Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizz is trying to burn all the garrison gold they produced and all that players see, is 1000$ mount :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    i just hate the idea of making a mount only accessable by garrison farmers. especially with such a unique model. >->
    Unique mount goes in the battle.net shop: "Why is this cash only to own? Mounts should be earned in game by people who actually play!"

Unique mount is sold for gold: "Why is this mount only able to be acquired by people who actually play?!"

So glad I quit. I *might* come back for Legion, but as it stands now, I'm not overly impressed. WoD caused me to quit, I've played a bit of the alpha and honestly, find myself bored. I guess I'm just over the game. Seeing shit like this spider mount for an absurd amount of gold does not help my case on coming back.

Also, people who buy tokens in order to pay for this mount; GL. I think you're an idiot for doing so. The cost of a token $20. The current token price: 44.5k So as of right now, you would have to pay $890.00 to afford this mount - considering you started from 0 gold. If you spend that much on a mount... well... I have no words for you.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2016-05-08 at 05:58 AM.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Pretty bad way of managing gold levels. Make items cost prohibitively high and people just won't buy them, and the people who have enough gold that they wouldn't miss those levels of gold likely aren't the same people who'd even want the item in the first place.

Seems like a much better way to take gold out of the economy would be to allow people to circumvent restrictions in learning Transmogs by paying a gold value for each item their class can't learn. That way people with items they can't give to an alt to learn the appearance of can spend some gold to do so, and with the amount of items in the game, that's a lot of potential gold.

Lots of smaller gold sinks are surely more effective than singular gigantic gold sinks, aren't they?
    The idea is to remove gold from the whales of wow. You sure you want to make poor players even poorer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    For BLIZZARD they are worthless - a few bucks they made in the past. For the resellers they are a great way to get easy money. You really have a problem separating the company who released the cards from reselling fans, do you? Blizzard added the rare cards so people would buy much more cards than they need to play the Trading Card GAME. Because they just make 40 cents with each card they needed a way to make people buy much more. Rare cards that are traded are the way to sell more of those 20$ boxes to people who dig for the lucrative card (lucrative for the customer).
    Alright couple things we need to get out of the way I feel. One, Why does it bother you that blizzard put a mount in the game for 2 million? You are not being forced to buy tokens. No one is obligated to have this mount nor are they entitled to it because of a sub.

Two, If they decided tomorrow to add a mount that cost you 5 million gold that would not change anything and that would not mean that they were driving people to buy tokens. That's like saying in the past when a player could not afford the flying book or could not afford what it cost to get their first mount that Blizzard was actively trying to drive the player base to gold sellers. Which is obviously not true.

They want you to earn your gold in game doing the content and by finding interesting ways to make that gold. Weather it be by utilizing the economy or by selling rare items that net you a lot of gold, using a player driven price (which was probably derived from the median where the sale price met with the consumer's willingness to pay for said item if they based the price on the current market median).

Items in game can cost whatever blizzard wants. It's up to the player to figure out how to achieve them. They have no obligation to keep it reasonable or fair in any shape or form. The fact that they don't have a mount that cost 10 million gold each expansion just to give players something to work towards of the course of the lifetime of the game is Blizzard being nice and reasonable. Mounts are not meant to always be affordable or easily achievable. Even one that cost gold.

I could never buy the repair mammoth, so? that's life. I did not feel like spending the money nor did I want to spend that kind of money on that mount. Same goes for the really cool looking chopper they added. But at the same time I am willing to spend gold on getting upgraded heirlooms for my alts...It is your choice. And your time. You get to choose how you decide to spend it. Blizzard is not always trying to grab money because they decided to make an item harder to get.

But do remember that at the moment Blizzard does have a large Minority at the moment being very vocal about how WOW should go back to being the way it used to be when it took a lot longer to get items and achieve things. All these things play a role on how things are developed.

Also lets talk about the tcg cards that you were referring to in your posts. I'm not sure why you think blizzard does not actually care about those cards or why you feel they are worth 40 cents a card. Maybe you feel they are worth 40 cents a card because they resell for $20 dollars a box. But that does not mean that is what it cost Blizzard to make the cards. Did you think they gave the artist 40 cents or less an hour to make those? Of course not. The actual price of what it cost to actually make those is probably far higher then you can imagine. But they can't sell the product for that price now can they. They have to make their money back on quantity. A rare card could end up costing you a lot more in boxes then it would actually sell for. However depending on when you got it and weather or not it became rarer over time it could end up being worth more then what it cost you to get it. Either way the price of an individual card is not 40 cents. It may be what you paid for it if you got it in your first box. But that doesn't mean the card is actually worth 40 cents. And when you went to sell it most people look at what similar items are selling for and how much the previous went for. Prices change over time as the item becomes rarer and rarer.

