Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    IF they put better items on BMAH everyday other than 1 mechanopeep it would help a lot on gold sink
    If they put them on there more frequently they'd start selling for less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Even still, making a 2m gold mount is a tad ridiculous. That needs to be nerfed immediately because man it'd be really stupid to have a mount priced that high.

Even 200k is pushing it, but I'd say it's acceptable given WoD. 2m though is laughably not going to happen.
    2M is nothing as of today and if you don't believe me I could give you some tips on how we make that kind of money off the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    they do that every pvp season - gladiator mounts.
    Recolored dragons =/= one of a kind mount

Also more people get gladiator than will casually drop 2 million.

I super casually farmed the AH for 50k a week and that was basically just flipping mats, greens, and items I knew were popular transmogs.

I stopped out of sheer laziness (and because I bought everything I wanted at the time, though I need to start it back up for the Yak because I want it now for some reason).

That's super casual. I didn't bother D/Eing greens and flipping undervalued greens for DE mats, I didn't flip raw mats into crafted good when possible, I even rarely bought out entire markets (Sorry anyone powerleveling blacksmithing on stormrage back in november). Just very casually with a couple of TSM groups did 50k a week.

If you're balking at 2m gold, you're just being lazy. I at least have the decency to admit that I'm lazy.

lol 50 people, i play on tarren mill EU, the server has over 100 people who could buy that mount, probably 200 or more.
    Cool I could buy the mount too, but I'm not dropping 1/2 my gold on a spider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Maybe so and if it isn't then it's for the elite few willing to farm gold like it's their life.
    Like I can afford it, I'm just not going to spend ~1/2 my gold on a spider.

also you're not the person they are looking for with gold sinks with your pitiful amount of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

lol 50 people, i play on tarren mill EU, the server has over 100 people who could buy that mount, probably 200 or more.
    Is this one of those things were people assume they know how much gold everyone is carrying and what an 'average' gold total should be or is? I don't htink the person with 1.55M is on the low end of gold totals right now. Sure there are people with 5+mil out there but there are going to be plenty of people with low gold totals.

Also, consider this. People will be coming back to the game that didn't enjoy the glut of gold earning in this expansion. Not everyone was garrison whoring it up or selling CM runs or Mythic raid mounts/gear. So I would like Blizz to consider those types of people as well when putting things like that in the game.

The only gold to money conversion that people will see is how much gold they'd make selling a Blizz token. If they'd have to spend hundreds of dollars or more to just buy a mount then that is a BIT crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    I super casually farmed the AH for 50k a week and that was basically just flipping mats, greens, and items I knew were popular transmogs.

I stopped out of sheer laziness (and because I bought everything I wanted at the time, though I need to start it back up for the Yak because I want it now for some reason).

That's super casual. I didn't bother D/Eing greens and flipping undervalued greens for DE mats, I didn't flip raw mats into crafted good when possible, I even rarely bought out entire markets (Sorry anyone powerleveling blacksmithing on stormrage back in november). Just very casually with a couple of TSM groups did 50k a week.

If you're balking at 2m gold, you're just being lazy. I at least have the decency to admit that I'm lazy.
    50k a week would take 40 weeks just for one mount ... that isn't exactly efficient.

The vast majority of players don't have 2 mil or more specifically not a disposible 2 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    2M is nothing as of today and if you don't believe me I could give you some tips on how we make that kind of money off the AH.
    Sure 2M may be nothing for you and some of the players but not everyone in the game is garrison whoring or making shitloads of gold every day. Put it into perspective a bit. Just because you and a lot of people you know have a lot of gold does not mean that is the norm.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Recolored dragons =/= one of a kind mount

Also more people get gladiator than will casually drop 2 million.
    Considering the sheer amount of people that have been dropping 2mil+ on Mythic Archimonde Mount carries, compared to Gladiator there are a lot more Cashed up people.

Even still, making a 2m gold mount is a tad ridiculous. That needs to be nerfed immediately because man it'd be really stupid to have a mount priced that high.

