Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    We want the big fiery smoking hole in Stromwind to be rebuilt

- Blizz rebuilds it -

OMG I'M SO DISSAPOINTED, THIS NOT LOOKS LIKE PRE CATA PARK !!!1!1

sigh...

It didn't even looked like a damn park in the first place... It was always just an pointless extension to mage quarter...
    Cause that one guy made both those statements. Honestly I think it's a silly theme too. Why would a memorial to WoW D-Day not be put in the graveyard area?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    Voicing an opinion is done by giving valid arguments, most people here are just complaining about nothing. The more I read mmo-champ (and other sources), the more I realise its not the WoW community that is toxic, its only the mmo-champ community who is.
    No, that's having a debate. Voicing an opinion is done without being an ass, as the OP has done. You don't need a valid argument for disliking the color purple, for instance. He's not a fan. I don't see the big deal. I don't really like it either. I'm not "Complaining" Just... Don't like the idea for it.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Looks like a park to me.
    Dunno, when I was in Hyde Park today I saw grass and trees and benches and fountains, not a grave tomb, a stone circle floor and a memorial wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Dunno, when I was in Hyde Park today I saw grass and trees and benches and fountains, not a grave tomb, a stone circle floor and a memorial wall.
    If you watch the video you will see grass, trees, a fountain, and benches.

I've also been to many parks that have stone walkways and memorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    I would be interested to know if you /tired him would he give people the Wayfarer's Bonfire toy who do not yet have it.
    I tried a lot of different emotes from /praise to /tired and he didn't react at all, but they probably just haven't implemented it yet. I'm sure he will do it in the live version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. MMO-Champ users WILL complain about anything. Be glad you got something at all because before they weren't even planning to fix it ever last I heard.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Cause that one guy made both those statements. Honestly I think it's a silly theme too. Why would a memorial to WoW D-Day not be put in the graveyard area?
    Because you don't generally put memorials in graveyards? Just like a real D-Day memorial:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_D-Day_Memorial

Looks terrible and is redundant to Stormwind City's design. It is a city supposed to compliment every race. But its 100% human now. They just need a cheesy excuse to obliterate dwarven district and the tram now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in the rebuilt park.

It looks nothing like the park did pre-cataclysm - it was large open area, surrounded by enterable buildings and a big moonwell. This new park is literaly just a tiny graveyard, there's nothing else there... No open area, no buildings, no moonwell, virtually no grass at all.

I was really hoping for the big public green, with taverns and shops around its edge to come back. It's a complete change in theme.

Really not pleased about it.
    That's because they didn't build a park, they built a memorial.

"We want stormwind park"
    "ok here you go it's been repaired"
    "NO! We want it another way!"

Honestly though, this looks more like a park than before. Originally it just looked like the mage district without the big tower in the center.

THE. PARK. SUCKED.

Holy shit can't you let anything go? The WoW community is incredibly conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by dexofthenightfall View Post
    Well I mean the Legion seems to have space ships, so I think a naval attack is the least of their worries. They should build a dome.
    And make the horde pay for it!
    #politicalreference

I think it looks pretty good honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I know a lot of people were hoping for like "the Gilneas" sector but oh well we didn't get it.
    Oh I don't know. Seems like a good lawn to walk your dogs...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for someone to make this thread. You're right, it's -not- the park, it's Lion's Rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Looks terrible and is redundant to Stormwind City's design. It is a city supposed to compliment every race. But its 100% human now. They just need a cheesy excuse to obliterate dwarven district and the tram now.
    At least it seems the Night Elf druid trainers are back.

It looks fine. The old park was nothing special let it go

Considering it was literally a giant crater ... I think the people of Stormwind have done well to repair it.

It'd be nice to have a few more NPC's in the area, but I'm sure they'll add them in time.

I think it's cool! Yes, it's a bit small, but I think it looks pretty impressive and like an actual memorial would look like. Remember that this is a "ground zero" of sorts, many people lost their lives that day and in that space. It makes sense that they wouldn't just build normal houses over it, but instead create a beautiful memorial.

I'm just so glad that the shattered eyesore of an area is made pretty again. Let's hope some of the other areas destroyed in Cata will also get some love. Looking at you, Loch Modan dam ....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Considering it was literally a giant crater ... I think the people of Stormwind have done well to repair it.

It'd be nice to have a few more NPC's in the area, but I'm sure they'll add them in time.

It would be bittersweet to have some NPC's come there on certain days or times, to stand there for a bit and cry, and say something about the ones they've lost.

While i would have a rebuilt version of the old one this version of the Park is fine by me, the only thing I would real change is replace one of the trees with a moonwell to give a nod to the old park. All and although I'm just glad they finally put SOMETHING there instead of the crater and the waterfall design was a nice way around the change in water level of the canals.

You complainers will be fine. You'll go there once and check it out and then forget it exists for 3 expansions so really this is not worth worrying about.