Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    S
    I reside on a now low-med (normally med) pop realm
    That is a good thing, since prices on such servers are usually higher and remain high a lot longer.

The larger the server the more sellers, the more undercutting the competition.
    Example, Felblight
    On the high pop realms that item crashed below 50g a pop already now.
    On mid/low pop realms it still holds at around 80g
    And that's really just a random current item. Almost everything costs more on smaller realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that sounds about right, I make 300-350k a month. But then again I only do it on one account 7 garrisons, while when you go to a garrison topic, people claim to make 20-30k a day solely from missions after the nerf. Then you start to wonder......................
    They are lying, outright lying.
    That is not possible, period.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I reside on a now low-med (normally med) pop realm with only 2 guilds like that. But the thing is, garrisons also generated a lot of max level alts with max professions. That means everyone will craft for themselves. We will see.
    True, but there's a lot of players that are lazy so they would rather buy the item outright than level up an alt to max their trade skill. That's how most goblins are able to make their money, for example people that buy a vendor item for 10 x the price just because they cba leaving the AH, lol. Also a lot of raiders made their money from boosting (raids, CM's, mythics, Coliseum) and do not have an army of alts to fall back on.

This is one of the positives from WoD's gold inflation, it's the same thing with lottery winners, they do not know the value of gold and are willing to spend it faster than they accumulated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i think they change this prices and the thing with bags is not so extrem with legion because take me as exampel all of my bank bags are full of trans mogg even in my bags i have transmogg and i have everywhere 30 size bags even in the bank in legion all of this is gone and i have sooooooo much place idk what to do with it so like you see no need for big bags .
    It just doesn't seem like the bag will do anything towards getting rid of money when two extra spaces isn't exactly worth 500k, especially when tailors will probably be making the same size. At least the Gigantique Bag was the biggest at the time, it being 20 and the biggest you could make was 18. For 500k 10+ slots would at least make it interesting in the "no way to get so much space except to buy it", making it feel special at least.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    you wait... you think this is bad? If the new cap for players is 10 million gold, my biggest concern is that the BMAH cap will also be increased to 10 million gold. I know no one cares, but it will be on that day that I will be permanently retiring from wow.
    Yeah its gonna be really bad, I still didnt have the chance to get my warrior t3 shoulders because everyone instantly bids 954k or something.

Deleted
    The kind of people who can afford 2m for a mount are the same kind of people who rather not spend that much money on a mount.
    There is a reason they are so damn rich :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because, I dunno. Generally it's fun for the average Joe to be able to work towards osmething they like that through gameplay, not playing the auction house or endless grinding.

Also, do you really want to imply that there is a lack of things for the "filthy rich" to get?

Oh yes, those poor filthy rich, Blizzard just keeps ignoring their pleas for things to do; they sit on their piles of golds for days, weeks, months, just craving things to do with all of their gold, and now even those darned plebs want to get their dirty hands on an overpriced mount!? THE ENTITLEMENT! Expecting things to be gained through gameplay rather than facebook-like Auction House playing!
    Who the fuck cares. It's ONE MOUNT. You can get plently of other shit, it's OK that some things aren't acessible for everyone, especially something like cosmetics. There's probably gonna be a recolor from dailies or from the shop either way, so don't you worry

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Who the fuck cares. It's ONE MOUNT. You can get plently of other shit, it's OK that some things aren't acessible for everyone, especially something like cosmetics. There's probably gonna be a recolor from dailies or from the shop either way, so don't you worry
    Enough people seem to care. It's not just a random hippo recolour. It's an unique mount, so that makes its inaccessibility to anyone but the 1-ish % pretty frustrating.

That said, even from a practical standpoint, this mount will probably fail at what it was made to do: be a goldsink. If only very few piss away 2M, it's less effective than if a lot of people pissed away 200K or something.

To be honest, I don't quite understand the whine around this mount.

You can farm 2 million gold even before prepatch hits live servers.

You also have an option to just legally buy gold and purchase yourself that mount if you desire so. Which, I bet, would be the most used option, thus leading to lowering gold prices on wowtoken, which is awesome as well.

You can be like me as well, and just DGAF about this mount, despite having both real money and gold required to buy it. Me personally just don't find it attractive or useful, just like I haven't bought Champion chopper, because it is neither useful nor beatiful.

