10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'm working on shells and seeds, though, so it's going much faster because I'm using both poetics and eso still (along with HW beast tribes which I just unlocked a couple days ago). At the rate I'm currently going, I should have a shiny 230 staff of not-as-awesome-as-it-could-be (because it lacks spell speed). Not worried about that particular stat issue, though, since later upgrade will likely let us change the secondary stats on the anima weapons (if the old relic weapons were anything to go by).
    Nice.
    I think Yoshida-san already confirmed that the stats will be changeable at a later stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    can't bring myself to farm lore at this point.
    My WHM will be done with Lore gear next week. Only 50 lore to go.

After that I only need to farm 1K over the next 4 weeks, so I can buy the 230 weapon for my Dork.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    so bored since i finished my relic and mgp grind

can't bring myself to farm lore at this point.
    3.3 is this month from what I heard. Fingers crossed that something good comes out of it.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I believe changeable stats on anima are coming in the 3.3 update of the item (which also includes a new model). It also won't be materia related! (And I believe the LL said it won't be Alexandrite related either.) We'll see in a couple weeks!

I did finally get my monk to 50, now to just get through those MSQs while unlocking the level 50 roulette. (Something I didn't know about my first time though.) Anyone know of a good guide that talks about the basic rotation? I think I'm doing the combos right (or at least I know the right combos). I pretty much read everything about CDs, oGCDs, and cross-class stuff.

71/80 for my relic... so close </3.

Also has anyone tried the newest 365.10 Nvidia driver with FFXIV? Having some weird fps issues with it were the game would perform terribly when my monitor gets turned off and on again... only game. Weird asf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post

Also has anyone tried the newest 365.10 Nvidia driver with FFXIV? Having some weird fps issues with it were the game would perform terribly when my monitor gets turned off and on again... only game. Weird asf.
    Hmm, haven't noticed any fps issues myself. Sorry.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Beta drivers?

Don't know how Nvidia release drivers. AMD has a stable driver that is update like once a year and beta drivers that are updated whenever.

I never use beta drivers. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - until they got all the bugs out.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

They aren't beta. I downloaded because of Overwatch but its really weird because I have to end up restarting my PC because the game would stay around 45-50 fps isntead of the usual 110ish. It only happens when I wake up and turn on the monitor from its standby phase.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't beta. I downloaded because of Overwatch but its really weird because I have to end up restarting my PC because the game would stay around 45-50 fps isntead of the usual 110ish. It only happens when I wake up and turn on the monitor from its standby phase.
    Joys of PC gaming I suppose.

New game comes out. Drivers don't work right for it. GPU vendor release new drivers. New drivers work great for new game ... but fucks up some other game that used to run fine.

Yup =/. Time to revert back.

Now wondering why I didn't power level CUL to 37 for Steady Hands 2 sooner...holy fuck at the difference that makes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now wondering why I didn't power level CUL to 37 for Steady Hands 2 sooner...holy fuck at the difference that makes.
    My guess is because leveling CUL kind of sucks ...

But ya, SH2 is incredible. Makes Hasty Touches less painful and gives you 100% success on 18CP touches - a way to remove RNG from touches if you have the CP to spare.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've found that treasure maps are immensely profitable, so I'm just spamming them and getting shells/ore. Probably going to have my third hyperconductive by the end of the month at this rate, just be cause ore and shells are a nice byproduct of immense money making.

And yes, if you want to do advanced high level crafting, you need every prof to 50 or 54, depending. Beyond 54 it doesn't matter, but they all have pretty essential skills at those levels.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait till you feel the difference with all profs @ 50. :P

- - - Updated - - -

45-50 FPS = terrible performance?!
    Okay.
    Should I mention that I locked my FPS to 30 in order to reduce GPU load and heat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Okay.
    Should I mention that I locked my FPS to 30 in order to reduce GPU load and heat?
    50-65fps at 1440p on ultra or bust. :P

It drops to 40s in some areas still though.

Polaris 10 or a 1070gtx should fix that issue though.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Okay.
    Not terrible performance as in its unplayable but more so the fact that its a little under half of what I usually get. I looked it up online and I haven't found one person mentioning it. Oh well... back to 358.91...

As for heat, I live in Canada. :P

I read most of these posts and I think that a lot of you guys are too cynical and speak in absolutes far too easily.

The game is not so insanely hardcore that if you're not 100% optimal you can't join a dungeon/raid. No one will kick you or harass you. I never leveled a WAR/MAR for Mercy Strike. Not once was I ever harassed, kicked from a party, or refused entry to a pug/raid team for not having it. Sure it wasn't HELPING that I didn't have it, but you guys really need to relax on that.

You guys spout as if everything is mathed out in absolutes to be optimal and that's it. I've seen it countless times that a talent is the optimal DPS choice, but missing just 2-5% of uptime due to mechanics or mistakes reduces it to the point where another option would have been equal if not superior. This exact situation is called a gameplay choice.

