Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well sounds to me like she hit him first and he retaliated. Nothing to see here, shes not dead. Just another domestic dispute. If shes got any brains she would leave his drunk ass. If she decides to stay then shes an idiot cuz it will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Well, I disagree with that view, and I'm living my life happily in a western country.

And if the law ever disagrees with me and wants to punish me for it, I'll give it the middle finger and the law can do whatever they want to me then, but I will never ever change my opinion on the fact that it's nobody's goddamn business what goes on in the intimate relationship between two people that love eachother.
    Are you going out of your way to avoid using the word "consent" ?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Well sounds to me like she hit him first and he retaliated. Nothing to see here, shes not dead. Just another domestic dispute. If shes got any brains she would leave his drunk ass. If she decides to stay then shes an idiot cuz it will happen again.
    Revenge in the context is a crime, and can't even be twisted in any way into "self defense".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is or isn't abuse people need to decide for themselves. Not let nanny society and it's SJW views wag it's finger.
    In the eyes of feminists telling a woman she looks pretty is already abuse, rape and aggresive... You know what I mean?
    We're not talking about that, though. And you know that. You're trying to equate this to stupid shit like someone saying a woman is pretty being "abuse." That isn't what we're talking about here at all, and it's shitty if you to try to derail and distract by trying to pretend it is.

We're talking about someone putting his hands on their partner, and using those hands to hit said partner, even when the partner begs them to stop. And, from the sounds of it, possibly sexually assaulting said partner, as well. And that is unacceptable and absolutely should be investigated thoroughly. Because what happens between two people in the bounds of their relationship becomes the business of other people when one partner is beating the shit out out of and/or raping the other one. That is everyone's business.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Not at all. I think consent is very important. You can't tell from an audio-clip wether there was consent or not though... or wether or not it might've just been a stupid mistake and that they're both more than willing to work through it instead of having social media and outsiders nosey their relationship to shit.
    So should couples be able to do drugs and deal them to schools without anyone interfering? Because "that's their private business"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Well, I disagree with that view, and I'm living my life happily in a western country.

And if the law ever disagrees with me and wants to punish me for it, I'll give it the middle finger and the law can do whatever they want to me then, but I will never ever change my opinion on the fact that it's nobody's goddamn business what goes on in the intimate relationship between two people that love eachother.
    So, you can't be certain that there was no consent, but you are certain they both love each other? Please refrain from making such assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Bolded is debatable, in the video she states that he started it, while he claims later that she did.

Basically it's "he said, she said" in regards to who started it, although who started it is irrelevant as to whether what happened later is an appropriate response (it's not).

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what to say, but ... I disagree because of personal experiences.
    I find it kindof amazing that you're admitting to assault on a public forum. Not just once in this thread, but several times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What is wrong with you? Is yelling at a person who just hit you a crime or something? Do you want MRA's to not be taken seriously?

Xarim's pretty MRA-ish but he's got enough class not to sink to this level.
    I'm not a MRA, just an anti-feminist (titled misogynist-king)

Nonetheless, that sounded like abuse

Abuse is abuse, regardless of gender, police need to step in when things get out of control like this (especially with alcohol involved)

I have some experience with kink and yes, theatrical displays like this do occur, but this doesn't seem like a scene

Also... I thought Furitrix was a girl? I get confused with all the avatars, not that it matters, next I'll find out Linadra or Celista is a dude

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what to say, but ... I disagree because of personal experiences.

Investigated /if/ there is questionable public knowledge about it? Sure. But even then it feels so childish to have the kindergarten teacher come and make sure the kids are playing nice. Seriously. I'd rather people just mind their own business and that people get educated well enough and made aware well enough to go seek help when they need it, instead of expecting society to coddle them.
    Spousal abuse being investigated is childish? Spousal rape being illegal is childish?

Who are you and what did you do with the person I thought I knew? You're coming across as a total creep.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You should probably make it clearer next time, consider bitch almost always refers to a female. Like, use bastard or something.
    Nah, it was actually easy to infer from the context if you bothered to read it rather than let the outrage boil to your head preemptively.

Read it again, you were wrong for reading it incorrectly and then making assumption. Nothing wrong with how he formulated his post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Because spreading this shit on Social Media to let everyone get in a circlejerk frenzy about things that "might" have or "allegedly" happened instead of reporting it to Police is such a better route.

Not saying the guy isn't a cunt, but people trying to guess what is happening and making up stupid theories is why shit like this escalates far more than it needs to.
    I get what you mean, but it's not like someone else spread it for them. It happened on Twitch - they effectively broadcast it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Do we really need to turn this into some gender-based shit? Can't we just say, "hey some people need help sometimes, no matter their gender", whether or not this should apply to the video/audio?
    Agreed. If a guy is getting beat up by a man, woman, etc. offer help.

