Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Voljin and Varian don't die, it's staged as they go on a secret mision. You heard it here first.
    Well in the horde broken shore side, vol'jin is alive, and he dies in the quest after the broken shore from wounds sustained at the broken shore...

Then they have his funeral.

So he's dead dead.

We might see varian die in the cinematic I imagine, I do believe they will die for good. I don't think they'll be brought back in the last patch, it's just a stupid idea and bad story writing, kill them off and make their deaths meaningful.

Doesn't add up. Vol'jin should be able to heal his wounds
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    for god's sake, AGE IS NOT THE PROBLEM, Dreaktar prove this very well, and varok is thousand years younger than him

how her ranger general tatics is better than varok skills?

>Saurfang: Veteran of first, second and third war, not talking about the war in Draenor, he lead the Alliance and horde forces in Silithus, and lead the kor'kron against the lich king

>sylvannas: thousand yeas of bickering against trolls with no leader, and lose for arthas, and barely win guilneas

rly? the best? i know she is good strategist, one of the best for sure, but Saurfang is i another level about war, an with no doubt is this what i think the horde needs, someone who win wars
    I don't remember Saurfang significant moment as a leader honest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    That logic is flawless.

Saying that there are mythical unwritten clan leaders in lore is headcannon, and I advise you to remove that train of thought from your head if you want to participate in lore conversations.

What is not written does not exist, end of story.
    but but but
    my fantasy
    "cries"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    I don't remember Saurfang significant moment as a leader honest
    rly?

what about leading both forces of the horde and alliance against the qiraji in the war of silithus? like wtf

the attack oagainst the lichking? he comanding the horde with garrosh?

those are note significant moments at leader? if not, lose quel'talas and die for the scourge is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Yet again, unless it's written it does not exist.

The whole, "Well it's not written but logic dictates that this must be true." Is a slippery slope that leads to Head-Cannon vile.

What is, is what is written, not what makes the most sense or what one wants.
    the thing is, they are marked as "The chieftain is unknown", not "He does not exist" or they "dont have one yet"

or you assume, just because you does not know ho he is, he does not exist

anyway if they not have one, Vol'jin was on the charge, and thrall was close, vol'jin was on orgrimmar, there are no urgency for a racial leader, but since sylvannas is leading, would be strange see her on Grommash hold...
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2016-05-08 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    the thing is, they are marked as "The chieftain is unknown", not "He does not exist" or they "dont have one yet"

or you assume, just because you does not know ho he is, he does not exist
    Thing is, clan identity was never much of a thing in the New Horde, especially among the orcs who got freed by the internment camps. Only clans like the Warsong, Dragonmaw, Frostwolves and the Blackrock of the Burning Steppes retained their heritage because they remained free, attached to their old habits and with a chieftain in charge. But your average orc of the New Horde simply saw Thrall as the Warchief.

The only notable exception are the Shattered Hand, but they have become more of an "assassin organization" rather than an actual clan, considered how Darkspear rogues joined it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Thing is, clan identity was never much of a thing in the New Horde, especially among the orcs who got freed by the internment camps. Only clans like the Warsong, Dragonmaw, Frostwolves and the Blackrock of the Burning Steppes retained their heritage because they remained free, attached to their old habits and with a chieftain in charge. But your average orc of the New Horde simply saw Thrall as the Warchief.

