Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Spoilers if right.) Varian and Vol'jin

Just saying ya'll are being setup. Check this-

"Darkspear never die."

and Lo'gosh is one example of many where the great leader comes back from death to save his people.

Just calling it now, Legion has a Dragonball Z moment with the family blasting away at the "Cell" of Legion.

just saying.. XD

I believe they are alive.

Varian is being advertised in the cinematic with Shalamayne split in two.
    In the Broken Shore scenario he is using the sword as a 2 handed. Why would they do that? I think we are going to see ''Fury Warrior verson'' of Varian in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    Just calling it now, Legion has a Dragonball Z moment with the family blasting away at the "Cell" of Legion.

just saying.. XD
    Man, how utterly cheeseball would that be? Can WoW not have Saturday morning cartoon writing, just once?

10+ Year Old Account

"Darkspear never die."

and Lo'gosh is one example of many where the great leader comes back from death to save his people.

just saying.. XD
    i think you're right! it'll be like ICC LK all over again, we all get killed in the fight and we'll be about to be transformed into some HORRIFYING demons that will rape and pillage azeroth, and just as the ritual is being complete out of the shadows varian will super sayian swoop in and kill the big baddy and save the day! yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Man, how utterly cheeseball would that be? Can WoW not have Saturday morning cartoon writing, just once?
    To be fair, that was the best bit of DBZ right there. Goku aiding the nearly broken Gohan. dem feels doe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If they're not dead then that'd continue to devalue death in the Warcraft universe. It seems like nobody is able to die in this franchise and that hurts the writing.

For once blizzard should keep both characters dead forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did we actually find Varian's body or is he just assumed dead? If we have the body, he's dead... sorry.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Did we actually find Varian's body or is he just assumed dead? If we have the body, he's dead... sorry.
    Apparently his body is heavily fucked up in the casket hence the closed casket funeral, but Im not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Apparently his body is heavily fucked up in the casket hence the closed casket funeral, but Im not sure.
    Closed casket funerals are also held without bodies... people often symbolically bury empty caskets when people are missing and assumed dead.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

R.I.P to the terrible story telling if they are infact alive.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Closed casket funerals are also held without bodies... people often symbolically bury empty caskets when people are missing and assumed dead.
    well genn says something along the lins of "I cant look inside that casket" during the funeral or something
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I doubt Varian dies myself. Splitting his sword and being possessed by Lo'gosh would likely play into it. Funny thing is, the game never really mentions he's possessed by Lo'gosh so they might just gloss over it.

With Vol'jin, technically, any dead male troll could be in those wrappings. When you wrap something, you can manipulate it to look like whatever you want. Look at many animal mummies in ancient Egypt. A good many falcon mummies are just little bones with gauze, etc used to make it look like a falcon from the outside. A single falcon might have been used to make 10 or more falcon mummies.

Neither Vol'jin nor Varian have open "caskets". We can't just unwrap "Vol'jin" to verify it's him and we can't pop open Varian's sarcophagus to see if he's in there.

In a game where Blizzard's brought back those we thought were long dead (Muradin, Vanessa Van Cleef, Onyxia, Nefarian, Bolvar, Saurfang Jr, Nazgrim, Whitemane, Magni, etc) they're not dead. Blizzard even pulls the whole "force ghost" thing (i.e. King Terenas and Admiral Taylor) so even if their body is gone, doesn't mean they really are. Seems even Tirion Fordring isn't really dying and might end up one of the new 4 Horsemen for the Ebon Blade. Dead's never dead in this game.

Blizzard rewrote the end of WoD midway through the expansion. What's to stop them from doing a 180 and rewriting the end of Legion to bring back Varian and Vol'jin due to complaints?

It's rather suspicious that fury warriors don't get Varian's swords (or Arms warrior the combined sword) and to make Vol'jin warchief for like 5 minutes. Both of those suggest there's something more going on.