I think your point was that the item on the vendor does not have this flucuation because it is tied to a blizzard vendor in game. The mount will not change in rarity nor will it change in value as it will always cost 2 million gold no matter what. However, what you forgot about was the overall economy and your particular situation as it plays to it. Just because the cost for the mount doesn't change that does not mean that the value does not. For instance, if tomorrow the WOW token were to cost $1 dollar to the gold valuation it currently has how much would it cost you to get this mount? and how much easier would it be? Would that then create the same outrage in you as it does now? If for instance, tomorrow blizzard decided that they wanted change how much you got from doing quests and they awarded you 10k for each quest you completed. How would that make you feel about that mount then? What would be the value of the mount then? both examples have been given to show you that the value of the mount can still change without the cost of the mount itself changing. I was simply trying to show you how in effect this mount correlates to the tcg mount in both value and cost. While the item's cost will not change for the foreseeable future the value the mount has to you will based on how hard it was for you to be able to attain it.

While you are technically correct that a player driven price is not the same as a fixed price that blizzard has instituted for an item in game, what you are willing to do to attain this mount is what aligns you with those who are willing to pay to get a rare mount. It is this that makes this mount the same as a tcg rare mount. Just because Blizzard put a set price for now does not mean it is suppose to be a common mount. It could be that Blizzard wanted the mount to be rare and thus only those who choose to find a way to purchase it can. Everyone else can enjoy the many other mounts that blizzard will add into the game.
    Last edited by Nekoyou; 2016-05-08 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    The idea is to remove gold from the whales of wow. You sure you want to make poor players even poorer?
    I simply question the wisdom of putting in highly expensive collection items players who play to collect things won't be able to afford in an attempt to wrest gold from the hands of those who are unlikely to spend gold on such items. The fact they have so much gold to begin with suggests they aren't interested in collections to begin with.

If I had the power to change the game utterly, I'd propose a system where "gold" is replaced with a new currency each expansion, and each subsequent expansion the latest expansion's currency converts to gold. For example, any new items purchased in Legion require a currency earned in place of gold, which means everyone starts from zero at the start of the expansion. Prices can be brought down to compensate. Next expansion, the Legion currency converts to gold, and the process starts over.

This would also encourage the spending of currency, because it's not going to be worthwhile hoarding for the future. At the moment, people won't buy expensive mounts because they feel they might need it for more awesome items in the future. Under this system, once the final patch of an expansion goes up, there's no reason to hold onto the expansion's currency since it won't buy anything in the next one. It would also encourage the spending of gold, because as a previous expansion currency there's no reason to continue to hoard it, so why not go buy a bunch of fun items?

The only problem I immediately see would be how the Auction House interfaces with such a system. Unless each expansion also got its own Auction House on which only goods relevant to that expansion could be listed and bought with that expansion's currency, and Gold was used on an AH for older items with redundant expansion AH's being connected each other, there'd be quite a convoluted system to handle.

Plus there's the fact that a lot of people think since they earned the gold they should be able to keep it going forward. Also the fact this system would cause havoc with the Token system, I guess.

I don't see what issue people have with this. New expansion, new mount gold sink. This has always been the case and the price reflects gold inflation. All you doomsayers need to look at the prior expansions if you feel a need to suddenly take offense to Blizzard doing what it has always done. If you want to go out of your way and spend real money to get it. Cool. You could have done that for everything else the game has released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I simply question the wisdom of putting in highly expensive collection items players who play to collect things won't be able to afford in an attempt to wrest gold from the hands of those who are unlikely to spend gold on such items. The fact they have so much gold to begin with suggests they aren't interested in collections to begin with.

If I had the power to change the game utterly, I'd propose a system where "gold" is replaced with a new currency each expansion, and each subsequent expansion the latest expansion's currency converts to gold. For example, any new items purchased in Legion require a currency earned in place of gold, which means everyone starts from zero at the start of the expansion. Prices can be brought down to compensate. Next expansion, the Legion currency converts to gold, and the process starts over.

This would also encourage the spending of currency, because it's not going to be worthwhile hoarding for the future. At the moment, people won't buy expensive mounts because they feel they might need it for more awesome items in the future. Under this system, once the final patch of an expansion goes up, there's no reason to hold onto the expansion's currency since it won't buy anything in the next one. It would also encourage the spending of gold, because as a previous expansion currency there's no reason to continue to hoard it, so why not go buy a bunch of fun items?

The only problem I immediately see would be how the Auction House interfaces with such a system. Unless each expansion also got its own Auction House on which only goods relevant to that expansion could be listed and bought with that expansion's currency, and Gold was used on an AH for older items with redundant expansion AH's being connected each other, there'd be quite a convoluted system to handle.

