Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I agree with Schattenlied. Seems to me everyone is talking about Uther because they believe the weapon in question belonged to Uther. Uther is a great paladin but I've no idea why he is in the discussion at all. We should be talking about what kind of keeper Tyr was. A lot of paladins, retribution or holy, use large warhammers in lore, artwork and in-game. So whether or not Uther would wield this one really has no place in the discussion in my mind.

No one even mentioned Uther's weapon before Schatten, I mentioned Uther as a reference point to the design direction they are doing with Holy Paladins in Legion (2 handed weapon using battle healers) and left it at that and continued with a small talk about the fact that Ret has wanted Ashbringer pretty much since creation. It was him that brought the conversation to the Weapon not being his (Which pretty much everyone knows except those not too involved with the lore) and derailed it from there (then another poster correcting Schatten's info, but that is neither here nor there). And the picture posted in the OP is of Uther.

As for Tyr and the weapon itself, it looks cool enough definitely good design to it hopefully we get more information regarding Tyr outside of just the artifact questline to obtain it. But again this isn't an appropriate thread for that discussion either as this thread is meant to be about if The Silver Hand should have been ret's which most so far as saying "No" to and for good reason.
    Last edited by Chaosinciter; 2016-05-03 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm not feeling the blue pants with that mog. Why did you go there? Just curious...
    This is a image of zephyros, thought I should at least somehow give him credit. I changed out some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    i think you need to give it back and try again :/
    Because I did not make it myself? I had both sets myself and had it already mixed. Besides if you want to be original the only way is to get some low lever gear since pretty much everything has been done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Ashbringer is great. But that Silver Hand makes me jealous. And I'll certainly be mogging my ashbringer into something that doesnt have a giant lordaeron symbol on it seeing as my Paladin is a Tauren.
    I just noticed the crossgaurd is the lordaeron symbol o.O
    Last edited by Zahlen; 2016-05-04 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namoney View Post
    I just noticed the crossgaurd is the lordaeron symbol o.O
    And on all skins too.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

And on all skins too.
    It's k
    Lordaeron is Sylvanas' territory now... and she is my Queen.

Silver havd should be prot pally weapon - 2h and shield <3

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Silver Hand looks kind of silly to me honestly. The guards in Light's Hope have a really nice looking mace which looks like Uther's in Heroes of the Storm. Love that thing. Uther's not the basis of the Holy artifact at all for reasons and maybe if they hadn't gone for the Ashbringer, I'd be cool with that particular mace going to Ret.

Still, it's the fucking Ashbringer. They could make Ret a garbage bottom tier spec that is torturous to raid or PVP on for 2 entire years and I would still not be able to hate a moment of it due to having the damn Ashbringer.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Still, it's the fucking Ashbringer. They could make Ret a garbage bottom tier spec that is torturous to raid or PVP on for 2 entire years and I would still not be able to hate a moment of it due to having the damn Ashbringer.
    I would argue the other way around, it's the Ashbringer, if we aren't silly OP something is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    And on all skins too.
    Lordaeron is under the control of the Horde, so no problem?

mate you're a Tauren Paladin (lel) your arguments are invalid. ;p
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    mate you're a Tauren Paladin (lel) your arguments are invalid. ;p
    I don't get this hate for Tauren Paladins. They don't seem to be incapable of wielding the light, they have the right physical and mental attributes for it and they have longstanding allies who can teach them. What exactly is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I don't get this hate for Tauren Paladins. They don't seem to be incapable of wielding the light, they have the right physical and mental attributes for it and they have longstanding allies who can teach them. What exactly is the problem?
    Lorewise, we're not actually, technically paladins - more akin to Druids that venerate the Sun rather than the Moon. The whole idea behind this was introduced at the end of WotLK, where two druids were discussing whether or not the Night Elves had somewhat "corrupted" the Tauren in guiding them back to their Druidic roots, in causing them to focus on the Moon rather than the total. The Tauren as a culture are very much so about balance in all things, but in regarding the Moon so highly, they were ignoring the Sun and thus causing an imbalance in their worship of the Earth Mother. That's where the Sunwalkers and Seers come in, to offset the imbalance created by the Cenarion Circle and the other Druids.

Blizz has shifted it towards more Light-focus, as well as being more Paladin-y in general, but the main thing I took away from it during Cata was that they were Paladins merely for gameplay, and they weren't about the Light at all. Kinda the same deal going on with Night Elven Priests, whom also don't worship the Light, but rather Elune, though their spells are all the same as other racial Priests for gameplay simplicity.

