Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Yes, it's such good gameplay seeing Torbjonn's get play of the game by running around mindlessly while their turret racks up four kills. Plently of things used to be done a certian way, doesn't mean it should stay that way.
    So stop walking in front of it? God forbid torb should get play of the game because of stupid.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-09 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have somewhat of a love hate relationship with Bastion. Feels really nice to counter him when no one knows how to (people are learning though), but my highish ping (100ms to 160ms RTT) makes it so I don't have time to use an escape ability if I accidentally peek him. I do think his dps could be reduced a tad bit, but he isn't too much of a problem. It is hilarious in/against groups that have no idea how to counter him, gets a bit boring after a while though.

Edit: Unfortunately Bastion and Widowmaker players are also slowly learning to not shred a Gengi on sight, sad times friends
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-05-09 at 02:23 AM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

I love how people come up with justifications, work-arounds, strategies against him, etc...

... that's beyond the point. You have to see hero strengths as standalone champions, at every level of play, organized or not, and Bastion is absolutely bonkers right now.

A zero difficulty\skill champion that just points and clicks cannot be as strong as he is right now. It's asinine.

Now... some people might find that playstyle fun, which i highly doubt it, what they find fun is how strong he is, but alas, that's beyond the point.

Bjorn is a lot more balanced, with a huge buildup to reach that same strength, and the inability to just relocate instantly, so i find him to actually be fun to play. Bastion is just absurd.

Any Defend team in any level of play will just abuse it, and at the lower\less coordinated level\more solo players, it will be devastating, as proven by the beta\alpha\whatever it is, and soon to hit live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I like how people keep posting that prediction as if it means something.

It's like recording a video of yourself saying, "I bet people scream in pain when I light them on fire." and then lighting them on fire and claiming that they're being unreasonable by screaming. Well no shit.

(That's not to say that I care about Bastion that much either way, it's just that the whole "prediction" thing seems silly. It's not proof one way or the other about the state of the character.)
    Dont know dude. I have no problem to deal with Bastion pick at all. I see that *** on def reking my team well too bad that i have that tracer backdooring with ult. Or reaper going behind enemy back line and raping them there. Or Pharah or widow with range poke as Bastion is stationari target. Maybe you should first learn how to play.

Learn 2 play = switch to 1 of a few characters who can counter him
    Whether you think thats a good thing or not, or if its too far is another thing, people know by now you can counter him.

Deleted
    how to counter bastion:

strafe around a corner and shoot at him

you're welcome

yesterday i made a bastion kill himself 8 times in a sinlge match with genji, fun times

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I think a fair nerf could be the time it takes to transform to turret mode
    I've seen too many kill cams where he sees someone, hits lshift, and kills them all before he can get killed (this is especially prevalent in group combat, like a 2v2 or 3v3)
    Conversely I've died several times mid-transform.

I'd prefer they just dial down his damage. Or give it a wind-up or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Bastion has been buffed every single patch and I doubt they'll nerf him.
    Only change I recall is removing his bonus armour in turret mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    how to counter bastion:

you're welcome
    If only that worked on Torbjorn's turret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's not problem with Bastion himself, it's just that it's too easy to play as defenders in Overwatch. It has more to do with map design. If the other team plays defense and picks 1-2 Bastions, 1-2 Torbjorns, a Hanzo/Widowmaker and a healer, it's very very hard to break them with the very limited options for flanking.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I love how people come up with justifications, work-arounds, strategies against him, etc...

... that's beyond the point. You have to see hero strengths as standalone champions, at every level of play, organized or not, and Bastion is absolutely bonkers right now.

A zero difficulty\skill champion that just points and clicks cannot be as strong as he is right now. It's asinine.

Now... some people might find that playstyle fun, which i highly doubt it, what they find fun is how strong he is, but alas, that's beyond the point.

Bjorn is a lot more balanced, with a huge buildup to reach that same strength, and the inability to just relocate instantly, so i find him to actually be fun to play. Bastion is just absurd.

Any Defend team in any level of play will just abuse it, and at the lower\less coordinated level\more solo players, it will be devastating, as proven by the beta\alpha\whatever it is, and soon to hit live.

theres so many counters to him though thats the thing, play a sniper, play roadhog and grip him, hanzo ulti him, shield wall into his face

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    My take away from this thread is that I should play Bastion.
    Should play all of them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    I have zero idea what blizzard was thinking when they implemented this champion. Yes I know he has his counters the few that exist, but trying to kill a bastion with a bunch of random people is a fucking nightmare. Trying to get everyone to group up and not run in single file only to be mowed down by his left click to win auto attack >.> And god forbid the defense team actually protects the bastion as well...have fun with that lol
    Off the top of my head I can think of 10 ways to counter Bastion. ALONE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're letting Bastion shoot you, you've already screwed up. Try not making that same mistake?