Even 200k is pushing it, but I'd say it's acceptable given WoD. 2m though is laughably not going to happen.
    The yak is 100k and plenty of people have those. I know as a guild I bought each raid leader one, in part as a reward for herding cats and to make sure the raid could reforge without having to go back to town. Now if there wasn't any additional function for the yak I wouldn't have one and I wouldn't have bought any for other people. So this spider only being a spider isn't enough.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure 2M may be nothing for you and some of the players but not everyone in the game is garrison whoring or making shitloads of gold every day. Put it into perspective a bit. Just because you and a lot of people you know have a lot of gold does not mean that is the norm.
    That doesn't mean that these Items can't be exclusive to them then.

Want the item, put work into making the gold.

Deleted
    Yes and of these 50 mayhaps 3 will buy it.

ps: your oppinion != facts

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    50k a week would take 40 weeks just for one mount ... that isn't exactly efficient.

The vast majority of players don't have 2 mil or more specifically not a disposible 2 mil.
    50k a week for 5 minutes of effort a day (it'd take me less now since I could use a mage to AH mule) seems pretty damn reasonable to take 40 weeks. That's 280x5=1400mins/60=~24 hours.

24 hours over the course of 40 weeks. Yeah, that seems incredibly reasonable.

Edit: I'm saying 2m is reasonable for a guy who's never had more than 75k gold at once because I know it's my own fault/lack of effort/lack of interest that I don't have more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes and of these 50 mayhaps 3 will buy it.

ps: your oppinion != facts
    i bet you 5 million gold i can upload a screenshot of over 20 people on tarren mill EU with the spider mount one month after legion goes live and the spider mount is available to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The yak is 100k and plenty of people have those. I know as a guild I bought each raid leader one, in part as a reward for herding cats and to make sure the raid could reforge without having to go back to town. Now if there wasn't any additional function for the yak I wouldn't have one and I wouldn't have bought any for other people. So this spider only being a spider isn't enough.
    You could buy 20 yaks with the (clearly placeholder) price of the spider, FYI. You can't really compare.

PS: Yak actually has a function (transmog/repair/vendor). Spider doesn't and costs 20x more, and it's likely to eventually be a recolor of an easier-to-get version.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Is this one of those things were people assume they know how much gold everyone is carrying and what an 'average' gold total should be or is? I don't htink the person with 1.55M is on the low end of gold totals right now. Sure there are people with 5+mil out there but there are going to be plenty of people with low gold totals.
    don't need to assume on tarren mill server is packed with mega rich players

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    That doesn't mean that these Items can't be exclusive to them then.

Want the item, put work into making the gold.
    I just look at it from a returning player or newer player perspective. The only cash to gold conversion that is legal is Blizz tokens. And it would take how much cash to buy one of those items? Waaay too much. That is where I feel the prices are missing the mark. Also, it is widely believed that gold will not be as easy to come by as it is in this expansion. So those things might even be harder to come by after the BMAH and that vendor start draining some people.

I personally could afford all of the items so I'm not arguing for myself being unable to buy something, I'm looking at it from how I'd see it if I was a returning player or looking at how crap the blizz token is vs the amount of gold it would generate.

- - - Updated - - -

don't need to assume on tarren mill server is packed with mega rich players
    And I'm sure Illidan US shits on that server in gold. Some servers have plenty of rich people and many of them do not.

Least the spider isn't a fucking store mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just look at it from a returning player or newer player perspective..
    I don't care about either of those players. These things will be available to players who constantly play. I don't really care if people can't afford things if they are new. they can save up and get it next expansion.

You could buy 20 yaks with the (clearly placeholder) price of the spider, FYI. You can't really compare.

PS: Yak actually has a function (transmog/repair/vendor). Spider doesn't and costs 20x more, and it's likely to eventually be a recolor of an easier-to-get version.
    Oh I agree that the 2 million tag is absurd. I was going more off of the 200k comment. Even with that as both of us have stated the yak had function. A function that was unique to it and a few spots in certain towns. You could repair and buy some mats, vendor junk. If that wasn't enough 2 ppl could jump on and ride along. The multi seat mounts are how many people had to get their first world boss kills in Timeless Isles.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."