You also have to take into consideration that there are ways and abilities that are utilty based and don't drive a direct relationship to DPS and can be wildly different to support different playstyles.

A perfect example of this was Retributions very first talent tier. You had a choice of a powerful on-demand high cooldown ability to rapidly increase move-speed for a medium duration. Alternatively you could opt for a passive boost of move-speed that ebbs and flows based on your resource accumulation. Lastly, you could have a ~40% uptime moderate speed boost that is triggered everytime a specific DPS move is used.

All 3 perfectly viable, useful and 2 of which are engaging to use. That to me is a well designed mechanic. You can't tell me mathematically which one is better, because they're all useful in wildly different ways across a large variation of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, we are speaking about the extremes. Your average mom and pop guild will not care how you spec and how you play, barring rather extreme derps such as "Ice mages" or not using core skills. Hell most of these guilds won't even ask if you don't DPS as a healer during downtime, because the content they do doesn't demand it.

However as soon as you are pushing for ranks and other players are involved (e.g.: Deep dungeon as 4 man), said tolerance tends to go next to -0- if your choice impacts DPS.

To stay with SCs proposition: choosing how much resist gear to wear DIRECTLY impacts your DPS, so high end players will stick to an optimal math'd out value. If you want to push for high end you have to conform to group standards and most of your "intricate choices" go out of the window, because you won't find people to play with.

That being said, I am not sure if FF-XIV has any content that is THIS tightly tuned, so I am not sure if FF-XIV is a good example for discussions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    All 3 perfectly viable, useful and 2 of which are engaging to use. That to me is a well designed mechanic. You can't tell me mathematically which one is better, because they're all useful in wildly different ways across a large variation of content.
    Yes utility follows different rules. That is true. Personally, as DRG I don't see the point of mercy strike, because it's a lousy 200 potency. Way below your average potency/GCD if you keep spamming your primary attack combos.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-05-09 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    My guess is because leveling CUL kind of sucks ...

But ya, SH2 is incredible. Makes Hasty Touches less painful and gives you 100% success on 18CP touches - a way to remove RNG from touches if you have the CP to spare.
    I had a couple instances when I was making a few upgrades for myself where I wanted to throw my keyboard at someone due to failing 70-80% of hasty touch attempts on some items (which thankfully were just mats like ingots/plates/etc., not the actual gear itself). Made a bunch of turn ins for leves and I think I could count the amount of failed touches after gaining SH2 on one hand. Crafting went from stressing out over "crap am I really going to need to farm hq mats at this point for everything" to "np, I got this".

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I read most of these posts and I think that a lot of you guys are too cynical and speak in absolutes far too easily.

The game is not so insanely hardcore that if you're not 100% optimal you can't join a dungeon/raid. No one will kick you or harass you. I never leveled a WAR/MAR for Mercy Strike. Not once was I ever harassed, kicked from a party, or refused entry to a pug/raid team for not having it. Sure it wasn't HELPING that I didn't have it, but you guys really need to relax on that.

You guys spout as if everything is mathed out in absolutes to be optimal and that's it. I've seen it countless times that a talent is the optimal DPS choice, but missing just 2-5% of uptime due to mechanics or mistakes reduces it to the point where another option would have been equal if not superior. This exact situation is called a gameplay choice.

You also have to take into consideration that there are ways and abilities that are utilty based and don't drive a direct relationship to DPS and can be wildly different to support different playstyles.

A perfect example of this was Retributions very first talent tier. You had a choice of a powerful on-demand high cooldown ability to rapidly increase move-speed for a medium duration. Alternatively you could opt for a passive boost of move-speed that ebbs and flows based on your resource accumulation. Lastly, you could have a ~40% uptime moderate speed boost that is triggered everytime a specific DPS move is used.

I think Deep Dungeons will be a bit different. It's not going to be a simple pass/fail the way current dungeons and non-savage raids are. If you pass, it keep going and gets harder, so with no real end in sight, people will be wanting to get as far as they can. If they do not get as far as they expect, they will start blaming other people in the group, because of course it's not their own fault right?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but really, since it just keeps going and going until you can not go any further, the deepest levels are likely going to be seeing savage level content, which is where the problem arises.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a couple instances when I was making a few upgrades for myself where I wanted to throw my keyboard at someone due to failing 70-80% of hasty touch attempts on some items (which thankfully were just mats like ingots/plates/etc., not the actual gear itself). Made a bunch of turn ins for leves and I think I could count the amount of failed touches after gaining SH2 on one hand. Crafting went from stressing out over "crap am I really going to need to farm hq mats at this point for everything" to "np, I got this".
    Normal RNG fluctuations.
    Even with SH2 I get 4 hasty misses in a row no problem.

Trust me, this won't be the last time that you rage at dumb crafting RNG.