Plus there's the fact that a lot of people think since they earned the gold they should be able to keep it going forward. Also the fact this system would cause havoc with the Token system, I guess.
    I'll buy it day one. Because I can and I my system of gold generation will persist past the whole garrison thing, which I didn't participate in.
    It's an almost 12 year old game with millions of players across a few regions. Numbers like this were bound to happen.

As for your idea, I'll immediately call it out as ridiculous. Knowing that currency itself will have no value at the start of each expansion, wealth will be determined by resources, we'll easily convert gold into goods and trade our resources for the current currency. Tah dah.

Under the presumption that these prices are to remove gold from circulation (it's pretty obviously so), the mount prices and the raise in gold cap are extremely simple and effective approaches. You're suggesting a system that needs to be rethought and reiterated, which is a waste of time and far more confusing for players.

Even if you think that 2 million is overkill. Such mount must be at least in the 500k(reins of poseidus) to 1million(any bmah mount, artificial limitation) window at the current gold inflation realities. For 99% of you there is no difference between 750к and 2 million, so why you give a fuck?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people still equating Gold->real life $

It is such a stupid as hell thing to do. it's like saying "OMG SOMEONE BOUGHT OUT T3 SHOULDERS ON BMAH FOR $500!!"

No they didn't, they bought it with gold in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I don't see what issue people have with this. New expansion, new mount gold sink. This has always been the case and the price reflects gold inflation. All you doomsayers need to look at the prior expansions if you feel a need to suddenly take offense to Blizzard doing what it has always done. If you want to go out of your way and spend real money to get it. Cool. You could have done that for everything else the game has released.
    Doomsayers gonna doomsay bro.

Deleted
    I'll just get the inevitable recolor of this mount off some faction vendor later in Legion.

Thing is, while I don't expect to be buying this early on (I actually could just barely afford it, but I plan to spend most of my gold on raid prep anyway), it's not gonna go anywhere. I could see this as an obtainable long-term target similar to the Grand Yak which I bought around when ToT was coming out and took a lot of effort at the time to obtain since I've never been an AH junkie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The yak is 100k and plenty of people have those. I know as a guild I bought each raid leader one, in part as a reward for herding cats and to make sure the raid could reforge without having to go back to town. Now if there wasn't any additional function for the yak I wouldn't have one and I wouldn't have bought any for other people. So this spider only being a spider isn't enough.
    The Grand Yak is 120K not 100K...and only Attained by 19% of profiles in WoW...not even 1/4 of the players.

Not more ludicrous than 120k Yak in MoP tbh.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    The Grand Yak is 120K not 100K...and only Attained by 19% of profiles in WoW...not even 1/4 of the players.
    19%? so still over a million people. So rare bruh.

Only 2million? I have too much gold from garrisons. Give me more gold sinks.

Well, I have around 6 million gold, and you can be sure I won't waste 1/3 of that for a stupid spider mount.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

They could just put Platina in, and that would make gold obsolete. With that, they could pricetag max level items in a way where new players coming into the game won't die in shock after looking at the 2 million price tag, and people whohave accumulated 10-30 million gold would be still not the kings. Tahtway we wouldnt need 9.999.999 cap. But blizz again chose the worse option. :/ People who are sitting on 10-30 million gold are hoarders, not spenders. Guilds who are boosting for gold won't buy the spider mount, they will buy gear from the BMAH/AH. This gold sink targets the wrong people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    In the EU the token sells for 85k right now. 2 milion/85k*20 €uro = 470 €uro for the mount. That's completely crazy.
    And then there's the ppl with no life and no self respect that claim they make 1M every few weeks with the garrison etc and don't give a shit about gold because they're capped on multiple characters. Personally I think they made a huge mistake giving ppl a tool to make so much money for just a fraction of the player base because now we need 2M spider mounts to try and address the problem when most players have at most a couple hundred k to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    They could just put Platina in, and that would make gold obsolete. With that, they could pricetag max level items in a way where new players coming into the game won't die in shock after looking at he 2 million price, and people who ahve accumulated 10-30 million gold would be still not the kings. Tahtway we wouldnt need 9.999.999 cap. But blizz again chose the worse option. :/ People who are sitting on 10-30 million gold are hoarders, not spenders. Guilds who are boosting for gold won't buy the spider mount, they will buy gear from the BMAH/AH. This gold sink targets the wrong people.
    Also, this.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I don't see the problem with it tbh. Seeing as some people play the game purely to make gold, this also gives them something to work towards, much like raiders and pvpers have unique ways of getting mounts. I think its a good idea to put some stuff in the game that not the entire player base can get. It creates goals and a reason for people to keep playing.