Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "there is too much gold" really now?

and how many people actually knew how to make their garrisons basically print money?
    probably a small amount.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    They raised gold cap to 10m for a reason
    Gold cap was raised due to the need for it. That doesn't lead to crazy expensive mounts. Regardless, as they said, prices on the mount and ring are not final.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Gold cap was raised due to the need for it. That doesn't lead to crazy expensive mounts. Regardless, as they said, prices on the mount and ring are not final.
    It wasn't possible to sell a mount for 2 million before they raised the cap. The cap was 1 copper below 1 million gold.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    a few milion is alot.
    im in alpha right now and getting gold is like mop time even harder.
    I made mils in cata. I made mils in mop. Wod just made it a lot easier for casuals to gold cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I made mils in cata. I made mils in mop. Wod just made it a lot easier for casuals to gold cap.
    Its like before now even harder because they removed daily profession cds and all wod easy ways got removed.
    The only easy way is farming old raids. maybe they add some sort of diminishing return to this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    It wasn't possible to sell a mount for 2 million before they raised the cap. The cap was 1 copper below 1 million gold.
    I get that. I mean to say, they didn't raise the cap just to sell mounts for 2 mill.

Either way, I still place my bets on these being lowered significantly.

After buying all the tcg mounts, I'm sitting at ~7.3 million. I'll be buying the mount, But the rest of that stuff, nah. As for BMAH I usually don't use that to buy mounts. Prefer to get them the old fashion way.

a few milion is alot.
    it all depends on perspective - for someone its a low for others its nothing - i really cant understand people sometimes- they complain so much about being poor in game yet they do nothing to change it because its "to much effort"

- - - Updated - - -

Its like before now even harder because they removed daily profession cds and all wod easy ways got removed.
    and ? what doesnt that change - if anything it will make life of goldmakers easier since they are no longer limited to 1 craft per day - you are looking at it from wrong perspective - they have milions to invest in crafting mats - most people dont - now nothing till limit them on launch - rich will only get richer you cant stop that.

when you and milion other peopel will be busy gearing up in dungeons and spending hours in raids they will push all of their alts to max level asap and max out professions to maximize launch profits - peopel will be farming artifact power etc ? they will completly ignore it and be makign gold then
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-05-08 at 07:00 PM.

I have no doubts gold will be decently well earned in Legion. I doubt it will just be log in once a day for 45 seconds and get X amount of gold (the amount to reach it in 2-3 months) a week levels of ease. Which is what really matters. I don't care if people can earn 2 million gold in a couple months. I just want it to take more than just logging in and clicking on an addon for it to happen. Make people work the AH. Make people go out and quest. Make people do something that is out in the world and has a chance of interacting with others to accomplish it. After that to me the amount of gold is just a number. Which matters very little. All I ask is that earning it and spending it matters again. Right now it doesn't. At all.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2016-05-08 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it all depends on perspective - for someone its a low for others its nothing - i really cant understand people sometimes- they complain so much about being poor in game yet they do nothing to change it because its "to much effort"

- - - Updated - - -

and ? what doesnt that change - if anything it will make life of goldmakers easier since they are no longer limited to 1 craft per day - you are looking at it from wrong perspective - they have milions to invest in crafting mats - most people dont - now nothing till limit them on launch - rich will only get richer you cant stop that.