Also, tank characters are not meant to be able to sit and soak focus fire. About the only one who comes close is Reinhardt, and then only because of his shield, which he can't attack or move quickly when it's up.
    LETTING? Dude I was behind cover and he saw 1 smidge of my leg and took me out like he was a sniper!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    how to counter bastion:

You forgot to add "hope he doesn't notice you and pre-fire", because you'll get shredded much faster than him. Worst part is he can keep firing for 7 seconds. Sure, if he does do that, someone else will kill him, but quite often these "pff, it's trivial, just do X" aren't all that easy in practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    LETTING? Dude I was behind cover and he saw 1 smidge of my leg and took me out like he was a sniper!
    The common logic is that appearently Bastions are blind and deaf, so only way they could ever hit someone is if they afk in front of their crosshair. Nevermind that they have high accuracy, range and damage and will try to position themselves in a safe spot that grants good vision.

Nope, Bastion stays in the open and gets sniped by Widowmaker, Pharah and suicides on Genji.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-05-09 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You forgot to add "hope he doesn't notice you and pre-fire", because you'll get shredded much faster than him. Worst part is he can keep firing for 7 seconds. Sure, if he does do that, someone else will kill him, but quite often these "pff, it's trivial, just do X" aren't all that easy in practice.The common logic is that appearently Bastions are blind and deaf, so only way they could ever hit someone is if they afk in front of their crosshair. Nevermind that they have high accuracy, range and damage and will try to position themselves in a safe spot that grants good vision.

Nope, Bastion stays in the open and gets sniped by Widowmaker, Pharah and suicides on Genji.
    Not saying that but he is not a sniper class, 1 little leg out of place and you're dead.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Does anyone else think that it's kinda bullshit that bastion has complete range of rotation in turret mode? I mean, it kinda makes giving him a critical hit spot on his back pointless because he can easily just do a 180 and start shooting you if you don't 1 shot him with it. I dunno, just seems to me that he shouldn't have full rotational range in turret mode because then there's no area that you can attack from.

I mean his more natural counters are snipers, people with teleports, and people who can attack from above but in turret mode he can cover all of those angles.

Reaper or Tracers teleports behind him? He can turn around and just tear him apart

Pharah is launching rockets from above? No problem, he can shoot all the way straight up at a 90 degree angle so there's no blind spot to take advantage of

Snipers attack him from far off? Oh wait, his crit spot is in his back, so they can't one shot him like they can do to literally everyone else besides tanks

It seems the only way to for sure take out a good bastion that is aware of his surroundings is with a Hanzo ult through a wall or with a good Junk Rat blind firing from behind cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    Snipers attack him from far off? Oh wait, his crit spot is in his back, so they can't one shot him like they can do to literally everyone else besides tanks
    True, you can't one-shot him with Widow, but Bastion will die before he can retaliate - if Bastion has chosen proper location, he might be fast enough to jump out from sentry-form and get behind a wall, but usually Widows simply shoot quick-scope afterwards and kill him with 2-shots.

Deleted
    Bastion is considered bottom of the bottom trash tier by nearly all pro players and has seen negative tournament play in the few tournaments that have happened.
    If its so OP to just protect him with a team why aren't the pros doing it?
    Hes just a hero that demands very little skill to be rewarding and when you re facing many new players he can seem overwhelming when you have no idea how to counter him.
    Heroes like zarya, junkrat,widow, tracer and genji are a ton scarier than bastion when played well.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel most of the discussion here is getting a bit misguided. There are people who are arguing for and against Bastion being OP, and others are arguing for and against him being fun. Those are two significantly different things. Personally i dont find him fun, because the skill it takes to get kills on him is so low. On the other hand once i get behind the enemy team and just kill of their reinforcements, he is the easiest target i can think of. While it does allow me to kill him over and over again and give a better chance to win, it still isnt fun. No other hero requires such a low skill cap to punish some bad teammates i might have. In the end, based on enemy skill level, he is either OP or trash, but doesnt really have teams or maps where he actually appears balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    True, you can't one-shot him with Widow, but Bastion will die before he can retaliate - if Bastion has chosen proper location, he might be fast enough to jump out from sentry-form and get behind a wall, but usually Widows simply shoot quick-scope afterwards and kill him with 2-shots.
    And my point was that putting his critical hit spot in his back while also giving him full range of rotation cancel each other out because it makes both of what should be hard counters unable to effectively deal with him since snipers who can shoot him from far off enough that he doesn't notice can't one shot him, like they can do to most other characters with a headshot, and mobile characters that can get up behind him can't safely approach because he can just flip around and shred them apart which is why they should restrict his range of motion a bit so that he can't just stay in turret mode all the time to deal with things. I mean think about if his horizontal rotation was restricted to 270 degrees so he could deal with flanking, but couldn't completely cover his own back and then restricted his vertical rotation to 60 degrees so that pharah's had to get high up on him and relatively close in order to safely attack him without getting shredded instantly. The vertical rotation would also encourage good bastions to choose areas with a ceilings or some sort of cover above him so that it would be at least harder for pharahs to get a shot off, and the horizontal rotation changes would make it so that bastion can't just stay in turret mode for close range so it would make people use his recon mode more often.