Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    What would be the purpose of that?
    My point is that the forums were wall to wall hatred of Wrath when it was around, and now it's everyone's favourite expansion. So excuse me if I don't take anything the forums say seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My point is that the forums were wall to wall hatred of Wrath when it was around, and now it's everyone's favourite expansion. So excuse me if I don't take anything the forums say seriously.
    The amount of displeased voices were nowhere near the amount we had with WoD. I'd argue that not even Cataclysm (at least ignoring the "Too hard!" start and the "Too dull!" ending) had this much criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    I used to be a avid WoW subscriber since vanilla, took few breaks here and there in between content but always a consistent raider / pvper.

I personally didn't enjoy just about anything about WoD, hence I quit when Blackrock Foundry was launched and never came back.

Am I just experiencing burnout or was WoD really that bad?
    If you judge WoD from the standpoint of a bunch of rushed game reviewers playing the leveling experience on launch, Cata and MoP are superior expansions.

If you judge it more objectively as a long-term time and emotional investement for a subscriber paying over the course of two years, it's a total un-delivering clusterfuck.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The amount of displeased voices were nowhere near the amount we had with WoD. I'd argue that not even Cataclysm (at least ignoring the "Too hard!" start and the "Too dull!" ending) had this much criticism.
    Bullshit. I was here, every second thread was bitching about how Wrath ruined WoW.

Bullshit. I was here, every second thread was bitching about how Wrath ruined WoW.
    Didn't every xpac though have someone or other bitching since BC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm sure people did bitch. And the developers LISTENED. They took the criticism about welfare epics and wrath babies seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Didn't every xpac though have someone or other bitching since BC?
    BC did too. I made a thread ages ago with some archived posts from TBC era bitching about how the new expansion ruined the community :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I feel that Warlords was one of the worst, it seemed so promising to begin with. I loved levelling up the first time, but after that there was...well nothing to do but raid. LFR was alright the first few times, but there was no endgame after raiding unless I decided to do higher difficulties, which I'd rather not do. I'd prefer more of a variety of things like in MoP.

Don't get me wrong, at the time I thought Cata was horrendous and hated it, but at least there was more to do. I still dislike it and a lot of its story now, as I do Warlords, which I believe was just rushed out as a uni student would rush an essay out at the last minute. The story seemed like it had a lot of potential, but they just threw it all aside and then decided "Lol Archimonde" at the last minute, ignoring all the plot holes of Warlords, and even keeping Grom alive with no punishment for causing that in the first place.

Why did we even go to Draenor beyond just bringing Gul'dan back to kill? There was no meaningful story progression beyond that that has lead into Legion, just Gul'dan. Nothing else seemed to have counted for anything.

So TLDR:Yes, to me it was the worst by far.
    Lets not forget that while the raiding was good, the 20m mythic thing, which guilds were hugely against from the start and when it was being tested in MoP, made it so casual and hardcore alike were pissed off despite the high quality of the encounters themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Oh I'm sure people did bitch. And the developers LISTENED. They took the criticism about welfare epics and wrath babies seriously...
    Stop that. WoD had about the same raid content at launch than any other expansion sans WotLK which had terrible first tier raiding.

Raiding didnt take away from anyone. The issue wasnt that raiding was focused, it was focused just as much as it was in any other expansion. The issue was they forgot to put anything else there for players to do and replaced it all with garrisons.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Blizzard should remove LFR`s. That will fix porblem(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Blizzard should remove LFR`s. That will fix porblem(s)...
    I think removing mythic would solve more issues than removing LFR

Remove mythic, increase normal (which is considered by many to be way to easy) and heroic a bit to compensate.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    More dungeons
    More bgs
    More scenarios

etc etc all eschewed in favor of raids

Mythic is new content solely aimed at you and yours while everyone else got jack shit. Essentially raid or die. The fact that you got what you did is a gross inequity and the fact that you somehow think YOU (raiders) got the shaft is just more proof that the devs have spoiled you.
    What BGs? Not a single new battleground was added in WoD. Scenarios? Even if there were even a shred of those in WoD, are those not be designed for casual players? More dungeons? We had 2 raid tiers and HFC will overtake SoO as the longest running raid in the game's history (over 425 days in a single raid). No new dungeons were added throughout any content patch; which left the playerbase with a measly 8 dungeons to spam over and over.

