Tainan Jungle & Retr

Hi,

Retr is the last toon I got to 100 and in full 710 (740) PvP gear .. The others are Feral / Shadow / Fury / SV / DK Frost .. Retr is the weakest of them all .. I use the healing ranged body guard on all my toons and every single build other than Retr can easilly keep HP and kill speed up .. Frost is just crazy self healing and Shadow never drops below 65% HP regardless of what I pull and Feral is equally as potent .. Retr outside of Wings simply takes far too long to kill!

Rotation is PvE DPS prioraty ... Again this is only with elites and multiple elites at once .. even Shadow can pull 2 or 3 elites .. frost and feral and fury do it with ease ..

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Hi,

Retr is the last toon I got to 100 and in full 710 (740) PvP gear .. The others are Feral / Shadow / Fury / SV / DK Frost .. Retr is the weakest of them all .. I use the healing ranged body guard on all my toons and every single build other than Retr can easilly keep HP and kill speed up .. Frost is just crazy self healing and Shadow never drops below 65% HP regardless of what I pull and Feral is equally as potent .. Retr outside of Wings simply takes far too long to kill!

Rotation is PvE DPS prioraty ... Again this is only with elites and multiple elites at once .. even Shadow can pull 2 or 3 elites .. frost and feral and fury do it with ease ..
    It's because you're not good at retribution. js.
    I've never had this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Namoney View Post
    So your Retr whos in full PvP gear kills just as fast 2-3 elites as would your Fury/DK/Shadow/Feral that are also in full PvP gear as well as ends the 'fight' with near full HP?

DPS 2xk - 3xk
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-05-08 at 01:17 PM.

Well there are 2 things: 1) Ret is worst dps class in PvP current and last season for a good reason, other classes have higher sustain and higher survival than us. 2) For PvE Ret needs the Archi trinket and the set bonuses for 3 wings, then i believe (since i dont pve, i am a pvper) Ret does just fine in pve

What you said is true, other specs can kill things faster; however, you as Ret should not die to 3 elites in full conquest pvp gear, i think you are doing an optimum PVE rotation without considering a simple fact, you are not in a raid, u dont have a tank or a healer with you, you gotta think about self healing and dmg output, how to make those 2 most efficient. personally i remember pulling a rare 102 elite tiger in a cave with two normal elites, it took me some times + some pots but i had no issues killing them in my full pvp gear.

P.S. Ret can faceroll his keyboard and still beat shadow 100% of the time 1v1, shadow is pretty soft vs melee 1v1, Ret is one of the best dps classes for Wpvp or 1v1 ; hence, you should still down those mobs easy , but it will take you a bit longer than other specs who have better dps.

So your Retr whos in full PvP gear kills just as fast 2-3 elites as would your Fury/DK/Shadow/Feral that are also in full PvP gear as well as ends the 'fight' with near full HP?

DPS 2xk - 3xk
    Yes. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...f/Palna/simple
    this paladin was doing 20k dps in heroic dungeons gear at the start of the expansion.

Do note: Class trinket is terrible for open world content unless you're just killing a single rare then leaving.
    Also, haven't touched tanaan on this toon since I got his ring/ Infact, he's been standing infront of black market auction house for about 2 months now.

Do note that's not conquest gear. Mostly honor, but he kills stuff just as fast as my shaman and my rogue, and my dk who are all in full conquest gear.
    Last edited by Zahlen; 2016-05-09 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namoney View Post
    Main problem: Paladin DPS is gated behind cooldowns and Tier Set bonuses. Without them, you kill things way faster with other classes.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Main problem: Paladin DPS is gated behind cooldowns and Tier Set bonuses. Without them, you kill things way faster with other classes.
    OK thanks .. Too bad ..

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I wouldn't say that entirely.
    It's about half true, but no ret should be killing 2-3 elites slower than a feral.

Deleted
    Sustain should be fine with supplication procs and if you feel you're not doing enough damage get stacks from the green goo.

Quote Originally Posted by liangdar View Post
    Sustain should be fine with supplication procs and if you feel you're not doing enough damage get stacks from the green goo.
    Or he can get a pvp item from coliseum which can be used anywhere in wod: increase dmg by 75%, health by 75% and despite the tooltip which says "reduced healing by 100%" u can actually heal urself.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=118904/unleashed-mania

I use that for 1v5 dragon slayers (or annoying Blood DK if i want to burn him under 20 sec), but it can be used for pulling massive elite grps, combined with wings and legendary ring, it does wonders.

Hi,

Not enough haste on the PVP gear.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use the Tank Bodyguard and can kill everything fast and easily.

Can solo everything but Kazzak in Tanaan with it. Often go to the elite Arrakoa area and pull 2-3 packs at a time.