I honestly would have preferred a story line where Varian stepped down as king for Anduin and became his high general. That would have created an interesting dynamic between father/son and then general/king. Anduin would have been stuck in a dilemma potentially sending his father to his potential death from time to time. OR I would settle for Varian dying at the Broken Shore but Sylvanas steals his body. When Nathanos dies later to Greymane, Sylvanas then raises Varian to replace him. That then causes a dilemma for Anduin on how to handle the Horde and even the worgen because he's now going against his own father because of Greymane's actions. Varian could then potentially end up Sylvanas's lover (Windrunner sisters seem to have a thing for humans anyway) creating an even bigger issue for Anduin and potentially even Jaina. Varian could then also face an internal fight himself on returning to the Alliance or staying with the Forsaken. It'd be a two sided story you have to play both factions to see. Varian could send Horde players on quests that help out the Alliance indirectly but he ends up heeling to Sylvanas when she calls him. But nope. Seems Blizzard chose the laziest route possible: let's kill him off. Whether they do anything more remains to be seen, but Blizzard seems to have some pretty lazy writers. If you can predict the outcome, that's just bad. If they pull a return from no where for Varian and/or Vol'jin in a Legion patch, either they were grasping for straws or they really just chose to go the lazy route.

No idea what story line I would have preferred for Vol'jin. The guy has like no real story in the game outside of the odd stint here and there. He really needed more development that wasn't in a book.

Varian is going to go Shiek on us. He'll come back as a "mysterious stranger" either in a future expansion or breadcrumbed. Alternatively, his body (and possible resurrection) can be a contested point of either a content patch for a future expansion.

Vol'jin, similarly, can be used to breadcumb future content involving Zandalari or something like that. Of the two, I highly doubt Vol'jin is dead. I can believe Varian is.

Both of these characters provide a means to set-up a Wild Gods vs. Undead themed expansion, which is a conflict we haven't really seen. The Wild Gods exist and we've done a couple of things involving them, but we certainly haven't gotten enough of them in game to really understand them.

Particularly with the coming battle with N'zoth, I think it's likely we see Varian trapped in the Emerald Dream with Lo'gosh or something.

Seeing Lo'gosh as a Medivh like figure would be funny, but I think that Illidan is performing that role more I hope.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

"Spoiler if right" --That's called speculation.

Also, there's a good chance that one of them is alive. Would be weird for both factions to lose leaders simultaneously

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Queen Elise View Post
    R.I.P to the terrible story telling if they are infact alive.
    Yeah they need to stay fucking dead.

I hope everyone who predicts they'll be alive are wrong, I want them dead and dead for mother fucking good.

It'll make death pointless, whenever someone dies we'll just be like "lol oh well they'll be back soon"

They need to DIE and stay dead, put MEANING to death.

7+ Year Old Account

"Darkspear never die."

just saying.. XD
    I thought Varian still had a chance of coming back, either undead, or Valkyr stuff.. until I saw the new park.
    Building him a monument sounds stupid if your bringing him back later.
    Voljin, however, only got a pire outside Org..
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    I thought Varian still had a chance of coming back, either undead, or Valkyr stuff.. until I saw the new park.
    Building him a monument sounds stupid if your bringing him back later.
    Voljin, however, only got a pire outside Org..
    I agree, theres a bit too much involved with Varians death for him not to be really dead. I suspect Voljin fakes his death and is off to rally the Troll Empire to fight the Legion, which I believe since so much of this expansion's narrative seems focused on bringing all of Azeroth together to take down the Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I agree, theres a bit too much involved with Varians death for him not to be really dead. I suspect Voljin fakes his death and is off to rally the Troll Empire to fight the Legion, which I believe since so much of this expansion's narrative seems focused on bringing all of Azeroth together to take down the Legion.
    Yap. In the Horde Broken Shore intro we go into Grommash Hold to speak with an injured Voljin along with the rest of the leaders and important figures, then a missing cinematic, and the funeral.
    I suspect that in the cinematic, Voljin shares his plans with the rest of the leaders and the player, giving Sylv the lead ti the incoming war, so he can focus on another missions.
    But I cannot imagine why he need to fake his death in order to rally the Troll Empire. Maybe cos some faction could put him in troubles if they find what he's up to?
    seems odd
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    To be fair, that was the best bit of DBZ right there. Goku aiding the nearly broken Gohan. dem feels doe.
    bullcrap. the cell fight was number 2 in my book.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor