Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Awesome! Some of the CM sets in MoP were really fantastic, great to see alternative colour schemes, can get some pretty transmog ideas out of them.

And yes, I completed the MoP Challenge Modes with about 8 characters + Mistwalker title. I do not mind others getting the similar sets. I wouldn't mind if everyone could get the same, exact sets I did back then.
    I fully agree, and I of course am not PRO - I sadly didn't have Realm best titles/feats, but - I have cm gold 9/9 (mop) on 3 of my characters (2 warriors, 1 pali). I actually have been petitioning for Blizzard to bring them BACK because I always wanted that priest CM set haha, and just like the arcanite Ripper (on my old main warrior: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...olist/advanced ) I kept getting a LOT of people asking me where it was from etc back when transmogging dropped in mid Cata (last PVE patch), and Blizzard finally put it in game through the BMAH. I'm one of those guys that think that even though an items removed from the game, their should STILL BE a way to get the item for people that are new to the game etc.

I think the recolors look sick, and I wish it would just plain and simple be literally the exact same shapes, WITH the enchant spells with a heavy tint of the new colors.. I mean it would bring people back to the game alone even.

So far the recolors have a lot of different shapes in them even besides the recolors, they don't have the special glow effects on the new sets either. As someone stated (rigged cannibal), I love the warrior set as well (and I have two warriors with the current set cm mop set) - looking forward to these new sets!

Honestly, CM dungeons aren't that difficult. Tired of low-level players trying to claim how good they are because they managed to scratch gold.

I did it. And I'm perfectly fine with these sets. In fact, I want the other recolors to be made available as well. Why the heck were they created if Blizzard won't use them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I am absolutely Ok with that... but I can't understand only one thing, really. Blizzard refused to unlock original sets for alts of another classes for people who completed MoP CMs because reasons... and then they instead just give free recolors to everyone. Logic 404?
    Well, recolors but significantly nerfed. They un-fancified the shoulders, and the effects are gone (i.e. the casting effects).

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Well, recolors but significantly nerfed. They un-fancified the shoulders, and the effects are gone (i.e. the casting effects).

I wonder how many people will actually play with shoulders once the new T Mog system rolls in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    I wonder how many people will actually play with shoulders once the new T Mog system rolls in.
    It will be interesting to see! I actually like shoulders on almost all of my toons, really. It'll be interesting to see how many people don't display them anymore.

Eh I dunno. I bought the one CM set that I have, so I don't really care one way or the other. I think it's cool that I'll be able to get the rogue and priest recolors, wanted them but didn't feel like doing the work or paying for them in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Should've just left these sets alone and made new ones, but of course they always have to diminish people's efforts.
    It doesn't diminish them at all, what're you smoking?

Or does the shit-colored Amani Bear somehow diminish people who have the cool one?

On the contrary, as someone who owns the MoP CM Druid set, I *wish* the new set looked as good. If the Druid Order Hall set had branches, I'd switch to that. The color scheme is so cool! It just doesn't look the same without the branches. Meanwhile, Priests get an exact recolor. Fuck me.

Having a recolor of the set doesn't take away that you earned the original, which will always look different.

Mop CMs were hard , if by hard you mean grab a full LFR ToT set armor with as many sockets as you could and then go on open raid or oqueu >.> cause thats how i got 3 chars gold cm in mop. Now tbh i loved my paladins Mop Set but that armor can be manipulated with T2 which i dont like that much and make a great outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    It doesn't diminish them at all, what're you smoking?

Or does the shit-colored Amani Bear somehow diminish people who have the cool one?

On the contrary, as someone who owns the MoP CM Druid set, I *wish* the new set looked as good. If the Druid Order Hall set had branches, I'd switch to that. The color scheme is so cool! It just doesn't look the same without the branches. Meanwhile, Priests get an exact recolor. Fuck me.

Having a recolor of the set doesn't take away that you earned the original, which will always look different.
    Even if they were the same exact model but different colors it would still be possible to distinguish the ones who did in MoP from the ones who didn't. Same as who did HFC from the ones who PvP.

It would bring variety to everyone because at this point I dont belive players who have CM sets to use order halls ones even if they are bored of the CM set colors

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I don't know. I think the wings are exactly what makes the Paladin CM set so pretty. And the blue/golden colour, of course.
    But then again, I only play female Blood Elves - on which shoulders don't look as ridiculously oversized as on some other races.
    Oversized? No such thing Male tauren is my #1 choice, and the CM set looks great on them, especially Pally, shammy and priest.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a good 4-5 glances to actually tell which one was the druid set. I'm ok with this.
    Thundercunts and stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Oversized? No such thing Male tauren is my #1 choice, and the CM set looks great on them, especially Pally, shammy and priest.
    I dislike huge shoulders even more than oversized weapons - and that says something, because I hugely dislike both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252662/l...pdates?refresh

I guess it's noobs dream come true. Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored. Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    The Hunter set doesnt even have a wolf on its shoulder, so no, it aint the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Hmmm. It's nice that we get this, but I still mourn over the unused recolors of the CM sets. Maybe one day we'll be able to get them, and maybe even the original ones. I say that as someone who has the CM set on my Shaman (and actually DID the CM, didn't buy it). I long a bit for the DK and Druid sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252662/l...pdates?refresh

I guess it's noobs dream come true. Now you get to have the same set as other players just recolored. Best part this is rewards from playing the facebook game.
    Considering how many people simply bought their CM gear rather than actually earning it, who cares? When Blizz figures out a way to block people from buying carries on everything so that ALL of those who have achieves and titles can say they actually earned it, then you'll have a valid argument against reusing models. Until then, it's no different than any other transmog in the game. Don't hold your breath waiting though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who earned my set I welcome this. The more recolours the better, if Blizzard finds a meaningful way to distribute them, not just buying them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondonian View Post
    I've been saying it since MoP that Blizzard will eventually give these sets to everyone. They cannot keep anything sacred. No matter how you want to spin it, this devalues the old CM sets. If someone bought it for gold really doesn't matter. If you currently don't have it then you didnt have the skill or the ability to earn gold in MoP, which means you don't deserve the sets.
    Everyone with the least bit of experience will be able to tell them apart on the spot. I might would agree to some extent if they looked the same, and like, also had the flashy shoulders - but they don't. They look similar, but a lot more simplistic.

Also, yes it did matter how you got them - paying 50k or like 40$ in order to get a carry didn't really require any more skill than getting the new ones from the order hall.

The Monk one doesn't look like the CM set which is total garbage, so that's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondonian View Post
    I've been saying it since MoP that Blizzard will eventually give these sets to everyone. They cannot keep anything sacred. No matter how you want to spin it, this devalues the old CM sets. If someone bought it for gold really doesn't matter. If you currently don't have it then you didnt have the skill or the ability to earn gold in MoP, which means you don't deserve the sets. Absolutely sickening. No wonder everyone quit this game and has no urge to come back.
    Most of the class hall sets have very immediately noticeable differences from the mists Cmode sets in actual item models, let alone lacking any of the distinct visual particle effects that the cmode sets have. Saying Blizzard is "giving these sets to everyone" is incredibly disingenuous.

Go to wowhead and compare yourself. Look at the significantly shortened horns on the warlock class hall helm compared to the Cmode helm, for example.
    Last edited by Anoregon; 2016-07-07 at 03:50 PM.