Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahaha. Dude, you're serious?!
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...ong-un-7665166

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Big mistake. This will only push Vietnam further towards the Western powers. Relations between Vietnam and the US are very good and have been since Bill Clinton was president. Public opinion polls in Vietnam show a high favorability towards the US as well. Lots of investment going there providing good jobs. China is going to keep fkng around with its neighbors and the ones who aren't already full on US allies will be begging for our help.

I really wish Skroe would weigh in on this.
    I don't really see the long term benefit in turning Vietnam into a mini-China though. To an extent there is some benefit in having the manufacturing spread out among a bunch of smaller countries that are easier for us to control, but that transition isn't going to be immediate since a lot more time and money is going to be required to build up the necessary infrastructure, and it's questionable whether it will be worth it in the end since it will ultimately mean even more jobs leaving the US and getting in bed with more questionable regimes.

Deleted
    The second after NK would do something like that, NK would cease to exist. It's not a threat in any real sense of the word, just something to make Best Korea look stronk to it's people.

Deleted
    If China got pissed enough to turn North Korea into a nuclear wasteland, I guarantee the only consequences would be the UN writing an angry letter to Beijing. Everyone else would just look the other way.

If China got pissed enough to turn North Korea into a nuclear wasteland, I guarantee the only consequences would be the UN writing an angry letter to Beijing. Everyone else would just look the other way.
    I'm not sure the letter would be that angry. It might be a thank you letter.

2 communist countries going head to head
    do we even care??

I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Unlike Russia, which they can shower sanctions upon, China is a super power, both military and economically, and involved in the economy of many countries, including the USA.

So no, no one will tell China to fuck off.
    China is a superpower?
    AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, how, exactly, they are one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    China is a superpower?
    AHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, how, exactly, they are one?
    China IS a super power. You're pretty deluded if you think otherwise.

China IS a super power. You're pretty deluded if you think otherwise.
    We could start with lack of power projection. Just look at their fleet.
    Even Russia is not one.