Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    I can relate to this SO MUCH and I have been saying this for so long. I'm progressing HFC mythic and am basically looking at the launch as a deadline to meet. Because I took half a year off and idled around until I decided I'd raid again earlier this year.

Seriously I CANNOT emphasise this enough especially when people go on about vanilla and how everything should take ages to accomplish again.
    Heh, I start to think that people hating on WoD simply have too much free time and don't know what to do with it

I was close to quitting WoD few months back due to some guild issues. Raiding with friends is everything for me so without a nice guild I have no point to play WoW. But I just couldn't cause I liked the expantion so much so I gave it chance and well I'm still around being able to sort my guild situation. Not w/o sacrifises (I have to play Horde after 11 years of being Alliance :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD wasn't finished, they should have finished it and released it done. What we got was a rushed expansion with everything stuffed into the garrison, waste of money, legion will be better because you cant make a worse game.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

Quote Originally Posted by Begrudge View Post
    WoD wasn't finished, they should have finished it and released it done. What we got was a rushed expansion with everything stuffed into the garrison, waste of money, legion will be better because you cant make a worse game.
    Not only was it not finished, they did as little as they could get away with for future content.

Though Legion is messing up the core gameplay so completly that I can see it doing worse than WoD.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Heh, I start to think that people hating on WoD simply have too much free time and don't know what to do with it

I was close to quitting WoD few months back due to some guild issues. Raiding with friends is everything for me so without a nice guild I have no point to play WoW. But I just couldn't cause I liked the expantion so much so I gave it chance and well I'm still around being able to sort my guild situation. Not w/o sacrifises (I have to play Horde after 11 years of being Alliance :P )
    Have we really reached an argument - "I like it when WoW doesn't have content to offer, as I like NOT PLAYING the game"?

Seriosly, wat?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a complete fanboy I'm going to play anything that blizz throws at me but yes. WoD was undoubtedly the WORST WoW expansion up to date.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

While certainly not a good expansion, I still enjoyed WoD more than TBC... even if by a small margin. I just hope we never visit Outland/Draenor ever again in expansions to come.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Have we really reached an argument - "I like it when WoW doesn't have content to offer, as I like NOT PLAYING the game"?

Seriosly, wat?
    We sure are at the point of "there is no way people have different experiences and opinions than I do!!!!". And we are at this point since forever on mmoc forums :P

This is my experience and I cannot change it no matter how much you want it to not be a thing. Imagine, real life was always quite a big issue for people playing mmos. 90% of people I played with who quit WoW did it due to "real life > WoW" reason. That's why all this hate on WoW on the forums make me laught so much.

Yes, people are now making breaks from WoW till Legion. This might not be the best for Blizzard but for sure isn't that bad for those who make those breaks. At least some of us enjoy that. The same happened in MoP and I personally found that very healthy.

Yea it was the worst by far. I'm not sure what happened with WoD. The whole thing just screamed lack of effort from the start. I watched its reveal at Blizzcon and my distinct impression was that they were not confident with this expansion. I remember Metzen doing his speech about it and all I could think of was that in his head he was nervously saying "please please eat this up". I don't know how they allocated their resources this time around but they delivered the least amount of content this expansion and it was really obvious.

There were a few notable things that really bothered me about WoD. Most of all was the story and doing this alternate timeline thing. It was super weird and disconnected. The zones felt familiar but not fresh and it seemed like what I was doing there was not going to have any long term impact other than a segue into the next expansion. That overall feeling made the game really stale to me. Also, and this might just be be, but after what 14? months of SoO featuring orcs they make an expansion focused on orcs? Not to mention that a couple patches before 5.4 were also orc focused with the lead up to the korkron elites or w/e they were.

Flying was a contentious issue. They didn't seem to know what they wanted to do about flying which is really weird considering we've got 4 expacs (well 3 as Cata was anomalous) before it offering precedent. They delayed it for various reasons until the very end at which point it seemed rather silly to use. By the time you got flying, there were portals everywhere to significant points of interest, and you had done most of their content anyway due to the achievement. All you would use it for was to fly from the tanaan outpost to the citadel raid.

2 raid tiers? Need I say more? 6.1 was the biggest joke of a patch. One of the devs even admitted that they shouldn't have called it a major patch. If that were the case then 6.2 is all they really offered for WoD. That on its own is incredible and really speaks to the lack of effort going on here. Most everything they introduced seemed designed to drag out for months to keep you busy but not really engaged.

PvP was really stale. I wasn't into Ashran at all. It seemed really convoluted. We didn't get any new battlegrounds so that was pretty much it in terms of pvp which sucked. The battlegrounds themselves were stacked too. There was an interesting study done about it of pvpers switching over to alliance in droves because they left the human racial untouched with no plans to change it. Horde just seemed to be a shell of itself littered with bots going against 5 man premades all day. I don't think it has ever been so uneven.

Once I got flying I unsubbed for good because really what was there to do? I could sit there farming apexis crystals for nothing or do raids (which I didn't find fun anyway) to get 3ilvl increases on a legendary ring. I could continue doing laborious upkeep of the garrisons mostly for gold and salvage because at that point the mission rewards were garbage. The shipyard was frustrating because losing my ships sucked ass and the rewards were basically more gold.

I think outside of the new models (some being delayed too) and maybe the music, this expansion was a waste of time. I'm still leaning against getting legion because of WoD. It may have finally closed the door on this game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    WoD wasn't great... And it may be the worse expansion in WoW's History... Just like the other worse expansions in WoW's History (Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria).

When Legion is in the books, this thread will be back... Asking the same question of Legion. It's a never ending cycle.
    That is blatantly untrue.

