Yeah well I've played a warlock since 2004 so there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    I know there was a ton of fights you use wreak havoc on and barely any for the other 2 and is it just me or does channel demonfire not scaled yet because its dmg is pretty bad ?
    It does about as much damage as a Chaos Bolt, for cheap, at a decent frequency. Balance is just starting, so we'll have to see where it falls in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    there is also the legendary that gives incinerate 25% chance to give a shard, ofc it isnt something every1 will have.
    Actually, the legendary gives fire spells a chance to generate a shard, which is every spell Destruction can cast except for Shadowburn. Chaos Bolt is chaos damage(ish) now, remember, and that includes fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    It does about as much damage as a Chaos Bolt, for cheap, at a decent frequency. Balance is just starting, so we'll have to see where it falls in the end.
    Probably it will get buffed quite a bit, it used to be 1500% spellpower worth of damage. Right now it is as you say - a Chaos Bolt worth of damage for small mana cost, but Soul Conduit gives just that too and more due to Eradication and plenty other synergies Chaos Bolt gives besides damage.

I think Channel Demnfire should at least get 50% damage buff and some special effect to be worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Probably it will get buffed quite a bit, it used to be 1500% spellpower worth of damage. Right now it is as you say - a Chaos Bolt worth of damage for small mana cost, but Soul Conduit gives just that too and more due to Eradication and plenty other synergies Chaos Bolt gives besides damage.

I think Channel Demnfire should at least get 50% damage buff and some special effect to be worth considering.
    Instant cast chaos bolts while channeling, like soothing mist...lol

Or it could just generate shards /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Instant cast chaos bolts while channeling, like soothing mist...lol

Or it could just generate shards /shrug.
    Doomfire generating 1 shard per target hit would be awesome tho, and a 50% damage buff or Soul Conduit nerf to 10%, what's probably will happen.

And Doomfire needs Eradication to work properly too, Chaos bolt -> Immolate -> Doomfire it's very synergistic.

Soul Harvest it's just lackluster and should be different, should give a 20% crit buff for 15sec too, just like a kinda-different Dark Soul.

--------

Celestalon said on theorycrafting thread that they will buff Impish Incineration to increase 50% "Demonic Power" dmg from Grimoire of Sacrifice and Demonic Power can indeed crit.

I wonder if can proc and counts for trinkets dropped @ Emerald Dream too.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2016-05-08 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Demonic Power change will certainly make it default choice that row.

The thing is lagging behind Service quite a bit single target, but the moment it is anything more than that - it starts scaling tons.

I had some dungeon boss encounters where it was second source of damage after Chaos Bolt and during AoE it does almost same damage as RoF.

And yes it can Crit, proc from Immolate and RoF ticks and even from your auto attacks.

On average it seems to be about one proc per like 2-3 seconds. Area is about the same as Felstorm. It certainly has some ICD or RPPM behind it.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-05-08 at 11:32 PM.

That Demonic Power change will certainly make it default choice that row.

The thing is lagging behind Service quite a bit single target, but the moment it is anything more than that - it starts scaling tons.

I had some dungeon boss encounters where it was second source of damage after Chaos Bolt and during AoE it does almost same damage as RoF.

And yes it can Crit, proc from Immolate and RoF ticks and even from your auto attacks.

On average it seems to be about one proc per like 2-3 seconds. Area is about the same as Felstorm. It certainly has some ICD or RPPM behind it.
    I Wonder wich scales better with gear since it's an AOE invisible dot with 100% spell power wich can crit buffed by 50% with Impish Incineration will be 150% spell power. Looks promising.

If Demonic Power interacts with "spells dmg" trinkets will be definity be the way to go on everything but heavy movement fights, which amuses me so much.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2016-05-09 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I Wonder wich scales better with gear since it's an AOE invisible dot with 100% spell power wich can crit buffed by 50% with Impish Incineration will be 150% spell power. Looks promising.

