Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

genji increased melee damage

i find genji the most difficult to play. his lshift which dashes through enemies ending up in close quarters encourages melee. i was surprised he doesnt have bonus damage to his melee strike.
    i would say hes harder to play than tracer by far.

what do u think about his melee ? do u have any general tips for playing genji ?

He is super strong once you learn how to play him, increasing his damage would make him OP, if he's not already.

I'll give you one tip though: If you see a McCree on the enemy team, pick another hero.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Genji's strength comes from being super mobile and harassing targets (Kind of like Tracer). You don't nessesarily want to be super close to most heroes unless you have your ult popped or you don't really have any other option.

Learn to utilize his double jump and wall running to keep yourself above the other team, as I've found that most players have a pretty hard time hitting mobile, airborne opponents

he's very dynamic and great at flanking due to his double jump and wall climbing. learning the maps and how to use them to your advantage is key.

If a bastion is unloading on you in siege mode use deflect, it's something I managed to do once or twice.

I think Genji will keep his 200 health pool. They changed the way reflect works, you now need to aim it. Which makes it interesting that you can reflect Bastion and destroy 2 to 3 enemies with it. His primary and secondary attacks are pretty lack luster considering their slow movement and slow firing.
    His dash attack is his best offensive tool. He can dash through multiple enemies and its a fantastic movement tool. But when his skills are on cooldown all he can do is run.
    Tracer has multiple movement skills with faster refresh times. Genji needs 200 health.

Also being Genji is such a skill based character, it doesn't really matter who is on the enemy team, he has the tools to take them apart if played smart.

They actually nerfed his HP to 150 at one point and then reverted it back to 200 and just nerfed his damage. He was that insane.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That has been the case since...hm...well, at least since the first stress test weekend way, way back.

I dunno if it was different at the very first release, but you've always had to aim where you're reflecting the projectiles to.
    I honestly never noticed, always thought it reflected back at everyone regardless of where he is looking. I've been playing since the OG release, but haven't been playing Genji until recently. Probably why I still assumed it reflected back at everyone without aiming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Genji is already retarded, he doesn't need any buffs - in fact I wish they'd revert his health back to 150, with all the mobility he has he doesn't deserve that kind of health pool, like Tracer.
    It's almost hard to believe that people think Genji or Tracer are "hard" to play lol.
    Have to agree. He's one of he easier to play as he has easy time to move about and can always deflect incoming attacks (works on widow-shot, roadhog hook etc). The ulti is further than melee range a has a cone form so it's hard to screw that one up as well.

His ranged damage is pretty superb. 84 damage per 1.5 sec is just nasty.

Are we playing the same game? Genji's damage is piss-poor, easily the worst among the offensive heroes. Landing all 3 stars for 80 damage (which is roughly 1 Mcree pistol shot) on a moving target is much harder to do than anyone else's main source of damage. He has no burst outside of his ultimate.

He definitely needs the 200 HP since he has no way to heal (unlike Tracer who can revert-time to heal). He's one of the weaker heroes and needs a slight damage buff, and I would like to see his melee do a bit more than other heroes but he needs something to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i find genji the most difficult to play. his lshift which dashes through enemies ending up in close quarters encourages melee. i was surprised he doesnt have bonus damage to his melee strike.

what do u think about his melee ? do u have any general tips for playing genji ?
    you have to combo.

get in close, rightclick, melee, dash, all pretty much instantly. which will recharge your dash if you get the kill, which you should do against pretty much any squishy and if you have harrassed tanks a bit first.

Genji is much harder than tracer, you need to know if your combo will work, otherwise you are left stranded and die instantly. Tracer can just recall away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Are we playing the same game? Genji's damage is piss-poor, easily the worst among the offensive heroes. Landing all 3 stars for 80 damage (which is roughly 1 Mcree pistol shot) on a moving target is much harder to do than anyone else's main source of damage. He has no burst outside of his ultimate.

He definitely needs the 200 HP since he has no way to heal (unlike Tracer who can revert-time to heal). He's one of the weaker heroes and needs a slight damage buff, and I would like to see his melee do a bit more than other heroes but he needs something to be sure.
    Genji is not a weaker hero, he is one of the few that can legitimately solo and entire enemy team. But he is high skill. Watch Seagull play him sometime, its amazing.

https://www.twitch.tv/a_seagull/v/64896969?t=3h51m59s

Deleted
    Another wonderful topic where the "if you don't know what you're talking about shut the fuck up" rule should be enforced. Because brah, you have no idea what the fuck are you talking about.

Buffing Genji? Are you fucking serious? Then again I don't mind, soloing whole team will be even easier for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure about genji. But I sure as hell think that if people allow you to get close enough with certain rather immobile heroes.. melee should definitely oneshot anything nontank.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'll give you one tip though: If you see a McCree on the enemy team, pick another hero.
    Wat

Genji is the direct counter to McCree. He can beat him at long range, medium range and even close range where McCree usually has an edge. He can reflect his flash bang, his right click and can escape with ease if he needs to.

Saying Genji is weak to McCree is like saying a fire should run and hide at the sight of kindling.

and before you say "explain why every esports game has a McCree and not a Genji then" its because Genjis hard counter is tanks. Every team in esports has 1-2 tanks, Genji tickles them. Genjis strength is comboing people down with quick 150 damage bursts. If there is a concious healer in a game, Genji will never kill a tank, and won't kill the healer because its being protected. McCree on the other hand is a hard counter to other heroes like Pharah, so hes almost always taken. If Genji suddenly became good against tanks tomorrow, we would see McCree shoved aside and Genji filling his spot.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-05-08 at 04:34 PM.

The purpose of his lshift is to either A) guarantee a trade kill or B) reposition himself. What I mean by "guarantee a trade kill" is that his lshift is similiar to first strike in MTG. His lshift has absurd projectile speed and damage, allowing you to finish off a person faster than they can finish you off assuming you are both 1 click away

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Wat

Genji is the direct counter to McCree. He can beat him at long range, medium range and even close range where McCree usually has an edge. He can reflect his flash bang, his right click and can escape with ease if he needs to.

Saying Genji is weak to McCree is like saying a fire should run and hide at the sight of kindling.

and before you say "explain why every esports game has a McCree and not a Genji then" its because Genjis hard counter is tanks. Every team in esports has 1-2 tanks, Genji tickles them. Genjis strength is comboing people down with quick 150 damage bursts. If there is a concious healer in a game, Genji will never kill a tank, and won't kill the healer because its being protected. McCree on the other hand is a hard counter to other heroes like Pharah, so hes almost always taken. If Genji suddenly became good against tanks tomorrow, we would see McCree shoved aside and Genji filling his spot.
    If you let Genji deflect your flash you're simply bad. It's like saying Bastion is a counter to every hero becase... damage.

If you let Genji deflect your flash you're simply bad. It's like saying Bastion is a counter to every hero becase... damage.
    Genji forces McCree to flash himself, or hold his flash. Both are VERY bad for McCree. You are kneejerking to conclusion without actual experience or knowledge.

7+ Year Old Account

his dash also instantyl refreashes if you kil the person with the dash

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Genji forces McCree to flash himself, or hold his flash. Both are VERY bad for McCree. You are kneejerking to conclusion without actual experience or knowledge.
    Whatever. Keep on telling yourself that.

Whatever. Keep on telling yourself that.
    two cheap argument tactics. you offer nothing to counter his points.

Plus the flashbang thing was a very minor point for the fact that Genji slaughters mcCree