Geez, some of you are taking it way too serious. No idea what's your point of watching the show, mine is: entertainment. And it does well. You can't expect much from a low to medium budget production.
    And to point out, the show's name is Game of Thrones, not A Song of Ice and Fire. It specificaly says at the begining its based on Martin's work, not copy-pasted. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Seriously, first: several pages of discussing how Sansa survived walking through a freezing water, now it's going to be 10 pages about how the guy shouldn't have dual-wielded. The quality of discussion here has dropped just as much as the show itself (your opinion).

Anyway, good episode. Good to see Jon being shocked after he came back and not some yadda-dadda im alive lol! Although I had hoped to see more of the Red Woman and her reaction to that, does her faith return etc. Tyrion's conversation was such a filler I was about to skip it altogether... And Dany's reaction when they ripped her clothes apart... really delusional.

ToJ is interesting, but from a different point of view. Why is the Three-eyed Raven showing Brann this exact event? Let's say R+L=J is true, do you think it will be Brann's mission to let Jon know who he really is?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Ok. I would have thought that dual wielding two longswords was just a burden on the arms. That the benefit was having long range with both hands.
    Well the problem with that is that you cannot strike effectively with both hands simultaneously. So it becomes hit with the left, hit with the right, hit with the left, etc. And at that point you might as well just use one sword and save the trouble. You can hit with one, block with the other but because the other weapon is a long one the blocking becomes harder to maneuver. Pretty much the only way to move two longswords effectively is to swirl them around like he did. Which is absolutely crap against one target but has it's limited use when fighting multiple opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I haven't read the whole discussion, but I assume you speak of how HBO ruined the Sword of the Morning, Arthur Dayne. First of all, he didn't dual wield. He had one main weapon: "Dawn". Secondly, Eddard never told Bran he beat Arthur, au contraire; he told Bran Dayne would've killed him if not for Reed. Not to mention the extremely poor choreography.
    I hear you. I agree with everything else but the part about the choreography. I don't think it was that bad apart from the unnecessary inclusion of duel wielding.

So, in this latest episode the three eyed crow says hes been in that tree for 1000years. Wich is somewhat suprising since the fan theory is that he is Brynden rivers wich lived some 150 years be4 the events of the series. This leaves me wondering, has the television gone of rails on this fact or are the threeeyed crow infact someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    So, in this latest episode the three eyed crow says hes been in that tree for 1000years. Wich is somewhat suprising since the fan theory is that he is Brynden rivers wich lived some 150 years be4 the events of the series. This leaves me wondering, has the television gone of rails on this fact or are the threeeyed crow infact someone else?
    I don't know who you mean when you say Brandon Rivers, but there's many theories on who he is, and some of them include him being from the Age of Heroes (well before the timeline of the books/show).

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is the best part that no one has even bothered to think about. D&D's writing and planning have literally fucked over LF's master plan.

There is no way Sansa, with Brienne in her service, will ever trust LF again. LF can't ally with the Starks (and even if he did, then he literally betrays Cersei who he manipulated). He can't rally the Vale to fight against Starks because the Vale already hate the Lannisters for Jon Arryn's death and the Starks are their natural allies in that fight. He can't fight the Starks with some borrowed Lannister army or something and win the fight against the Starks, because the North will never accept a Southern Lord as their Warden. He has no one left to put in as a puppet in Winterfell. Cersei will know he's betrayed her if he does anything but march against a Stark army re-taking Winterfell. About all he can do, feasibly, is sit in the Vale and do nothing.

And of course, it all started because he married Sansa off to the Boltons, the ultimate dumb move. Knowing what he knew at the time, he should have seen that there was no way that benefited him.
    Well, Sansa doesn't belong to the smartest, he can easly manipulate her into thinking he had no idea what Boltons really are. And he is her closest family, Brienne has nothing to say in that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Magic rarely shows up in ASOIAF. Daenerys' dragons made it stronger, but people don't suddenly turn into power rangers when dragons are born.

The show might have moments of magic but for the most part abides to real world physics.

Yea like resurrecting people, creating demon ghosts to assassinate people, drinking water to cure blindness, the entire faceless men arc in general. Yea no magic at all

Yeah I didn't get the feeling that Sansa was mad at Littlefinger at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best part that no one has even bothered to think about. D&D's writing and planning have literally fucked over LF's master plan.
    But what is his masterplan? Chaos? Revenge agaisn't the Starks? Carving his own domain?

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Well, Sansa doesn't belong to the smartest, he can easly manipulate her into thinking he had no idea what Boltons really are. And he is her closest family, Brienne has nothing to say in that matter.
    If this happens, it literally means Sansa hasn't learned anything, and isn't a player in the Game of Thrones. Which would be shitty as fuck storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    But what is his masterplan? Chaos? Revenge agaisn't the Starks? Carving his own domain?
    His masterplan was always to be the greatest Lord in the realm, even the King, because he felt slighted as a kid.

