Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    im not bitching im just stating the obvious

I wasn't really expecting the park to be rebuilt exactly the same. Things change, sometimes for good, sometimes bad. I'm not overly fond of what the Goblins did to Org but it's not like I go there much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    typical wow community they bring storwind park back but you bitch about it cos its not the same as pre cataclysm, seriously i feel sorry for blizzard sometimes, i bet if blizz gave you 1 million dollars you would still moan that its not in £20 notes
    Do you need to think that I would? Does it make you feel good about yourself to say it?

If they gave me a million dollars in 20 pound notes I would be confused, more than anything else.

I don't mind it. Things change, it doesn't need to be an exact replica of the original, that would be absolutely boring. You want an area surrounded by a maze of purple buildings with no doors, and has lots of grass (which is absurd considering there was more building than grass in the old park, and this one has plenty of grass, which is a weird complaint anyways)? Sit in mage district, it even has an inn like the old park. I for one like the asymmetry and think this park serves it's purpose as a park just fine. Besides, let's not forget that Stormwind already has a much larger forested area complete with 2 lakes, houses, and a graveyard, all of which are infinitely more of a park than the pre-cata district and it's new version combined.

Could they make it a little bigger? Maybe, but although this new park is small, perhaps that's because all the ground the pre-cata one stood on has collapsed into the flipping ocean, leaving nothing but a charred cliff face that's been on fire for the past 5-8 years. Also the old park was relatively small to begin with.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2016-05-07 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I wasn't really expecting the park to be rebuilt exactly the same. Things change, sometimes for good, sometimes bad. I'm not overly fond of what the Goblins did to Org but it's not like I go there much anyway.
    The goblins built Orgrimmar in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The goblins built Orgrimmar in the first place
    I'm talking about the goblin slums, not Org as a whole. I should have specified that.

I don't know if anyone brought this up yet or not, but for some reason Soulare of Andorhol is standing behind the grave looking into the ocean.

Maybe it's just for people who didn't get his toy during WoD, but I tried praising him and he didn't do anything.
    Last edited by Biotec; 2016-05-07 at 11:49 PM.

I think it could do with being a bit larger and using that space for more green, but otherwise I think it's pretty cool. Lots of people treat graveyards as public parks - they could've pulled that off if it was a bit bigger with a higher green:stone ratio.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, makes size makes sense considering the land had been partially destroyed, can't take up the same amount of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    I don't know if anyone brought this up yet or not, but for some reason Soulare of Andorhol is standing behind the grave looking into the ocean.

Maybe it's just for people who didn't get his toy during WoD, but I tried praising him and he didn't do anything.
    I would be interested to know if you /tired him would he give people the Wayfarer's Bonfire toy who do not yet have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just logged into the beta to look.

I love it. It's tasteful, a reminder that things have changed. A dedication to the fallen. I'm happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

I voiced an opinion. All the complaining is ironically coming from everyone else.
    Voicing an opinion is done by giving valid arguments, most people here are just complaining about nothing. The more I read mmo-champ (and other sources), the more I realise its not the WoW community that is toxic, its only the mmo-champ community who is.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I feel like it would have been smart if they called it the "memorial district". Add a memorial to those who lived in the old park, add one to the war against Garrosh, and one for the old kingdom of Stormwind. Make it a museum district, almost, a reminder of the cities' history.
    Well, there is a memorial wall as well with writing (names) all over it. Presumably, those are all names of those that have died due to the Legion at the Broken Shore. Though, I do agree they should have made a bit more there for all the other wars where, lore-wise, thousands of soldiers lost their lives. A small museum there showing stuff from each war would have been cool as well.

I don't love or hate the new park otherwise. I was hoping for an embassy district representing the entirety of the Alliance, with buildings from all the other races. However, this is quite pretty. I doubt we'll be spending much time there. It's nice they decided to fix it after like 5 years.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I absolutely love this new park! It does feels like an actual park with memorial. Perhaps I will assemble a mass raid on Stormwind City and take Varian's body away, burn him, cement him and humiliate the alliance social justice warriors. Mind these people no attention, they just bitch about everything that goes against their philosophy.

I like it better than the old park.

It's a memorial made from the land that was still intact after the cataclysm. They didn't reshape the earth, they just built overtop it. I think it looks very nice and adds some feeling to Stormwind in the form of a memorial wall. Overall, this one is a lot better than the old park.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    People bitch and moan that the park was destroyed and stayed broken, they fixed it up really nice and turned it into a memorial and people still bitch about it. Can't please anyone I suppose.
    Horde always.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I agree, it looks awful. However, I don't even play this shit game anymore.
    Dat awkward moment when you don't play a game anymore but feel the need to comment about it, like stalking your ex on social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I like what blizzard did, they got fed up with all the park threads. So they gave them what they wanted, they built a new one, but Varian had to die to get it.
    Speaking of which, last time Stormwind got a major renovation the queen died.

It's an abstract kind of "fuck you"
    Last edited by Goremonger; 2016-05-08 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a park to me. And If i'm not mistaken, it also looks like it's in Stormwind. Confusing title is confusing.

OP is why we can't have nice things, though. Seriously, why does it matter? How much time are you actually going to spend there? Is the game ruined because a small, destroyed portion of a town is now fixed in a manner you dislike?

The park looks great, definitely an upgrade from the old version that wasn't much of a park at all, it was just a normal area in SW with grass instead of stone pretty much. Now its, well, a park!