Cataclysm was heavily disliked for many reasons during its run. Many good reasons.

MoP was fairly unliked, untill it was released, then quiet a few people enjoyed it.

WoD is hated for a massive number of reasons.

Do you feel smart doing this? Coming in and going "Oh people always hate the current expansion" because you're not. You're just being pompous, dismissive, and ignorant.

The few raids we got were solid but considering we only got three of them is rather pathetic and as for the rest it's pretty much all garbage. I would say I liked the weekly rotating events but the only good part of that was just getting to run content from six to nine years ago.

Deleted
    WoD wasn't great... And it may be the worse expansion in WoW's History... Just like the other worse expansions in WoW's History (Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria).
    Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor have definitely been the worst expansions. So that's why people are calling them the worst expansions.
    When Legion is in the books, this thread will be back... Asking the same question of Legion. It's a never ending cycle.
    Because Legion will be just as shit as the last 3 shitty expansions, because WoW has jumped the shark long ago. Really just goes to show how shit the game has become at this point. But go ahead and enjoy your garrison facebook game and looking for retards un-MMO.

WoD has been a terrible expansion even tough, unluckily or luckily it depends on your point of view, Cata still holds the title of the worst expansion blizzard has ever made.
    Dragon Souls Z, Troll patch, Green Jesus, brainless deathwing, vash'jir, and while the update of the leveling experience was neccesary they managed to butcher every single compelling or good storyline they might have had in vanilla. The list goes on but you get the point. As bad as WoD is, Cata set the bar so goddamn high I doubt it will ever be matched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    WoD has been a terrible expansion even tough, unluckily or luckily it depends on your point of view, Cata still holds the title of the worst expansion blizzard has ever made.
    Dragon Souls Z, Troll patch, Green Jesus, brainless deathwing, vash'jir, and while the update of the leveling experience was neccesary they managed to butcher every single compelling or good storyline they might have had in vanilla. The list goes on but you get the point. As bad as WoD is, Cata set the bar so goddamn high I doubt it will ever be matched.
    But!

At least there was shit to do. A video games biggest failing is to be boring and/or giving the player nothing to do.

Not true at all.

Mists of Pandaria is generally widely praised. It normally ranks as people's 3rd favorite expansion. The only time it got significantly negative feedback was when it was first announced and a portion of the playerbase got angry because they thought it was going to be "too childish".

People only started disliking Cataclysm by the the final patch. Because people thought Blizzard cut the Abyssal Maw raid and rushed Dragon Soul.

WoD has faced negativity during pretty much every stage of its life. From its weird convoluted storyline to its lack of content.

So no, people don't just hate the new expansion because its new. There's legitimate reasons the community dislikes Cataclysm and WoD.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2016-05-08 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Cata still holds the title of the worst expansion blizzard has ever made.
    According to you? This kind of stupid post coming in this particular thread is fucking hilarious. Did you read the fucking thread? Overwhelming majority seems to agree that the worst xpack is WoD and not Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not true at all.

Mists of Pandaria is generally widely praised. It normally ranks as people's 3rd favorite expansion. The only time it got significantly negative feedback was when it was first announced and a portion of the playerbase got angry because they thought it was going to be "too childish".

People only started disliking Cataclysm by the the final patch. Because people thought Blizzard cut the Abyssal Maw raid and rushed Dragon Soul.

WoD has faced negativity during pretty much every stage of its life. From its weird convoluted storyline to its lack of content.

So no, people don't just hate the new expansion because its new. There's legitimate reasons the community dislikes Cataclysm and WoD.
    Yeah, the other expansions actually had legit hype.

WoD was a head scratcher from the start and had very little popularity, most of which died when the alpha was released and further along as blizzard kept ignoring feedback on every single one of their dumbass design decisions (mythic raiding, ashran, warriors in general etc..). All of it made the worse by the majority of their original blizzcon promises being shelved (multiple areas for garrisons: which were also going to be high customizable. Ashran having destructible and build-able buildings etc...)

Its happeneing again in Legion, the feedback part. But Legion does have hype in other areas, and so far they havent gone back on anything.

Don't we get this thread every expansion???

All I can do is recount the threads on this board regarding each expansion. This particular topic has been mentioned for each of the expansions I listed. Over time, it seems that people's feelings for the aforementioned expansions have changed.

It's not a matter of feeling smart or not. It's about recounting the feelings of players at the end of each of the expansions I mentioned. Take it for what you will. If that means you need to insult me... welp, you can eat a big bag of dicks. Have a nice day.
    End of expansion that has happened yes. Though its not "this expansion sucks", for WotLK and MoP it was "Waiting a whole year is horrible, I hate this raid". Cata it was said the whole expansion sucked (which it largely did) and WoD people were saying its shitty from the get go.

Big differences here.

- - - Updated - - -

Um... No. When Mists hit the end, people bitched about it. Just as they did with Cata. As WoD has progressed forward, people realized that Mists wasn't as bad as they thought it was. You've been around long enough... You had to have been here for those threads.
    They bitched untill it was released then it got a lot of praise.

You know why people bitch about Cata and WoD? Because they legitimately are bad.

Nor were people turning around and saying "well cata wasnt that bad", people are still pissed about Cata.

Deleted
    without a shadow of a doubt the worst expansion ever released. the only thing worth noting that was good was the leveling experience. the rest absolutley horrendous

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senftw View Post
    Warlords was worse than Cataclysm, which is quite an achievement!
    This. Cata at least had the excuse that the devs blew most of their budget on revamping 1-60. WoD was just a case study in laziness and developer hubris at its worst. I'm amazed Brian Holinka still has a job after how badly he screwed the pooch.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!