Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Bastion is just anti-fun -.-

I have zero idea what blizzard was thinking when they implemented this champion. Yes I know he has his counters the few that exist, but trying to kill a bastion with a bunch of random people is a fucking nightmare. Trying to get everyone to group up and not run in single file only to be mowed down by his left click to win auto attack >.> And god forbid the defense team actually protects the bastion as well...have fun with that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    God, some of these people make me wish I was a woman so I could go around aborting babies all willy-nilly just to piss them off.

Agree. Torbjorn is another one. His turret shouldn't be an automatic hit. It should have a chace to miss just like any player.

15+ Year Old Account
    u could like...play with friends?
    or pick an sniper and ruin him alone?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    I have zero idea what blizzard was thinking when they implemented this champion. Yes I know he has his counters the few that exist, but trying to kill a bastion with a bunch of random people is a fucking nightmare. Trying to get everyone to group up and not run in single file only to be mowed down by his left click to win auto attack >.> And god forbid the defense team actually protects the bastion as well...have fun with that lol
    The problem isn't bastion, it is the people you are playing with. The game is new to a lot of people, what the hell do you expect? Everyone to be a super pro? Get over it. Play and if you see someone with skill send them a friend request and invite to party when you see them invite them. God forbid you might make a new friend.

/endthread
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-08 at 01:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you letting Bastion shoot you?

Flank him, use indirect fire, block his fire, most characters have a means to deal with Bastion. And if the hero you're playing doesn't, swap heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Agree. Torbjorn is another one. His turret shouldn't be an automatic hit. It should have a chace to miss just like any player.
    Do you even TF bro? Of course it is auto hit, that's the way it has been since TF1. Get over it, get better or get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    It also can't move. At all. And doesn't really do a ton of damage unless you sit there and let it shoot you. Just kill the turret.

Lol; were you the one complaining about him in my last game? :P

I seem to have a lot of success as Tracer against Bastion, just find the way around to him then riddle him up before he responds and go about your day.

When i see a Bastion/Torb nest i love to go Phara or Soldier, direct hit them with rockets and finish them with a small burst of machine gun with the latter. If there is a Rein defending i need to think a bit outside the box but they aren't the almight OP classes you think they are.... because they are just static defence in a mobility game... Just stop running in front of them over and over again and look around for flanks.....
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Bastion is fun to play when you know how to play him. And he is extremely easy to kill when you run into him, as long as you are a head's up player.

Bastion suffers from basically the hardest counters in the game. Genji, Zaraya, Junkrat, Reindhart, Pharah, Hanzo, Widow, Roadhog, all have skills that directly ruins Bastion's day. I'm sure I'm missing some. Not to mention soft counters that make it difficult for Bastion to kill pretty much all other heroes because he lacks movement and his Recon mode is weak.

Bastion isn't the issue, its you and who you are playing with.

Come on guys, we all knew it was just a matter of time before someone would make a post about bastion and torb being OP. The exact thing happened in the closed beta and people eventually got over it once they learned how to play. It does suck being on the receiving end of a good turret defense but trust me it will ultimately make you a better player when you learn how to counter them. So instead of crying about it, how about you put your big boy or girl pants on realize that you need to switch heros in this game to be any good.

- - - Updated - - -

btw pro tip, genji is the ultimate bastion counter

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    Come on guys, we all knew it was just a matter of time before someone would make a post about bastion and torb being OP. The exact thing happened in the closed beta and people eventually got over it once they learned how to play. It does suck being on the receiving end of a good turret defense but trust me it will ultimately make you a better player when you learn how to counter them. So instead of crying about it, how about you put your big boy or girl pants on realize that you need to switch heros in this game to be any good.

- - - Updated - - -

btw pro tip, genji is the ultimate bastion counter
    Well Torb and Bastion did get nerfs in closed, but really to me Bastion got a subtle buff. The increase to his speed entering a leaving turret mode makes him great for quick set-ups and mowing down a couple of unsuspecting heroes, than jump out of turret mode and run away.

Protip - you can jump off items and make pretty extreme movements while engaging turret mode. Making you hard to hit entering and allowing you to line up your shot before being able to fire.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2016-05-08 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I find Bastion fun, since most people who seems to play him are (currently) pretty terrible at dealing with other heroes' abilities, I generally:

1) Switch to Genji, if I'm not already playing him.
    2) Find where the offending Bastion is set up.
    3) Find an alternate route to get as close as possible.
    4) Throw a few shurikens to get his attention
    5) Wait for the inevitable hail of bullets to fly in my direction
    6) Press Deflection and watch him annihilate himself.

Seriously though, after playing OW for a few days now, I find I can deal with him as most of the heroes I play now much better than when I first started. Once his initial 100? ish armor is down, he goes splat pretty quickly, especially if you can flank and headshot him.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Tracer and genji both hard counter bastion
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I get rekt extremely hard whenever I play Bastion (I am a noob though); everyone focusses on Bastion and people find all kinds of ways to make you regret picking him. Flanking, flying, sniping, just approaching cautiously, etc.

The problem I think is high skill of difficult to play characters should be highly rewarding, so basically high skill = high reward.

Problem is, things like Bastion and Bjorn or whatever and the like are low skill = high reward. It shouldn't be that way for obvious reasons...

Turrets should either do less damage or have a chance to miss or shoot the target bjorn is hitting and be less automatic.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2016-05-08 at 02:21 AM.

2 arrows from hanzo and he is gone. I think he shouldn't have a self heal though

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    I get rekt extremely hard whenever I play Bastion (I am a noob though); everyone focusses on Bastion and people find all kinds of ways to make you regret picking him. Flanking, flying, sniping, just approaching cautiously, etc.
    Had that problem too when I first started playing him, so far now the only thing that stops me dead in my tracks is tracer with her ult, IF she lands it on me. If not I just move and shoot her when she rounds the corner again. >.> I try and stick with Junkrat mostly though, him and Mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

He's far, far too powerful for his role. I've watched him in his killcam's and Play of the Games basically just swirving from target to target getting kills in barely two seconds while being far apart from each other.

He's basically the Techies of Overwatch. Yes, he can be countered easily. Yes, you just dedicated a good deal of your effort to countering one person and thus allowing the rest of his team free reign to do what they came to do while you're distracted or dead.

I just got out of a game where I was on defense so I just picked Bastion because I felt like "cheating." Eight player kill streak for standing in one spot where I was easily spotted. They continuously kept trying to sneak through the same paths to kill me so I press Mouse1 at them until they stopped. Finally killed by a mercy ultimate after being zerged and the bodies got back up.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."