If Demonic Power interacts with "spells dmg" trinkets will be definity be the way to go on everything but heavy movement fights, which amuses me so much.
    Well... the imp's firebolt is 160% spellpower against an Immolated target with Impish Incineration. Considering if you use an imp you've also got Service, Sac will need to proc a fair bit more often than once every 2-3s to win in a single-target situation.

^^ what he said lol service and imp is pretty craz dmg in raid testing so it would have to beat out both of those and from what i saw there isn't many "mobs stacked on here" fights, scorpion guy, Eye tree lol, Grand Magistrix Elisna, high botnist, I was going to say tichcondruis but his adds last about 10secs so its mostly ST until you get to bat phase but idk if sac dmg would be worth it with such a large time gap, spellblade..... actually LOL thats quiet a lot of fights that involve stack adds huh LOL

Now that's bummer, I've actually started to enjoy the thought of having a demon back all the time
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

I also play Warlock exclusively from 2005, so want a medal for that, bud? Wlhoo, you did some damage 4 years ago in some dungeon and watched some video on YouTube, clearly this means you have a clue about what's going on in Alpha and warlock gameplay there.

I don't need to watch any click bait vids to know what is up, because I am in Alpha for frikkin months playing nothing but Warlocks and occasional Spriest and your outright bullshit comment about how we get back to vanilla level gameplay and there is no thought required is well... just that - bullshit.

Get back to me when you gave actual contribution instead of "lol everything is removed, it's noob spec nao". Maybe get a clue from a couple of guys in the last page who can roll out a credible argument instead of parroting some popular shit you heard in some vid.

hahaha^^ ok. no i don`t want a medal, I just dislike being talked down to by a faggot who thinks he is above anyone who isn`t in alpha. I didn`t have an interest being there..never have to be honest. but me being top 10 dps was just an example of ability, as you hinted I didn`t have any. odds are I'm twice the player you are my friend.

I get it though. you are right and everyone out there who love the game are wrong..including dedicated serious reviewers. if you love how things work currently in alpha well..my conclusion is you then are a simpleton with no talent.

"and your outright bullshit comment about how we get back to vanilla level gameplay and there is no thought required is well... just that - bullshit"

lo the irony are strong with this one...didn`t someone just talk about credible arguments? you might wanna say something why my opinion is bullshit then.. shithead. You started with personal attacks btw...I didn`t. so don`t start crying to me. enjoy world of retard proofing!

Infracted - Novx
    Last edited by Novx; 2016-05-09 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    Now that's bummer, I've actually started to enjoy the thought of having a demon back all the time
    Well, I think you will do, even with that buff single target imp will probably be better.

Supremacy is a bit lost though... Doomguard is like tiny bit better than imp, but not only you use it as a cd, you also lose Servitude CD which kicks it's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by wooters View Post
    hahaha^^ ok. no i don`t want a medal, I just dislike being talked down to by a faggot who thinks he is above anyone who isn`t in alpha.....
    Well that escalated quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Well that escalated quickly.
    Not really if you've seen his posts since he got here. It's been nothing but shit post after shit post.

We always manage to have one of those, I just wish people knew better than to feed them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

You guys really could step down a bit and stop shitposting this productive thread.
    I and others are trying to share and learn right here, so...let the angry and pride out of here. Did you guys did not learn nothing with Pandaria and Shas ?

Btw, about legendaries, I wonder if we gonna manage to "wombo combo" legendaries when get the last Order Hall Tier allowing us to have 2 legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    You guys really could step down a bit and stop shitposting this productive thread.
    I and others are trying to share and learn right here, so...let the angry and pride out of here. Did you guys did not learn nothing with Pandaria and Shas ?

Btw, about legendaries, I wonder if we gonna manage to "wombo combo" legendaries when get the last Order Hall Tier allowing us to have 2 legendaries.
    Certainly hope not. But then again since they seem to go against every desire of their serious player base re: legendary design in Legion, probably so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, these legendaries are one of the more controversial additions there are, there are many good things coming with Legion... This parade of legendaries is not something I'm looking forward for, however.