You must have some misconception of the mythic playerbase. A lot of us want to see new content outside of raids being released. We want pvp to be fun and engaging. It gives us things to do on the 3-4 days that we aren't raiding mythic each week. I don't know where this idea that we want a large playerbase to suffer just to see more raid content came from, but you can stop spouting it like it's truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Stop that. WoD had about the same raid content at launch than any other expansion sans WotLK which had terrible first tier raiding.

Raiding didnt take away from anyone. The issue wasnt that raiding was focused, it was focused just as much as it was in any other expansion. The issue was they forgot to put anything else there for players to do and replaced it all with garrisons.
    WoTLK had a really good opening tier of raiding I don't understand where you are getting that. Naxx was a good warm-up raid. It offered a lot of accessibility to a much larger playerbase than we had seen in BC. Plus you had a good taste of hardmodes to come with sartharion-3D. Malygos offered a different, albeit annoying, vehicle style phase which at least was an attempt to spice things up. It wasn't perfect, but for a first tier it certainly got a lot of things right. And the raids which followed were easily some of the best raids ever put into the game.
    Last edited by orangeaccord311; 2016-05-09 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samus View Post
    It was a completely arbitrary expansion. When WoD is over, people will only remember the bad stuff about it.

2 tiers of raiding

No New Battlegrouds

No New Arena Maps
    These are good things. Every BG released since arathi basin has been gutter trash garbage.
    WSG isn't playable anymore due to how classes work(in pugs), most notably burst of speed being a thing in the game on the tankiest class in the game, but it's still a good map when classes aren't fucked beyond belief.

AV was a good map before they ruined it by catering to people who can only handle 15 minutes of the same map before having an aneurysm.

The only factually good arena map is nagrand, and you can only make so many nagrand clones before there's no point. Waste of art assets/dev time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Fantastic video. I've been saying all this crap since WOTLK. It sad it's taken people like 6-7 years to finally realize it. Wonder how long it'll take Blizzard?

It is objectively the worst.

The longest content Drought.

Less Raid Teirs.

Reputations were reverted to stages of development that are more primitive than Timbermaw (Seriously less developed than a Classic Reputation how did you fuck this up after Tillers)

For the first time in forever Dungeons were rendered irrelivenet after a few weeks.

The first patch of the expansion was on the same level as a patch from Burning Crusade in terms of content.

LFR was a downgrade from MoP.

Legendary Ring was the shittiest legendary to date.

Garrisons were a good feature but they were too central to the expansion expereince. What should have been supplimental Became mandatory isntead.

Honsetly, as badly as Cata Gets a rap, It was the product of a Manic Artist who took a risk and failed. Warlords was the product of a mismanaged crew and felt abandoned halfway through.

So while Cata ranks second worst I can at least respect it's endeavors and attempts at what it did. Warlords gets no such admiration.

Deleted
    No, Cata was far worse.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    These are good things. Every BG released since arathi basin has been gutter trash garbage.
    WSG isn't playable anymore due to how classes work(in pugs), most notably burst of speed being a thing in the game on the tankiest class in the game, but it's still a good map when classes aren't fucked beyond belief.

AV was a good map before they ruined it by catering to people who can only handle 15 minutes of the same map before having an aneurysm.

The only factually good arena map is nagrand, and you can only make so many nagrand clones before there's no point. Waste of art assets/dev time.

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic video. I've been saying all this crap since WOTLK. It sad it's taken people like 6-7 years to finally realize it. Wonder how long it'll take Blizzard?
    That video is pure, freaking bollocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revo751 View Post
    No, Cata was far worse.
    Only, you know, it wasn't.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That video is pure, freaking bollocks.
    It reads like a Buzzfeed article. "27 things only REAL classic Vanilla raiders remember. Game developers HATE him!"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It reads like a Buzzfeed article. "27 things only REAL classic Vanilla raiders remember. Game developers HATE him!"
    Ew buzzfeed....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

some of the things in it were legit...but he said its pay to win..lol

Cata was worst.
    WoD is close to Cata tho.

Yup its pretty dang bad. Cata feels great comparatively and I hate Cata with a passion.