so. That said, I imagine come xpac time we'll see those prices get even higher, so it'll be cheaper.

If you buy the gold off the black market, you're looking at about 500-600$ from a gold seller but if you buy from a raiding guild/member you can get it down to about 300-400 off the prices that some Limit and other guilds are offering on third party forums.
    Tokens are universal for all of NA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Who's idiot enough to buy that mount? If you put WOW tokens at 50k, that's 40 months of WOW play time, more than 3 years!

If you have enough gold and you consider buying that, you should seriously try to sell your gold before even think about a mount you won't even use 2 months later.

And there I thought the Yak was ridiculously overpriced.
    The Yak at least had function. You can only buy 36 tokens in a 24 month window so many people are capped on token time for another year. That leaves you sitting around with nothing to get for awhile.