I wonder what will be the acquisition method, but whatever it is - these things look bloody mandatory and in some cases certain artifacts may be better than others, while at the same time next encounter they may be bloody trash and you need to switch around, like that Chaos Bolt cleave thing, for example.

I'm sure we will learn to deal with those as we learn to deal with any new thing every expansion, I just can not shake off the negativety about those, especially after trying these out.

It's basically talent perks in your inventory, it would be okay of these would be kept tame, but it's not only that, but also quite the other way around - some of them are so powerful that you would feel gimped not lugging one around.

The things should not be a DPS increase even if you ask me, they should have been some small perks like defenses or other interesting effects that do not contribute to damage output in a meaningful way. Things like less CD on defensives, or that double use for gateway, or boost to things like health stones and such. Those would be nice, because it would really be a bonus and not a necessity.

Some nice examples would be, while Unending Resolve is active you get 25% more healing from all sources... or something like - your hearthstone overheal generates a shield at 75% of overhealed amount or standing still for more than 5 seconds makes any next attack that exceedes 10% of your HP in damage deal 25% less damage or you retain your natural out of combat HP regeneration in combat or your gateway now has 50yr maximum range or your banish and enslave demon are now instant cast.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-05-09 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Well, I think you will do, even with that buff single target imp will probably be better.

Supremacy is a bit lost though... Doomguard is like tiny bit better than imp, but not only you use it as a cd, you also lose Servitude CD which kicks it's ass.
    Really wish they'd change losing the CD if you pick Suprem

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the CD is pretty shit (at the moment) anyway. I'd wish they did not use Doomguard as a CD for Destruction at all, but instead Infernal with Lord of Flames, but that's what we got it seems.

Deleted
    Meh, these legendaries are one of the more controversial additions there are, there are many good things coming with Legion... This parade of legendaries is not something I'm looking forward for, however.

I wonder what will be the acquisition method, but whatever it is - these things look bloody mandatory and in some cases certain artifacts may be better than others, while at the same time next encounter they may be bloody trash and you need to switch around, like that Chaos Bolt cleave thing, for example.

I'm sure we will learn to deal with those as we learn to deal with any new thing every expansion, I just can not shake off the negativety about those, especially after trying these out.

It's basically talent perks in your inventory, it would be okay of these would be kept tame, but it's not only that, but also quite the other way around - some of them are so powerful that you would feel gimped not lugging one around.

The things should not be a DPS increase even if you ask me, they should have been some small perks like defenses or other interesting effects that do not contribute to damage output in a meaningful way. Things like less CD on defensives, or that double use for gateway, or boost to things like health stones and such. Those would be nice, because it would really be a bonus and not a necessity.

Some nice examples would be, while Unending Resolve is active you get 25% more healing from all sources... or something like - your hearthstone overheal generates a shield at 75% of overhealed amount or standing still for more than 5 seconds makes any next attack that exceedes 10% of your HP in damage deal 25% less damage or you retain your natural out of combat HP regeneration in combat or your gateway now has 50yr maximum range or your banish and enslave demon are now instant cast.
    You should post your thoughts in the Legendary Feedback thread on us forums, as most of your concerns are shared by several people there, but the thread lacks of locks' feedback on specific ones.

I'd suggest everyone that had a shot at testing class legendaries to post feedback there

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I am a mere EU second rate citizen, I posted a huge feedback thread about Destruction in EU Alpha forums, so maybe I'll do update it with legendaries since they change a lot there with this fountain of unlimited Chaos Bolts we got with that 25% shard chance per fire spell cast.

My hope is they actually give a damn about EU feedback, but my D3 EU forums management experience did not inspire confidence.

Only hope is for Emperor Trump to unite the world under Great Again America Empire, maybe then we will have unified forum. I for one welcome our new entrepreneur overlord.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-05-09 at 07:42 PM.