Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Get a Reinhardt to shield the team against his fire so they can flank or close the gap.

See, ive been playing Bastion ever since I was able to get in the stress test and now early open beta. I LOVED, LOVED HIM. No joke. Ive put in a lot of hours into him and learning his quirks and how I can adjust myself to every situation. But the thing is, im often, well most of the time, vulnerable in my shift position. Im like a sitting duck. Snipers can easily kill me because my side is exposed and I cant shoot back because they are LOS from me shooting spree. Playing him on a QP was hard for me especially knowing the fact that without cover, im literally just an open target.

So yeah. It is not that he is OP all the time, its how your team works with you. They can either give you cover and you can watch their back or you can be picked apart by Snipers (who are actually good at what theyre doing). AI HM I play Bastion, QP I picked Lucio

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why are you letting Bastion shoot you?

Flank him, use indirect fire, block his fire, most characters have a means to deal with Bastion. And if the hero you're playing doesn't, swap heroes.
    its the same reason everyone rages about Li ming in heroes. They dont know how to fight her intelligently.

10+ Year Old Account
    i find bastion is in a terrible state right now, in low mmr he goes basicly into godmode killin entire teams over and over, once you get higher he just gets countered like crazy

hes also not really fun to play against imo
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why are you letting Bastion shoot you?

Flank him, use indirect fire, block his fire, most characters have a means to deal with Bastion. And if the hero you're playing doesn't, swap heroes.
    Yeah, I mean a list of heroes that hard counter bastion include: Pharah, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Genji, Zenyatta, Soldier:76, Roadhog, Mei, McCree and probably a few others. Really - any hero that has long range, very accurate hard hitting shots counters Bastion.

"But what if you can't range him from afar?" even easier - Roadhog kills him in a single hook, Genji can run on top of him and deflect kill with ease. Hell, even torbjorn beats him up close with just his right click.

Bastion is actually fun to play around, where as Torbjorns Turret isn't - the key difference is the auto targeting, unflankable, aim botting that the turret has compared to Bastion.

In fact, bastions that are stupid and keep dying over and over again, can very quickly snowball your team to a lose - a hanzo firing consistantly into bastion can cast his ultimate every minute or so. I've lost many games and won many games because a bastion has consistantly fed me ultimate charge.

"What if hes protected by a reinhardt?"

Just as easy, there are dozens of ultimates that stop that combo and if you really want to just kill them without ultiying , go symmetra and right click 3-4 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bastion was nerfed several times during closed beta, and he right now is at the point were "lower" games people will complain that he is OP, and on "high end" games players will barely use it since he really doesn't contribute much to the team. Still bastion on a game where his teammate take care of him its a tough but not impossible cookie to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    btw pro tip, genji is the ultimate bastion counter
    Playing Bastion Roadhog upsets me more. As soon as I see him I give it my all to pump his head full of lead before his damn chain grips me out of turret mode. ^^

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    its the same reason everyone rages about Li ming in heroes. They dont know how to fight her intelligently.
    Li Ming had numerous nerfs before she reached balanced win rate, and she's still a quite contested pick in competitive play. Even during her peak imbalance moments, post like yours were common. "People just don't know how to counter her, Ess of Johan is fine, unlimited mana is fine". Highly safe, high damage character, fully capable of cleaning up a team fight once people start dying due to her refresh mechanic. If anything, she was worse than Bastion, so good job choosing a poor example to prove your point.

As for Kaplan predicting the complaints - doesn't this kinda prove the point? They knew Bastion design is incredibly frustrating to new players. It might get to the point that some will refuse to buy the game as long as he is in it. Sure, this can be disregarded with "good riddance, we don't need more noobs in here, they should git gud instead", but first impressions are important. New player doesn't care if "pros" don't use him for whatever reason. They hate getting mowed down in seconds. They hate seeing the same PotG over and over - turret mode Bastion ripping through several players with barely any aiming.

Also, the frustration is easily doubled if Bastion is supported by his team, and it's much easier to defend him than to work against him in unorganized group. Reinhardt dropping his shield takes much effort than anything else.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-05-08 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    You know what they say about assuming. I actually do switch characters a lot, which is more than I can say for a majority of my teammates who insta lock all marksmen or two snipers when attacking.
    So.. there is no issue then? Why create a topic when you are clearly equipped enough to deal with very easy to counter setups?