If this happens, it literally means Sansa hasn't learned anything, and isn't a player in the Game of Thrones. Which would be shitty as fuck storytelling.
    Well Sansa has always seemed dumb as fuck to me. It wouldn't surprise me she is a slow learner.

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, the show better make the Jon/Sansa reunion have a bit more of screen time. Besides the fact that so far the North is, personally, the most interesting arc in the series, a Stark reunion would merit that decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't understand how the brain works. Stories (whether these are told in books, films or games) should respect predefined rules of subjective realism within a specific realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Geez, some of you are taking it way too serious. No idea what's your point of watching the show, mine is: entertainment. And it does well. You can't expect much from a low to medium budget production.
    I think the major contributing factors here are the strongly opposing personality types. Introverts against extroverts and logic versus feeling. I myself find it extremely hard to get over things like plot holes, inconsistencies, bad logic, unbelievable turns of events and such whilst others have such extremely different opinions on the matters.

Deleted
    Another dead direwolf really?

Why even put them in the series when they can only die and thats it.
    Bran got saved by his direwolf in season 1 and thats it kinda stupid if you ask me.
    And why let Sansa get away when you needed a Stark to be the prisoner of Ramsy could just had used Sansa to be killed instead of Rickon he atleast still had a direwolf.
    Her story ended long ago and i see nothing interesting coming out of Sansa anymore now that John will lead the attack on Winterfell.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-05-09 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Brynden being the Three eyed Raven isn't a fan theory, it's confirmed in the books. But yeah, the show seems to be ruining that with that timeline, unless they change him to a different person.

You don't understand how the brain works. Stories (whether these are told in books, films or games) should respect predefined rules of subjective realism within a specific realm. Directors/producers often make similar mistakes; Daredevil is able to 'see' drops of blood on the ground, cracks in the ceiling and obstacles on his path, yet, he is unable to track the ninjas because they, I quote: "mask their heartbeat".

When a story doesn't respect or define rules it stops being realistic in its own world, which as a consequence ruins immersion and annihilates credibility.

Leaving out Dorne was a good decision in my humble opinion. All books were excellent and ever chapter was absolutely involving. Dorne's storyline was the least interesting to me.
    Yet fantasy Genres get away with it all the time like the Drizzt like of books where pretty much everyone fights with two weapons and his race with two long weapons and nobody bitches about how unreal this seems. In the fantasy game World of Warcraft warriors use two TWO HANDED swords at a time perfectly. Like GoT they are based in fantasy worlds where the rules get bent like crazy.

If people cant accept it then in GoT just look at it as he was gifted with extreme ambidexterity and awareness who who had YEARS to perfect his art then kicked the asses of a group of men who had no idea what to expect when facing him. If no then ...

Although thats the end of it for me on this subject.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yet fantasy Genres get away with it all the time like the Drizzt like of books where pretty much everyone fights with two weapons and his race with two long weapons and nobody bitches about how unreal this seems. In the fantasy game World of Warcraft warriors use two TWO HANDED swords at a time perfectly. Like GoT they are based in fantasy worlds where the rules get bent like crazy.
    All the fantasy worlds are not created equal. There are bad examples and there are good ones. And I don't know what this Drizzt is but I'm sure someone has complained about it. WoW gets away with it because it's a game that has no real, or at least very minimal, realistic physic laws.

People are different, people prioritize different things. You'll just have to accept that some people like plausible and consistent fantasy worlds that feel immersive instead of poorly made ones that target different audience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Someone using two swords means that the entire setting is "implausible" and "poorly made"?
    It's a scale. More things you mess up the more broken it becomes. I don't think the whole series of Game of Thrones is bad just because one fight was lacking but it's entertaining to criticize nonetheless. It sure would make it that much better (to me anyway) if it was done differently.

Why I complain about this particular scene is the fact that the show has established so far actually quite convincing medieval setting when it comes to swords, fights and costumes. There's so much good stuff around (relatively speaking) that it seems inconsistent when things stop making sense. Scrap that, what I should say is that there's potential and there are good bits. So it feels stupid to half ass some parts when they show they can do others correctly as well.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2016-05-09 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    You'll just have to accept that some people like plausible and consistent fantasy worlds that feel immersive instead of poorly made ones that target different audience.
    We accept it. No need to drag it to multiple pages of discussion, tho.

More nudity please

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Her story ended long ago and i see nothing interesting coming out of Sansa anymore now that John will lead the attack on Winterfell.
    Personally, I didn't see anything come out of Sansa pretty much from the very start.
    First, she was blidly in love with Joeffrey, then she got abused by pretty much everyone for like almost all seasons, then she escaped and when it seemed she'd finally do something other than suffer and cry, she was given to Ramsey and got abused again.