The only notable exception are the Shattered Hand, but they have become more of an "assassin organization" rather than an actual clan, considered how Darkspear rogues joined it as well.
    it is true too, that is why i say those clans (like warsong and blackrock) already have one chieftain, but they not named him yet, we can only speculate like Gargok is the chieftain of the warsong

but see, we could put the blackrock clan in this way too, but when Garrosh begin to bring more, we discovered that Malkorok became the chieftain, still say one day blizz will name one, then another expansion another, when they are needed

Deleted
    it is true too, that is why i say those clans (like warsong and blackrock) already have one chieftain, but they not named him yet, we can only speculate like Gargok is the chieftain of the warsong

but see, we could put the blackrock clan in this way too, but when Garrosh begin to bring more, we discovered that Malkorok became the chieftain, still say one day blizz will name one, then another expansion another, when they are needed
    I think it's the same like with the Church of holy Light. We would need a new Archbishop but everyone who works for Blizzard except the Janitor, a person I highly respect, don't cares and only works for 1 hour a die and half of this our they're watching an illegal Simpsons stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Doesn't add up. Vol'jin should be able to heal his wounds
    Maybe they mortal striked him ?

5hp/s, nothing you can do about it.

More like borrowed that poison Garrosh got his hands on in Dagger in the Dark.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

not really, the clan dont stay without a chieftain, its logic, every strong orc would fight for the position, its only blizzard not named then yet, and are tagged as "unknow" they exist, but we not know
    And yet, Orcs as a whole officially have no leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

As long as it isn't stated anywhere that the individual clans even still exist, let alone have a chieftain, they don't. Clans were defined by their choice of lifestyle and customs. Nowadays all orcs just live in Orgrimmar, aside from the odd straggler here and there.

Also, I don't recall it ever being stated Malkorok was the Blackrock chieftain, pretty sure that's your headcanon playing up again. It seems especially unlikely since Malkorok came from Outland, and was one of the orcs left behind when the Horde was formed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Malkorok came from Outland
    Nope, he served as Rend's lackey in Blackrock Mountain. He used to do for Blackhand Jr. what he later did for Garrosh, imposing dictatorial policies through either threatening, beating or elimination of troublesome individuals through sudden "disappearances".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Killed or Missing. Magini was entombed in Diamonds. Effectively lost. I know he's coming back for Legion, but still...
    I'd hesitate to say he's really coming back in Legion when he seems to be more of an earth elemental than the dwarf he was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I'd hesitate to say he's really coming back in Legion when he seems to be more of an earth elemental than the dwarf he was.
    It's the way WoW is these days. They take all the characters we love and turn them into overpowered Superheroes who have nothing in common with themselves anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i'm pretty sure the connection with the earth changed him somewhat, that's not a bad thing, IMO that could be a really nice character development if done right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    It's the way WoW is these days. They take all the characters we love and turn them into overpowered Superheroes who have nothing in common with themselves anymore.
    Like Varian? oh wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Well in the horde broken shore side, vol'jin is alive, and he dies in the quest after the broken shore from wounds sustained at the broken shore...

Then they have his funeral.

So he's dead dead.

We might see varian die in the cinematic I imagine, I do believe they will die for good. I don't think they'll be brought back in the last patch, it's just a stupid idea and bad story writing, kill them off and make their deaths meaningful.

Trolls don't burn their dead.

Also why would they remodel his weapon if they were just going to kill him off?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet, Orcs as a whole officially have no leader.
    Saurfang is now the Orc leader as of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... i'm pretty sure the connection with the earth changed him somewhat, that's not a bad thing, IMO that could be a really nice character development if done right!

- - - Updated - - -

Like Varian? oh wait
    Er, Varian's the champion of Goldrinn and is considered the supreme leader of all worgen. That was the point of Wolfheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Trolls don't burn their dead.

Also why would they remodel his weapon if they were just going to kill him off?

- - - Updated - - -

Saurfang is now the Orc leader as of Legion.
    So the player can use the weapon, of course.

I imagine troll gods were still not too happy with him being a little chump compared to his old man.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Er, Varian's the champion of Goldrinn and is considered the supreme leader of all worgen. That was the point of Wolfheart.
    That's the way how Blizz destroys characters. I think I'm not the only one who was far more happy with Varian, the awesome Warrior-King of Stormwind, before he became the Champion of Goldrinn or the wise nice guy.

If we need a wise guy or an exhibitionist, we call Velen.