Deleted

Skip Tanaan jungle as a freshly dinged lvl 100 player?

Is it ok, if i just skip Tanaan Jungle? I can get ilvl 700-710 PvP gear in a few days, so why should i farm Tanaan jungle to get ilvl 650 gear if i can start raiding with much better gear? I know it's a PvP gear but even PVP gear with itlv 700+ is much better than lower pve gear, am i right?

Yes you can skip it. You might as well unlock it for kazzak, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Tj gear can roll higher then 650 but I can't remeber what the ilvl is. But yes if you want you can skip TJ gearing and just go stright into pvp gear.

There is almost no difference in pvp and pve gear. But remember higher ilvl pvp gear will have lower ilvl in pve.

I would at lease do kazz tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Indeed, tanaan is pretty much just a waste of time unless you're getting CM gear/unlocking shipyard

Deleted
    Ok than, thanks guys

But remember higher ilvl pvp gear will have lower ilvl in pve
    Are you sure? I know that is the case for high pve gear in PvP ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Ok than, thanks guys

Are you sure? I know that is the case for high pve gear in PvP ...
    No. PVP gear has ilvl 700 or 710 (honor/conquest) and that's where it stays in pve. In pvp, it gets *boosted* to 730/740 iirc.

For the record, PVP gear is point for point as effective in PVE as HFC raid gear of the same type and ilvl, e.g. a 700 pvp sword will have the same stats - same damage, same str/stam, same secondary budget - as a 700 (695 + 5 from valor, so 1/2) sword from HFC normal. Same for armor. The only difference is in trinkets and tier, ofc.

At the same time, upgraded baleful (e.g. 695) have *LESS* stats (if only slightly) than raid or pvp items, making them numerically worse than HFC/Ashran gear of the same ilvl.

Source: we had this discussion in our guild once and I calculated it all based on stats given on wowhead.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-05-09 at 02:42 PM.

It was still competitive with 700 PvP gear, just because the Baleful gear can be valor upgraded (705) while the PvP gear cannot.

710 is better, however.

That said, it's worth unlocking for other reasons- Oil for ship missions, some really good followers (Oronok, for instance) and Kazzak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    It was still competitive with 700 PvP gear, just because the Baleful gear can be valor upgraded (705) while the PvP gear cannot.

710 is better, however.

That said, it's worth unlocking for other reasons- Oil for ship missions, some really good followers (Oronok, for instance) and Kazzak.
    True, although I'd never burn valor on shitty token gear (saving it on mythic dungeon or crafted/kazzak/hfc gear instead). Re: unlocking it - it really depends if you're going for the legendary ring or not. If yes, you have to. If not, fuck it. You can straight up fly to Kazzak (or get a lock summon) and kill it, no need to unlock anything.

in tanaa you can get 695 gear + 10 ilvl upgrades to 705, so the fastest way is mix tanaan and pvp to gear

Is it ok, if i just skip Tanaan Jungle? I can get ilvl 700-710 PvP gear in a few days, so why should i farm Tanaan jungle to get ilvl 650 gear if i can start raiding with much better gear? I know it's a PvP gear but even PVP gear with itlv 700+ is much better than lower pve gear, am i right?
    you wanan unlock shipyard and get revered so you get the oil missions. Theres alot of gold to be gaind from the shipyard.

If all you are after is the ilevel and then raid for even higher gear then yes. Nothing is really manditory in this game. Do what you like and he game is a lot more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can skip it if you don't need anything, but Kazzak might be a good assist on equipment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post

710 is better, however.

I have unlocked Tanaan for oil missions and i also have in mind these followers, but other than that i think i will skip gear farming there ...

Thanks for your replies, guys ...

Keep in mind, getting a full set of 700 pvp gear is much, much faster than a full set of 705 Baleful and earning 700 gear gets you currency and possibly free drops of 710 gear.

But yeah, the shipyard is a cozy little way to make a decent amount of gold until you get bored of it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I have unlocked Tanaan for oil missions and i also have in mind these followers, but other than that i think i will skip gear farming there ...

Thanks for your replies, guys ...
    One other thing to keep in mind is that flying around Tanaan and opening re-spawnable treasures is a really quick way to get GR up on new alts, if you're short (you may not be).

Gets Baleful at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

tannan is not good for farming gear. you can get pvp gear from asharan. but if you want to fly in draenor i would recommend doing and get gear in the process

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    in tanaa you can get 695 gear + 10 ilvl upgrades to 705, so the fastest way is mix tanaan and pvp to gear
    Not really "the fastest" - just run Ashran, you'll be rolling in 710 conquest.
    Absolutely no need to do Tanaan - unless you're interested in getting the legendary ring.

As others have said, killing Kazzak weekly is a good idea.
    You don't have to unlock Tanaan for it, just find a group in the Group Finder and ask them to summon you.

That's all there is to it - Blizzard really messed up with the last PvP season (or well, lack of PvE content to balance it out).
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-05-09 at 07:15 PM.