If a girl is getting beat up by a man, woman, etc. offer help.

When the situation calms down, you can go and try and clear down what exactly happened and what should be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't think this could've been any more lopsided sexist if you tried. So in your situation, no matter what, the woman is always in the right. Way to go, you sexist ass.
    Another person who lacks reading comprehension.

Re-read it, and stop flying off the handle based on your own sexist assumptions.

If she started it by hitting him first. Bitch, keep your hands to yourself, sentence served.

If he started it by hitting her first. Bitch, keep your hands to yourself. Lock his ass up for assault for a while.

You guys are too eager to bitch about sexism, and would rather make assumptions than actually read what is being posted.

It's quite obvious if you combine "bitch keep your hands to yourself" and "lock his ass up for assault for a while.", that he referred to the dude as the bitch.

This is not rocket science. It's basic context.

I think you're really just misunderstanding my point of view on the matter. Trust me, there isn't an inch on my body that has abused anyone or agrees with actual abuse of people, eg. the kind where one of the partners is actually made unhappy by how he or she is treated. That is real abuse, anything else is just illusions of abuse.
    But you are saying that it is not "actual abuse" when the person being abused didn't ask for help. Sad thing is, even in 2016 a lot of people are unable to do that.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

It really is disturbing to me that someone would defend abuse at all, but its equally as disturbing that someone could hear an audio clip and surmise that rape occurred, or that someone "beat the shit" out of someone.

To me it sounds like he slapped her a few times and she was crying. That was it. It doesn't sound like rape, and it doesn't sound like he beat the shit out of her, or kicked her teeth in or anything crazy.

Regardless of what happened, i am glad that the internet detectives are right onto the case to hang him from the nearest tree instead of letting the real law enforcement deal with him and potentially her if she started it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    That's the equivalent to saying if you see a person getting the shit kicked out of them, you should just "not interfere" - not call the cops, not try to stop them - even though it's fucking illegal because the victim hasn't specifically asked for help.

Really? Because where I'm from, if you know something illegal is going on, and you don't report it, you have committed a crime, too.
    For a moment I thought I partially agreed with what he was saying (then he said the "Sometimes women cry, only to moments later feel all content and satisfied about the fact they've been made to cry by their man..." bit and I facepalmed). But even with that being said, there's still some truth to that particular post, regardless of his weird reason as to why. If you just suspect that a person you know suffers from domestic violence and you don't have any hard data, your interference may tip off the perpetrator and cause him to escalate (not saying you should do nothing). So in that context, saying that "there is a pretty fat chance you won't actually be helping her at all. The opposite, rather." has some truth to it.

Of course, in a case like the one from the OP, you have reasonable suspicion to interfere. Especially the government, since in most countries they don't need the potential victim's blessing (and are obligated) to issue proceedings when they are alerted of a potential crime happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

.... when you'd rather try to work it out yourself?
    And as I said, some people are unable to do that, no matter how much they want to.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    For a moment I thought I partially agreed with what he was saying (then he said the "Sometimes women cry, only to moments later feel all content and satisfied about the fact they've been made to cry by their man..." bit and I facepalmed). But even with that being said, there's still some truth to that particular post, regardless of his weird reason as to why. If you just suspect that a person you know suffers from domestic violence and you don't have any hard data, your interference may tip off the perpetrator and cause him to escalate (not saying you should do nothing). So in that context, saying that "there is a pretty fat chance you won't actually be helping her at all. The opposite, rather." has some truth to it.

Of course, in a case like the one from the OP, you have reasonable suspicion to interfere. Especially the government, since in most countries they don't need the potential victim's blessing (and are obligated) to issue proceedings when they are alerted of a potential crime happening.
    I was completely referring to actually involving the police, not interfering myself (unless something was literally happening in front of me). But to suggest that we shouldn't even investigate such a situation has me flabbergasted.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Is he raping her too from the sounds of it? :/

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I was completely referring to actually involving the police, not interfering myself (unless something was literally happening in front of me). But to suggest that we shouldn't even investigate such a situation has me flabbergasted.
    Ah, sorry, I must have misread your comments. And yes, as I sort of said already, with that I agree 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    This whole thing sounds fishy.
    I can't hear any hits and the woman is just crying uncontrollably for (what appears to be) no reason.
    I'm out.
    I don't know if you've ever been in a fight, but punches and beating don't make a lot of sound. Most assume they do because of Hollywood.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.