Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because eventually they will be usable in mythic raids and when they are they need to make sure they won't break encounters etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Because eventually they will be usable in mythic raids and when they are they need to make sure they won't break encounters etc.
    Isn't that their designed intent though? I thought the idea of the new legendary items where to be game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Isn't that their designed intent though? I thought the idea of the new legendary items where to be game breaking.
    Game changing, I mean say for example a legendary for some reason bugs out a mythic boss so that the mythic only mechanic can be ignored or something like that, thats not the intended design however making the mechanic easier to deal with thus essentially nerfing the encounter could be one of benefits of the legendaries and since they won't be active during the world first race its not like its gonna massively hurt people's pride.. That much anyways.

Blizz is lazy. Even with player help they are not going to be able to balance all the legendaries.

All the feedback will do is maybe tune down some of the outliers But believe me a lot of legendaries that are overpowered will hit the live servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Isn't the point of a Test to get feedback?
    You'd think that, but half the class forums are collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Blizz is lazy. Even with player help they are not going to be able to balance all the legendaries.

All the feedback will do is maybe tune down some of the outliers But believe me a lot of legendaries that are overpowered will hit the live servers.
    Except, like usual, what makes a legendary OP will change from person to person. Although I guess the resource generating legendary will always be OP simply because they help classes where the bottleneck of their design is their resource generation (Demon Hunter) and break it open.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    No legendary trinkets.

But I am fine with it. The days of "1 legendary per raid" are over, they realize it created a very toxic enviroment in the guild, who gets it first, then that person leaves despite you think they'd never leave, or too many get out too quickly and then they're a -requirement- for the next tier of progression, if you don't get one you're fucked...

Then the guilds splitting because of them.

The drama.

It's a bad system, while many don't like the new, it won't cause crazy drama over them. The old system should be gone and stay gone. It was a bad system for the community and guilds.
    There was drama over legendaries back in the day? News to me. As a GM of a guild from vanilla until ICC, then an officer in another from ICC until current. I can say that there was never any actual drama over old legendaries. I hear more complaining now than I ever did due to one person getting 10 tomes vs one getting 2 tomes a week.

As someone pointed out, actual guilds had this all worked out and there was no issues with it. Guild's who did have problems with it had poor leadership or were just a random guild found in trade chat.

These "legendary" items are only going to end up being the headache that no one wanted.

Such a waste of time, resources and assets.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    There was drama over legendaries back in the day? News to me. As a GM of a guild from vanilla until ICC, then an officer in another from ICC until current. I can say that there was never any actual drama over old legendaries. I hear more complaining now than I ever did due to one person getting 10 tomes vs one getting 2 tomes a week.

As someone pointed out, actual guilds had this all worked out and there was no issues with it. Guild's who did have problems with it had poor leadership or were just a random guild found in trade chat.
    Really? I always hear from my guilds oldest members how people would hop guilds after getting legendaries so they could stack them. Most common with the Glaives from BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Maybe they are testing the perception vs reality aspect.
    But perception IS reality, that's why it was more important for them to figure out added content was mandatory rather than continue to produce a hellish load more of netherwing sky-racer content.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Really? I always hear from my guilds oldest members how people would hop guilds after getting legendaries so they could stack them. Most common with the Glaives from BT.
    We had none of our glaives leave and we had 11 total glaives - (7 main, 4 off). A few quit WoW during the time, but none left to other places. I heard about that kind of thing a little little bit, but never anything huge. It was mostly a story that people tried to use for why their guild was bad or under-progressed. The worst I ever heard was in Dragon Soul for spine of deathwing arcane mages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Simply put, you were lucky with your guild. I don't complain I was lucky too, noone tried to poach our legendaries and we did not try to poach anyone either because we felt it was a shitty thing to do. But it did happen a lot. My guess is that the majority of raiding guilds are not as successful and drama free as ours were.
    But were we really? I really didn't hear about it, ever, until Cata times. I heard of 1 person leaving a guild with dual glaives, then coming back in like 2 days cause Blizzard let them undo it because it was so quick. I was a much more informed person back in those days as well since my guild was my life in college. This kind of thing isn't something we haven't talked about with friends/guildies/etc before and every time I heard the same thing. "We must have been lucky." It is possible that we were just normal and people who had crap happen were unlucky?

Game changing, not game breaking. I mean, it might happen that some of the defensive legendaries can just complete break some of the encounter mechanics.
    That is also part of the question they asked on the forums - figure out which of those legendaries might just be too strong to break the game or the offset the balance way too much. As others have said, players are usually way more creative in finding game-breaking interactions.

Nah, was your guild server first at the time? We were so we weren't in much danger from poachers (and had enough skill and legendaries to not need to poach. But I know the second and third guilds on both sides did poach people from lower guilds that had just 1 staff. It wasn't uncommon. And these days with people getting used to having to server transfer (sigh) it would get even worse. I know our mage did get an offer from a more advanced guild from another server when he got ranked.
    Yeah, we were first on server. Around 10-15th US iirc. I only heard of people trying to poach from us once and it was Killars trying to get people to join vodka reform.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why is this even a question? Why do you think they run the alpha/beta at all?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Lol.

Blizzard can't win, they ask for no feedback people QQ about no feedback.

They ask for shit tons of feedback and do a shit ton about it, and suddenly it's a bad thing.

I think they're trying to gauge how op some are vs. how weak some are to see how long it should be disabled in mythic.

My guess is probably for the first 4-6 weeks.
    Blizzard asks for feedback on stuff we don't want. Hence the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Blizzard asks for feedback on stuff I don't want. Hence the concern.
    Fixed that for you. You speak for yourself, not for everyone else.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I truly despise these welfare legendarys lately. The MoP standard of everyone gets 1, now everyone gets a artifact weapon -which I do like-minded plus all these random legendary rings and necklaces and trinkets. It's too much.
    It could be turn into something good tho.

If legendary becomes the "new epic", then we´d kind of go back to the times when epics were epics.

Just, we´d need a new "legendary" item.

There was a lot of drama due to Tarecgosa. It did not help at all that the only difficulty in the next tier was best solved by stacking that damn staff.
    mate its not cata anymore - nowadays if tarcegosa happened everybody and their motherwho raids mythic would have fotm alt ready to go and farm it on alt runs / pugs with "targegosa stuff reserved" -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Blizzard asks for feedback on stuff we don't want. Hence the concern.
    But we do want it, its just that some of you dont.

This is an example of why legendaries should not be added to this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD6tDV786TI

In short there is no way they can "balance" that many legendaries by launch and we still don't know the exact parameters of how the legendaries are obtained.