Win/win for everybody. Why so whiny? O_o
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Before WoD, the most I ever had was ~30k. With Garrisons it was 200k.
    2 million sounds beyond impossible.
    then this mount if not for you - there are hundred other mountswhich you can farm but not this one - this one is for rich ah players. good move from blizz finally goldmakers will have unique reward.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That means 660k gold per month. (from May to end of July)

Edit: farm what exactly? Just want to be on the same (most likely magical book) page. Which also means anyone can do that, even without garrisons, right?
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-08 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    They can but they don't work as such since the amount of gold you take out of the system that way is irrelevant small. Gold rich players will not make themself poor because they can't resist to buy overpriced cosmetic items. That's not how you get rich, stay rich and the whole gold system works. The only gold sinks that work are mandatory ones (repair costs) and inflation (gold only with 1/xx that it was before).
    Then let Blizzard implement it. If it doesn't work they will likely not care of adjust the price.

Deleted
    Enough people seem to care. It's not just a random hippo recolour. It's an unique mount, so that makes its inaccessibility to anyone but the 1-ish % pretty frustrating.

That said, even from a practical standpoint, this mount will probably fail at what it was made to do: be a goldsink. If only very few piss away 2M, it's less effective than if a lot of people pissed away 200K or something.
    And? So what if it's the only mount with this look? This is not a problem. It's OK anyone can't get everything. There's gonna be shit ton of other mounts/pets etc you can collect

Edit: farm what exactly? Just want to be on the same (most likely magical book) page. Which also means anyone can do that, even without garrisons, right?
    That's just as stupid as saying "Hey, anyone can buy a Ferrari even without working a single day in life, right?"

Of course not, you have to have 11 garrisons running, play on AH and farm Cata 25 heroic raids weekly. Or just hardcore play on AH. Which, yes, anyone can do.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-08 at 11:17 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

And? So what if it's the only mount with this look? This is not a problem. It's OK anyone can't get everything. There's gonna be shit ton of other mounts/pets etc you can collect
    Your argument essentially comes down to "Stop caring about thing."

It's shit game design if you lock unique, interesting mounts behind shit like this and give typical players the same ol' stuff.

It's shit game design to give people cool, unique stuff for probably not even really playing the game in many cases, but just spending days playing the AH like it's a facebook game instead.

Also, how many times do we have to say "it's okay for not everyone to be able to get thing." before we have enough things that are specially made for a tiny part of the playerbase? While said bigger part of the playerbase can probably play with a moose mount.

That's just as stupid as saying "Hey, anyone can buy a Ferrari even without working a single day in life, right?"

Of course not, you have to have 11 garrisons running, play on AH and farm Cata 25 heroic raids weekly. Or just hardcore play on AH.
    Isn't it funny that you seemingly speak to everyone/anyone in this game who can do it easily, but what you really mean is if you are the 1-2% of the playerbase, who know exactly how much they can do in the last 3 months anyways because they have been doing it for 2 years now?

Deleted
    Your argument essentially comes down to "Stop caring about thing."

It's shit game design if you lock unique, interesting mounts behind shit like this and give typical players the same ol' stuff.

It's shit game design to give people cool, unique stuff for probably not even really playing the game in many cases, but just spending days playing the AH like it's a facebook game instead.

Also, how many times do we have to say "it's okay for not everyone to be able to get thing." before we have enough things that are specially made for a tiny part of the playerbase? While said bigger part of the playerbase can probably play with a moose mount.
    No my arguement is that you shouldn't be able to get EVERYTHING. It's OK some things are out of reach, or are so hard to obtain that you will have to set yourself on a journey in order to get said things. I'm tired of people expecting to be able to get everything instantly.

You don't seem to understand the concept of a collection. The goal is to complete it some day.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Blizzard realized they generated way too much money. There is too much gold in the game. They introduce gold sinks, make gold harder to get.
    I think they're looking in a deflation. But it's not enough. They should find a gold sink that everyone is interested in.
    like let me buy artifact upgrades with gold
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

No my arguement is that you shouldn't be able to get EVERYTHING. It's OK some things are out of reach, or are so hard to obtain that you will have to set yourself on a journey in order to get said things. I'm tired of people expecting to be able to get everything instantly.
    This is where you jumped the shark. If you really can't see a middle ground between "getting everything instantly" and having cool things require you to be part of the 1% that spends days simply playing the AH and nothing more, then you won't ever grasp the argument. Nor will you be able to change anyone's opinion.

For sellrun seller and people with dozen of lvl 100 gold-making garrison chars, 2 mio gold is a joke. For the rest, this mount remains to be a dream, if Legion doesn't throw more gold down the rathhole than WoD.