when you and milion other peopel will be busy gearing up in dungeons and spending hours in raids they will push all of their alts to max level asap and max out professions to maximize launch profits - peopel will be farming artifact power etc ? they will completly ignore it and be makign gold then
    Do u think blizard is retard?
    There is daily quest for profession mats. and most new profession mats are bop.
    So without effort u cant get gold easily.
    I made more than 10mil gold with insciption daily cd in first 4month wod but not any more in legion, because i dont have time to do 5+daily quest on 20+ alt every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Will Legion give so much gold during leveling and questing and class hall quests and world quests that 2 million gold would be something even a casual player can reach in a month or so? If Blizzard hands out much more gold than they did with the Garrisson they would solve the Garrisson poor-vs-rich problem with inflation. Having 1 million gold in Legion would be equal have 100k gold in WoD (just example numbers).Can anyone who leveled to 110 in the Alpha tell me how much gold he made doing that?
    It will be another way of removing gold from the economy like the BMAH does. Blizzard wants you to pay for your sub.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    1/5 of the players having a still some what new mount that is currently the most expensive you can buy from a npc directly is still a good chunk of the players.
    For 2million gold I'd bet that it wouldn't be 1/500 players.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    "there is too much gold" really now?

and how many people actually knew how to make their garrisons basically print money?
    probably a small amount.
    Not many. I've heard so many people complain about not making aloy of gold, compared to the people like me who made a decent amount. Alot of it came from people simply not wanting to play "farmville" even though it gave them the ability to do whatever they liked. Buying mythic full clears is easily possible
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    You actually think the people who have 10m gold now have it because they were born with it or something? They will keep making money by playing the AH, the only thing that will shift is the number of digits in what they make. Casual joe will not be catching up, unless you make every mob drop gold to the point that gold is worthless.
    Nobody made 10m by playing the AH, they made it by afk farming the garrison missions. Obviously the ones who does play the AH will remain and remain untouched, but these people have been around since vanilla and it has never been a problem, so I dont' see why it would be one now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    2 million for the spider isn't all that bad considering the mounts I see that get gold capped on the BMAH all the time, though I think 500k for extra 2 bag slot bag (there's 32s in Legion from Tailoring) is the crazy one
    even if the 34-slot bags were 5k, I wouldn't buy them...32 is 100x better because of the even number of rows! yes, I'm serious and no, "one bag" addons are not a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    High-tier raid mounts, Gladiator mounts, collector achievement mounts, other goldsink mounts.
    But what percent?

For the uninformed crowd: the most money to be made for 4+ years now is from selling CM gold carries. Two customers a day was 100k gold per person per day for most of WoD. Sure it is a lot of time spent. It also is 3 million gold a month JUST from selling them.
    If you don't have the 400 EUR equivalent for the mount, you will not be riding it. You have plenty of other mounts to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    For 2million gold I'd bet that it wouldn't be 1/500 players.
    I agree unless another influx of gold happens. A few people will get it just to show that they had that much gold at some point. Beyond that few will care enough about getting a spider to pay that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

"There are, as people have noticed, a small handful of very expensive items on vendors in Legion. This isn't anything fundamentally new - the original Kirin Tor Signet Ring cost a small fortune in relative terms when it first came out in Wrath, as did the Grand Expedition Yak in Mists.

When it comes to cosmetic items and convenience perks, they vary tremendously by source, both in terms of playstyle and degree of difficulty. Some are widely-earned rewards, some were simply a matter of being around at the right time (e.g. the Onyxian Whelpling), others require tremendous skill (Gladiator mounts, Mythic raid mounts from current content), while others require a combination of persistence and luck (Time-Lost Proto Drake, Elegon's mount, etc.). Some require you to engage in PvP, others require raiding, others require extensive outdoor gameplay, or profession use. And some require a sustained and concerted effort to accumulate a ton of gold.

Besides, think of it as a favor to all the arachnophobes out there - do you really want massive spiders skittering around everywhere?"-Watcher

He basically said yep, gold dump. He acts like plenty of people play the AH a LARGE amount of time or had the time to do the whole garrison grind out and get rich. its sad that they are putting in a spider mount like this finally and its for that much gold...even if it is half that cost...its ridiculous.

Even to someone who collects mounts like me, that's excessive. Tokens on my server are around 40k...no way I'm trading 50 months worth of sub fees for a single mount. I guess if you're sitting on 20M or something in game and want a vanity mount it'd be worth it, but there can't be THAT many of those people out there.