That aside, Tauren Paladins are the best. I have enough Blood Elves, let my cow lady shine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Lorewise, we're not actually, technically paladins - more akin to Druids that venerate the Sun rather than the Moon. The whole idea behind this was introduced at the end of WotLK, where two druids were discussing whether or not the Night Elves had somewhat "corrupted" the Tauren in guiding them back to their Druidic roots, in causing them to focus on the Moon rather than the total. The Tauren as a culture are very much so about balance in all things, but in regarding the Moon so highly, they were ignoring the Sun and thus causing an imbalance in their worship of the Earth Mother. That's where the Sunwalkers and Seers come in, to offset the imbalance created by the Cenarion Circle and the other Druids.

Blizz has shifted it towards more Light-focus, as well as being more Paladin-y in general, but the main thing I took away from it during Cata was that they were Paladins merely for gameplay, and they weren't about the Light at all. Kinda the same deal going on with Night Elven Priests, whom also don't worship the Light, but rather Elune, though their spells are all the same as other racial Priests for gameplay simplicity.

That aside, Tauren Paladins are the best. I have enough Blood Elves, let my cow lady shine!
    Tauren Paladins still utilize the Light though, they may venerate the Sun (insert praise the Sun joke here) but the source of the powers they wield still comes from the Holy Light. Just as Tauren Druids don't actually get moon powers but drawn on the domain of Life. It's also not to difficult to believe that they would have gotten further training and assistance from the Blood Knights, a Order that has been using the Light for longer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No, he wasn't, he was simply "A Paladin", specializations are a game mechanic of WoW, and do not exist in lore... He did a lot of melee fighting, and even used a sword and shield once or twice.. He is as much of a "Ret" Paladin as he is "Holy"...

Many see Alexandros as the iconic Ret Paladin, and yet they only do it because of the Ashbringer, despite all paladins of the era heavily fighting in melee - don't think for a moment that the Ashbringer wouldn't have been given to Uther if he wasn't dead.
    all charecters in wow have a "spec" they do overstep that boundries sometimes... but they allways fit a "main spec"
    like geblin, hes a protection, as you see him using a shield and 1 hander most of the time, but some few times hes using a two hander...
    varien, arms, 2 hander, and dual 1 handers
    anduin a holy preist ,who does use some shadow spells
    voljin is a shadow preist, allthough he does not show it much...
    chen a brewmaster, lili mistweaver ,taren windwalker
    genn is a combat/outlaw rogue, so far as even using the sword and pistol!

so yes all the main chars in the lore have specs, as its the main thing they follow, but they also go out alittle bit into other catergories....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Wasn't the whole gist with Alliance/Human heroes in WC3 like:
    - Archmage: Blow lots of stuff up quick and bring lotsa stuff around the map quick
    - Mountain King: Blow big stuff up quick
    - Paladin: Support the hell out of your army and pretty much don't die

So TBH, WC3 Pala fits Holy pretty good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Wasn't the whole gist with Alliance/Human heroes in WC3 like
    Yes, but you also have to go back to Warcraft 2, when they were heavy melee units with Exorcism (very long range one-shot or AE damage anti-undead spell), Holy Vision (Far Sight for shamans), and Heal (drains as much mana as needed to heal the target).

That's more like Ret or maybe Prot (artwork had hammer & shield, game model had a lance) than Holy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Yes, but you also have to go back to Warcraft 2, when they were heavy melee units with Exorcism (very long range one-shot or AE damage anti-undead spell), Holy Vision (Far Sight for shamans), and Heal (drains as much mana as needed to heal the target).

That's more like Ret or maybe Prot (artwork had hammer & shield, game model had a lance) than Holy.
    Yeah that's right. Though didn't they use a shield instead of a book, and a vastly different hammer design?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    Yeah that's right. Though didn't they use a shield instead of a book, and a vastly different hammer design?
    Uhm, there's only a few pics and such from Warcraft 2 out there, so it's hard to say. I mean heck, Warcraft 1 humans were basically Christians, complete with crosses on churches dedicated to God, and orcs coming from Hell... there's been quite a few changes since then .

Anyway, WC2 paladin-y art:

(Leftmost one is from WC1)

The fancy "L" shape on the shield is the symbol / flag of Lordaeron:

= + =

On a vaguely related (read: I found this old map, and liked it), look how the Kingdom of Azeroth has changed since the good old days:

Deleted
    yeah on a kinda related note, (despite obvious and understandable issues regarding collision etc.) I kinda like the throwback to wc2 paladins with divine steed

Deleted
    Wonder who else had a 2H mace and libram, oh yeah: Arthas