Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    The second paragraph's numbers are all domestic, globally I couldn't tell ya.
    Civil War worldwide box office currently stands at : $678,391,000.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2016.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Civil War worldwide box office currently stands at : $678,391,000.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2016.htm
    Nice. I'm seeing his one easily breaking 1bil. Cappy FTW.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Found this on another site. The person didn't post a source or anything where they found it. So take it with a grain of salt. Some of it we know, some happened and rest is "future stuff".

So, saw this online, unsure the validity of it, but I'd thought I post here.
    • Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.
    • Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.
    • Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.
    • The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.
    • Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.
    • Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.
    • Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.
    • THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.
    • Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsabilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.
    • Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.
    • Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal advisor; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.
    • Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.
    • Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.
    • AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 will be renamed. First draft has recently been delivered. Apparently set on Earth and centered on the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet.
    • CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.
    • ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.
    • AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 will be set in Space and feature the final battle against Thanos.
    • INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.
    • Chris Evans is expected to renew his contract for more CAPTAIN AMERICA movies in Phase 4. Robert Downey Jr., however, is not. although there’s renewed interest in IRON MAN 4 lately.
    • Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.
    • SECRET INVASION and SIEGE are popular storylines that are being considered as overarching storylines of Phase 4 and beyond.
    • There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contigencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.
    • There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.
    • Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.
    • BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.
    • There’s a running gag about producing a Supreme Squadron movie, but chances of it actually happening are virtually zero.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL
    Yes, yes, yes!
    Emily Blunt is lined up to play her.and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her.
    Oh gd, fuck no. No no no no. Katee Sackhoff or Katheryn Winnick or GTFO.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh gd, fuck no. No no no no. Katee Sackhoff or Katheryn Winnick or GTFO.
    Quoted for truth.

I'm excited about basically everything in that "Leak" except the casting for Carol. Katee Sackhoff is the clear choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

All three seem pretty samey, with Emily Blunt having the distinct advantage of star-power.

What about the girl that plays Patti Spivot on flash?

Shantel VanSanten?

If not her Kateryn Winnick is probably my second choice but shes tied to Vikings and its a major hit out there so i'm not sure if she will be available.

Katee Sackhoff just doesn't have the vibe of a marvel super hero her face is cant make much expressions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Quoted for truth.

I'm excited about basically everything in that "Leak" except the casting for Carol. Katee Sackhoff is the clear choice.
    Emily Blunt is like....the worst actress of that 'look' for Carol. She's not going to look right, sound right, or generally do as good a job as at least 5 other actresses off hand. Their casting is normally spot on, so I've gotta think this is just trying to get someone known to sell tickets. That's a shame, but hopefully not true.
    BAD WOLF

I am way past doubting any of Marvel's casting choices.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Emily Blunt?

Apparently they're trying for a different look.

Well, as much as I like Blunt, she would not have been my choice. While she's attractive, she's not the hot smoking blonde bombshell I normally think of.

Neither Sackoff, who I don't see as attractive much at all.

Warning Civil War spoilers

So at the end of civil war the Avengers have broken up. With only Iron Man and the Vision remaining. War Machine is in rehab, Blackwidow, Captain America, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, Hawkeye, Ant Man, and Winter Soldier are all fugitives. Spiderman is back in Queens and Black Panther is back in Wakanda. Thor and Hulk as of right now are MIA.

To me it seems like Tony will reform the Avengers in Infinity war part 1 with new recruits, My guess is Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Spiderman, Hulk and Thor. While Captain America will lead a the Secret Avengers, Blackwidow, Hawkeye, Antman/Wasp, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, and Falcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Emily Blunt is like....the worst actress of that 'look' for Carol. She's not going to look right, sound right, or generally do as good a job as at least 5 other actresses off hand. Their casting is normally spot on, so I've gotta think this is just trying to get someone known to sell tickets. That's a shame, but hopefully not true.
    People said the same thing about the casting for Joker and Wonder Woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Emily Blunt?

Well, as much as I like Blunt, she would not have been my choice. While she's attractive, she's not the hot smoking blonde bombshell I normally think of.

They can dye her hair.