Unless you are trolling - in that case well played, got me hooked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Although I will say it's interesting that I've been seeing Bastion used pretty much 100% of the time in "professional" play. So there is that. He clearly can't be THAT weak.
    We might be watching different matches then o_O. Besides to use Bastion in competitive setup you need to to build your team around it - that creates weakness. It's risky and from what I've seen it's 50/50 now.

Eh. I have more problems with Tracer than I do Bastion.

I absolutely cannot keep even a bad Tracer in my sites/locked down. It is easy enough to do with even a good Bastion.

Bastion and Tor are noob killers. If you're struggling with these champions, you are the problem. Tor isn't very good at high levels and Bastion is still decent. Neither are OP at all. Seems more like you just don't understand how to counter a champion.

Threads like this are interesting as they give a name on the forums to the players who are subpar and complain all the time in game

Basti shouldnt be able to turn 360, also all chars reload guns WAAAY too fast.

All the people here trying to say that you just go and kill Bastion from the backside have you really tried it or just giving out useless advice? Hes shields and healing is so overpowered. Soldier 78 CANNOT kill him even when he is not expecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    Comparing Li Ming to Bastion is madness

Lets compare the two

1. Li Ming is released, her first state never even sees competitive, she is heavily nerfed
    2. Li Ming is now in every ban, or first picked in every competitive game, POST nerf
    3. Li Ming is nerfed AGAIN severely, she is still picked or banned every game, even after two heavy nerfs
    4. Li Ming is nerfed a 3rd time, and she still is picked 70-80% of games.

Now bastion

1. Bastion starts off as a fairly bad hero, noobs get rekt by him, pros think he is one of the worst heroes in the game
    2. Bastion is changed / nerfed, noobs still think the same, so do pros.

The fact that you think Li Ming is even slightly comparable to bastion is insanity. Your MMR must be insanely low to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    All the people here trying to say that you just go and kill Bastion from the backside have you really tried it or just giving out useless advice? Hes shields and healing is so overpowered. Soldier 78 CANNOT kill him even when he is not expecting you.
    Yes, we have tried it. And succeeded. There's a reason he sees very little play on high levels. He's not actually that good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Im not changing my argument lol, its the same argument, your not just understanding. If there is a Bastion setup in a teamfight your team is dead correct?
    Not even a little bit, no.

but the problem is NO OTHER HERO IN THE GAME requires that much effort to break threw the line to just stop 1 hero from wrecking your team, because if you don't kill the Bastion you will NEVER push forward.
    You need to make the same effort to kill a Widowmaker on a perch most heroes can't reach, who's covering a checkpoint. Can easily headshot 3-4 guys in a row, and that kills you faster than Bastion.
    Junkrat's bombs are REAL easy to get multikills with, and he doesn't even have to poke his head out to shoot at you.
    Reinhardt often takes coordinated efforts to punch through his shield and get at his teammates.
    Pharah can be incredibly hard to take out without the right counterplay heroes, and can do massive splash damage from constantly changing angles.

I could keep going. You're just flat-out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    I love how you think I've played the game for 10 minutes. Just keep saying that over and over again to justify your argument. And to the people who claim there are no hard chokes in the game, I just checked Hanamura and if you are attacking and are someone with no mobility/wall jump there is literally one entrance you have to go through to get to the attack point, same with volskaya industry on the attack.
    Literally everyone has exactly that verticality.

Because you can play any hero. You're expected to swap heroes to adjust to the opponent's strategy. If you aren't, you're letting yourself get outplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    "But what if you can't range him from afar?" even easier - Roadhog kills him in a single hook
    Had a match last night, kept doing that. Hug the payload so Bastion can't target me, get close enough and YOINK. We won pretty handily. Bastion's existence did't make it by any means "impossible".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    He doesn't have any shields. His healing isn't that great, particularly since he can't shoot while healing. If you're shooting him in the back in sentry mode, that's a "headshot" and deals double damage; if he's holding down his repair key, just kill him.

And not being able to easily take him out as Soldier 76 is irrelevant. Swap to a hero that's better suited to the enemy team. That's how this game works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the 20 something games I played yesterday, a Bastion was MVP for probably 95% of them. I agree, it's not fun when they can mow down anyone who tries to kill them within a second. He's too overtuned. "Git gud" doesn't apply, when so many people are having the same issues. It's beta, we're supposed to bring up issues like this...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK