Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    two cheap argument tactics. you offer nothing to counter his points.

Plus the flashbang thing was a very minor point for the fact that Genji slaughters mcCree
    Genji slaughters most heroes as he's border line OP but McCree is one of the few that might actually stand a chance if he gets the stun off. Something thats not that hard to do. He also wins over Genji at all ranges where his stun does not reach as his shots are hitscan so you should never miss a shot where Genjis projectiles are slow as heck, fortunately.

Then again, McCree can barely move so all a Genji has to do is walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i find genji the most difficult to play. his lshift which dashes through enemies ending up in close quarters encourages melee. i was surprised he doesnt have bonus damage to his melee strike.
    i would say hes harder to play than tracer by far.

what do u think about his melee ? do u have any general tips for playing genji ?
    he's already border line op atm, only reason why he isn't dominating any more is the nerf to zen and sym, along with his own hp nerf, his poke is still far to potent, he has instant gib potential with dash damage; added by the fact that its a tank (specifically winston) heavy meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He is super strong once you learn how to play him, increasing his damage would make him OP, if he's not already.

I'll give you one tip though: If you see a McCree on the enemy team, pick another hero.
    If you're really skilled (or im my case lucky) you can reflect his flashbang and triple headshot him. But that's so clutch you're better off running away, which is fine because every hero should have cases like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    he's already border line op atm, only reason why he isn't dominating any more is the nerf to zen and sym, along with his own hp nerf, his poke is still far to potent, he has instant gib potential with dash damage; added by the fact that its a tank (specifically winston) heavy meta.
    I wouldn't say he's OP, as he a good flanker and scrapper but without his ult he's very vulnerable in a front line fight. If there was any change I'd make I'd give his shurikens some drop off so he can't just toss them from across the map for free damage.

Genji is a pile of crap. Not hero. Everytime someone tries him, it is 4vs5. I am lvl 27.

People here have no idea what they talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post
    Genji is a pile of crap. Not hero. Everytime someone tries him, it is 4vs5. I am lvl 27.

oh great...one of these... claims of "high" but actually insignificant level of experience. errors in knowledge of basic game mechanics (its 6 per group). Claims people have no idea what they're talking about. Bad grammar.

*checks posts* yep this account has been making poor attempts at attacking OW all over.

Just a thing about Genji. i see a lot of people using him like he's soldier 76 or something. You have to know the maps and alternate routes, even the enemy routes to use theirs. Genji has more routes than most because he can wall climb and double jump. Use those in battle too. Ive seen genji's chased into rooms, who then wall climb with the enemy running into what they think is a empty room only to have him land behind them and get slaughtered.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-05-09 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    There were several reasons why they nerfed the amount of damage a melee does, and Genji's ani-cancel combo was one of the big reasons why they were as well.

He was ridiculous when he had that, or when Zen orb was a thing, and he's still a very strong hero now in the right hands. These people saying he sucks can feel free to go watch Seagull play him or watch any OW Tournament with someone playing him.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    He was ridiculous when he had that, or when Zen orb was a thing, and he's still a very strong hero now in the right hands. These people saying he sucks can feel free to go watch Seagull play him or watch any OW Tournament with someone playing him.
    That would require an effort which most of the people here are afraid of.

Effort is something alien to people who want insta gratification - "who cares about counters or strats, I wanna press this button and win". There were times when people were buying magazines and books/manuals to games to learn more about them, now ppl are too lazy to launch a fucking youtube video.

He should stay "Borderline OP" if that's how he is called lol.

High skill should result in high reward. If you can't play him well, you will get wiped non stop and basically make it 5 vs 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant help but laugh at all the bonzies talking about balance and "counters".
    Its easy to tell who just installed the game.

/popcorn

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    do u have any general tips for playing genji ?
    1) Never stop moving. Ever. You get a double jump for every true jump he does, regardless of where it comes. You can chain double jumps into wall climbs to continue getting double jumps. The best Genji's are only on the ground like 30% of the time.
    2) Never chase heroes directly into open space unless you already have a quick getaway route established.
    3) Always bait with shurikens, pause, then deflect. (Yes you can deflect rockets, but not energy attacks)
    4) Always disengage as quickly as possible. Get in and out based on your cooldowns essentially. You always want dash and deflect up when you engage.

When Seagull is streaming, go watch him. He's probably the best Genji streamer I've seen who can still play him almost perfectly while telling you exactly how to play him during stream.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Genji is already retarded, he doesn't need any buffs - in fact I wish they'd revert his health back to 150, with all the mobility he has he doesn't deserve that kind of health pool, like Tracer.
    It's almost hard to believe that people think Genji or Tracer are "hard" to play lol.
    Tracer is easy to play, she just has an extremely high skill cap and is very hard to master. Anyone can play her and use her blinks and time reverse, but knowing what to do with them and where and how to use them to flank and kill people is definitely higher on the skill.

Right now, 90% of Tracers are shitty. I've run into 1 or 2 Tracers that were really good and turned the tied of the match.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    He is super strong once you learn how to play him, increasing his damage would make him OP, if he's not already.

I'll give you one tip though: If you see a McCree on the enemy team, pick another hero.
    Why? McCree is pretty easy to kill as Genji. You have to to just time your reflect right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Real2016 View Post

I'm not trying to brag but I go 20-5 ish every game as Genji. I kill the healers and flank pretty while doing my best to help my team with the objective/put them in a position to easily achieve the objective.

First of all Benji does not need a nerf he perfectly fine and that 200 health is needed you sir just don't know how to counter him I play him a lot and let me tell you Benji does have lots of counter also if trouburn turrets lock on to you you are automatically dead even with deflect it not enough to kill his turrets so yeah he does not need a nerf and I spent hours playing him yes he is difficult to master but when you play him right he can be deadly but if he's counter he's useless Benji relies on his agility and his abilities but at the same time he's not invincible he can be counter and he doesn't need a nerf personally I think he could use a buff not a big one but a small one and no I'm not bad with him I'm actually pretty good with him

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    It's almost hard to believe that people think Genji or Tracer are "hard" to play lol.
    They are, though. I don't think you can even say they have a skill cap, they are just ridiculously OP when played to a somewhat full potential, but also ridiculously weak if played by someone without a clue. Tracer at least can be countered by Hog, while Genji... he doesn't really have a hard counter (well, except maybe 2 Bjorn turrets cross-firing at him) and pretty much has to make a mistake in order to die. They are not hard to play and not die, but to be useful? Well, everyone can stay behind a Reinhardt and heal people with Mercy/Lucio. Breaking an enemy team apart with Genji/Tracer? That IS hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it means nerfing his infinite range thermo nuclear shuriken, go for it. Getting even more exploded in melee range wouldn't make much difference.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-07-07 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i find genji the most difficult to play. his lshift which dashes through enemies ending up in close quarters encourages melee. i was surprised he doesnt have bonus damage to his melee strike.
    i would say hes harder to play than tracer by far.

what do u think about his melee ? do u have any general tips for playing genji ?
    Genji is one of those heroes that are at their best when you can master them, just isn't a hero for everyone. Like WM.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    The only thing they need to fix about Genji is his damage when ulted. He should not be able to 2hit a Super charged turret from Torbjorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    The only thing they need to fix about Genji is his damage when ulted. He should not be able to 2hit a Super charged turret from Torbjorn.
    A molten core turret has 600 hp Genji does 125 per swing. Normal level 2 turret has 300 hp so theres no way he can 2 hit a turret from full hp especially not a molten cored one.
    They reduced the melee hit damage from 50 on a 1.5 sec cd to 30 on a 1 sec cd during beta because heroes like Genji and Tracer could finish off people too easily with melee hits. If you are dying a lot as Genji you are playing him wrong or are being countered and need to swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Im not sure about genji. But I sure as hell think that if people allow you to get close enough with certain rather immobile heroes.. melee should definitely oneshot anything nontank.
    OK then lets play it out.
    McCree is pretty immobile so lets give him a 1 shot melee.

Enemy Tracer jumps him (not the other way around like your idea suggests), he flashes, fucks up FtH, then 1 shots her anyway with melee....

Yea just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Wat

Genji is the direct counter to McCree. He can beat him at long range, medium range and even close range where McCree usually has an edge. He can reflect his flash bang, his right click and can escape with ease if he needs to.

Saying Genji is weak to McCree is like saying a fire should run and hide at the sight of kindling.
    What sort of stupid McCree goes to throw the flash first? That's what every Genji is expecting. Just left click him down. Hitscan vs projectile, and even the very best Genji's have switched to right click at the range you're talking about to deflect flash.

I had a Genji try this tactic over and over deflecting my flash. I just left clicked him down, then he'd panic and deflect because he's already losing, then I'd throw my flash as it wears off and finish him.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-07-07 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Genji forces McCree to flash himself, or hold his flash. Both are VERY bad for McCree. You are kneejerking to conclusion without actual experience or knowledge.
    That only means its a terrible mccree... The only time flash is reflected is if you aim it directly as Genji, something you do not have to do lol. Mccree pretty much render his ult useless, same for reaper. Thats why everyone run Zarya now on offense. It makes Genji and Reaper ults impossible to stop. So Mccree is quickly dropping in competitive. Zarya makes ults unstoppable.