3/5 for me, had great potential but let me down. Honestly someone needed to die at the end, be it Bucky, or Captain dying and Bucky being our new Captain. Honestly throughout the movie we hear about Iron man being arrogant, but the person being arrogant to me was Captain the entire movie (somehow he knows better than anyone else about things, and his helping Bucky a man who has killed thousands including his close friend in Stark was stretching it, like yeah sure brainwashing but that doesn't mean he is 100% free from any guilt, anyone else Captain would have brought them in. Also I love how he doesn't mind completely fucking up some random swat guys doing their job, like some of them he probably paralyzed and he didn't care, and also didn't care one bit about Warmachine being crippled).

To get a 5/5 would have needed Marvel to highlight the flaw of Captain overlooking his friends misdoings, and for Bucky to die to truly divide the Avengers, because the way it ended they really weren't divided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Warning Civil War spoilers

So at the end of civil war the Avengers have broken up. With only Iron Man and the Vision remaining. War Machine is in rehab, Blackwidow, Captain America, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, Hawkeye, Ant Man, and Winter Soldier are all fugitives. Spiderman is back in Queens and Black Panther is back in Wakanda. Thor and Hulk as of right now are MIA.

To me it seems like Tony will reform the Avengers in Infinity war part 1 with new recruits, My guess is Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Spiderman, Hulk and Thor. While Captain America will lead a the Secret Avengers, Blackwidow, Hawkeye, Antman/Wasp, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, and Falcon.
    The next movie that involves any Avenger will be Black Panther. Things should reset in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    People said the same thing about the casting for Joker and Wonder Woman.

They can dye her hair.
    Producers seem to favor Blunt as a blonde most movies I've seen her.
    She just doesn't have those curves that Danvers has. (I'm guessing that they'll put her in that more conservative outfit that comes up later)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    To get a 5/5 would have needed Marvel to highlight the flaw of Captain overlooking his friends misdoings, and for Bucky to die to truly divide the Avengers, because the way it ended they really weren't divided.
    That's the point, there wasn't much of a division.
    We know why Hawkeye was pulling his punches. And he wasn't the only one. And we've seen why through the various previous movies. They are friends with different opinions. The only one that wasn't pull any punches and was out for blood was the Black Panther. And as we saw, Natasha wasn't going to allow him to kill her friends.
    Now, in the comics, it was different because they had killers...psychopaths that were fighting for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not really but theyd like you to think so

except the inhumans in the show are a bunch of ragtag homeless people.

do these people look homeless to you?

comparing the inhumans on agents of shield to the real inhumans is like comparing wakanda to zimbabwe.

one has class, one is royalty, they represent strength, power, they exude superiority.

the other is living in a fuckin trash can

does black panther live in a trash can? no he doesnt, and neither would black bolt, theyre kings.
    Atillan is on Earth. The MCU version of Attilan has been covered. Attilan was Afterlife, Jiaying was Black Bolt/Medusa combined. That is why they pushed it back. They need to figure out when, how, and if they are actually going to be able to do Inhumans without it screwing with what they've established. but hey keep putting your fingers in your ears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Emily Blunt?

What about Jennifer Morrison from Once Upon a Time? She kind of looks like she could fit the part and her OUaT character somewhat suits Carol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What about Jennifer Morrison from Once Upon a Time? She kind of looks like she could fit the part and her OUaT character somewhat suits Carol.
    Nooooooooooooo. This:
    BAD WOLF

I just saw Civil War today and wow, way better than BvS. Not a fan of a younger Aunt May though and was it just me or did Spiderman seem overpowered? His parts in the movie were the highlight though.

The face looks ok in that picture, but the hair is teh sucks whereas in other pictures I see of her I really don't like her jaw line like it's super pointy or something.

That strikes me as the epitome of Ms. Marvel.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2016-05-09 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    There have been worse. Green Lantern, Catwoman, Steel, Jonah Hex....etc.
    BvS was worse than Green Lantern. I'll give you Catwoman and Steel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Trying to kill somebody because they killed your parents while brainwashed, and having just been told that doing so is somebody's goal to tear you apart, is too firmly rooted in the realm of idiocy for me to believe that Tony would do it, no matter how emotionally unstable they might try to sell him to be. Some people might buy it, but personally, I don't.
    Easy to rationalise, harder to feel after watching it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If they had simply done a Batman movie before BvS it wouldn't have been that bad. I don't even think GL was THAT bad. I will definitely say Catwoman was. Never saw the others.

Problem with BvS is they are trying too hard to catch up with Marvel and hurry up to push out JL.