Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump of the east

What the fuck is happening to the world?

Jesus Christ. Is an economic downturn all it takes to bring the crazes and their supporters out of the woodwork.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-09 at 11:12 AM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I don't really see the problem with him honestly. He cleaned up his hometown when he was mayor and completely turned it around, kind of like Giuliani in NYC.

Protip: comedy shows aren't a quality source of realistic analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    In the US they are considered the most non biased and reputable.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    In the US they are considered the most non biased and reputable.
    And strangely enough that's more or less right.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't really see the problem with him honestly.
    No I doubt you would. While cleaning up crime is admirable...using death squads to do so not so much. Or the fact you seemed to ignore the point in the video at 3:10.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2016-05-09 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just deport this asshole. Every time he is on, he just bitches about the US and his voice is so grating. He isnt even a citizen, if he hates this country so much he can go live in whatever hole he crawled out of

7+ Year Old Account
    Ahh man I love John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They should just deport this asshole. Every time he is on, he just bitches about the US and his voice is so grating. He isnt even a citizen, if he hates this country so much he can go live in whatever hole he crawled out of
    It is so obvious you did not even watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    No I doubt you would. While cleaning up crime is admirable...using death squads to do so not so much. Or the fact you seemed to ignore the point in the video at 3:10.
    I'm not watching that shitty show which skews everything to fit an agenda. He used death squads sure but the Philippines can't be held to the same judicial standards as other countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Japan still hangs people frequently and we have practically eradicated non-organized crime from our society partly due to the severity of punishments. Just because the guy enforced harsh rules and says weird things doesn't mean he would be a bad president.

The Philippines is a strange country of Catholic and Muslim extremists.

I'm not watching that shitty show which skews everything to fit an agenda. He used death squads sure but the Philippines can't be held to the same judicial standards as other countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Japan still hangs people frequently and we have practically eradicated non-organized crime from our society partly due to the severity of punishments. Just because the guy enforced harsh rules and says weird things doesn't mean he would be a bad president.

"Japan is often considered slightly odd compared to other countries. Its economic success, distinct culture and disciplined population has made Japan rather unique, and produced one of the lowest crime rates in the world" -hammer meet the head of the nail. also, organized crime is abysmal in Japan so thats not saying much. however neither of which has anything to do with hanging people or lack there of. also. pretty sure death squads are never the answer. talk about whitewashing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    It is so obvious you did not even watch the video.
    I did watch the video as hard as it is to listen to him talk with that annoying voice and anti-American snarkiness he always uses. He just rambles on about this guy running for election and how he made a few comments about raping a woman before someone else could and then tries to make it look like Trump would say that. Its disingenuous at best and outright slander at worst

Deleted
    John Oliver is very funny but has become maybe a bit too politically biased, but hey everything is these days

Sounds like a Loose Cannon in charge of the Philippines then
    And please do not rate him as Trump like.. that is insulting to Trump who is not as half as bad like this guy.
    This guys sounds crazy
    and reckons he will take China on himself , over the South China Sea.
    Lol Good Luck..

Rodrigo Duterte has dared the United States and Australia to cut diplomatic ties with the Philippines after their ambassadors criticized his joke about the jailhouse rape of a missionary.

Duterte also told the ambassadors to “shut their mouths” and not to “interfere” in the elections as controversy continued to rage over his comments in which he said he wanted to have been the first to rape Australian missionary Jacqueline Hamill, who was gang-raped and murdered in a prison riot in Davao City in 1989.

“If I become the President, go ahead and sever it (diplomatic ties),” Duterte, 71, said on the campaign trail on Wednesday night, referring to the relationships with the United States and Australia, two of the Philippines’ closest allies.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/780825/...#ixzz489xmCzxu
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    "Japan is often considered slightly odd compared to other countries. Its economic success, distinct culture and disciplined population has made Japan rather unique, and produced one of the lowest crime rates in the world" -hammer meet the head of the nail. also, organized crime is abysmal in Japan so thats not saying much. however neither of which has anything to do with hanging people or lack there of. also. pretty sure death squads are never the answer. talk about whitewashing.
    Well clearly the policy worked in Davao. The city is incredibly safe now regardless of the measures he used.

Who exactly are you quoting? Organized crime is not that big of a deal in Japan. Most of the families fight among themselves but the Yakuza isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are just ignoring the part where he says “I was angry because she was raped, that’s one thing. But she was so beautiful, the mayor should have been first. What a waste.” Because you refuse to watch a clip because it offends your conservative sensibilities?

Do you truly believe that what he said was okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I don't really see the problem with him honestly. He cleaned up his hometown when he was mayor and completely turned it around, kind of like Giuliani in NYC.
    Did you miss the part where when commenting on a rapist, he said he thought the mayor should have gotten first go at the girl getting raped, or do you not have a problem with rape?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    John Oliver is very funny but has become maybe a bit too politically biased, but hey everything is these days
    I do not find him funny. But then again, the British style humor has never made me laugh. Not knocking it, just pointing out his attempt to make jokes will be ignored by some as not being funny. Not everyone shares the same sense of humor. And his attempt to compare that guy in the Philippines to Trump is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I did watch the video as hard as it is to listen to him talk with that annoying voice and anti-American snarkiness he always uses. He just rambles on about this guy running for election and how he made a few comments about raping a woman before someone else could and then tries to make it look like Trump would say that. Its disingenuous at best and outright slander at worst
    How so? He's saying that as bad as Trump is, this man is worse. And considering this man condones rape, I find it hard how anyone could disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Very true and it's sad you need to say it