Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It might be the 2nd post popular to play but it certainly isnt the second most popular to watch. They dont even play NBA games on major networks except once in a blue moon and the ratings suck. Id need to see a citation for what you claim. There is no way it is ahead of the NFL or Major League Baseball. Even boring ass soccer and golf gets more viewers and better exposure on bigger networks
    Haha, what?

Football(soccer) is the most popular/most watched sport in the world. You and your silly American-centric views, its why we all love ya'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    in Texas pretty much everyone takes off hat, puts hand on heart, and sings. Which gets annoying after a while when one goes to many games. I treat it the same as the pledge of allegience in schools: I do not participate
    Is it really that normal to play the anthem for club games in sports in NA?
    We only get them here during country vs country games, or atleast I think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Haha, what?

Football(soccer) is the most popular/most watched sport in the world. You and your silly American-centric views, its why we all love ya'.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really that normal to play the anthem for club games in sports in NA?
    We only get them here during country vs country games, or atleast I think so.
    yep. Just about every single pro and college game, which is why people do get desensitized to it. Its played entirely too much and made non special.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep. Just about every single pro and college game, which is why people do get desensitized to it. Its played entirely too much and made non special.
    Phew, glad we don't have them here. Between 2 clubs from the same country or U21/17/college games it becomes even pointless
    Euro or world championships(country vs country) makes sense, those always involve a lot of national pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay attention during our anthem, why should I expect anyone else to? It's a song. Not sure why someone else should be influenced by "your" self-appointed importance on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's why I said IF right at the start of my post. IF so, NBA's problem. IF not obliged, this is a non-issue.
    The fact that it is a non-issue for you doesn't make it a non-issue for anybody else.

You are correct that nobody is obligated to act like a decent human being unless they run afoul of some specific law in refusing to do so, but that doesn't give one carte blanche to be an asshole without criticism or consequence. People still live in a society with other people every bit as important as themselves and they need to learn that. It costs Dwayne Wade nothing to stand respectfully for 60 seconds. Not meaning anything to you doesn't make it meaningless.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It is news. This type of behaviour should not be tolerated. This man is getting paid millions.
    Its not news, and no one on earth gives a shit about what you think regarding his behavior.
    Hes getting paid millions and you're sitting at a keyboard being an unpaid "warrior".

10+ Year Old Account
    Next time you watch a baseball game, you check the dugout and see who is really paying attention, its about 70% standing, the rest give 2 craps...and in all honesty the Anthems are overdone, its 162 games in Baseball, 88 games in the NBA...how much "respect" over and over does one need to pay really? If it were me, by playoff time, I'd be over it too.
    Now, add those 88 games over several years in the pros, some Olympic competitions, other events, college and what not and i bet Mr. Wade has stood for over 1000 national anthems. I say enough already, i give him a pass for the few he does not stand up for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    Next time you watch a baseball game, you check the dugout and see who is really paying attention, its about 70% standing, the rest give 2 craps...and in all honesty the Anthems are overdone, its 162 games in Baseball, 88 games in the NBA...how much "respect" over and over does one need to pay really? If it were me, by playoff time, I'd be over it too.
    Now, add those 88 games over several years in the pros, some Olympic competitions, other events, college and what not and i bet Mr. Wade has stood for over 1000 national anthems. I say enough already, i give him a pass for the few he does not stand up for.
    I really think it should just be saved for the major events. NBA Finals, Superbowl (Superb owl!), World Series, Olympics, ect...

and I actually like it at the Olympics, because i like hearing the different anthems of the world. However, hearing the American anthem probably over 200 times a year is just annoying.

Who the hell cares. Oh right, Tenn, mission accomplished Wade, you made him butthurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Never been to a Blackhawks game have you? We don't sing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJT9K2APvas

But as I said earlier there are people who find the boring yawn fest to be the proper way to act during the national anthem...

I disagree.
    Totally disrespectful, tasteless, and disgusting!!! You fans should be embarrassed and ashamed!!! I cant believe that old veteran didnt grab the mic afterwards and tell off the fans with some choice words

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally disrespectful, tasteless, and disgusting!!! You fans should be embarrassed and ashamed!!!
    Sorry we're not Penguins fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also sung before many other events such as Wrestlemania, boxing matches, racing, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

I really think it should just be saved for the major events. NBA Finals, Superbowl (Superb owl!), World Series, Olympics, ect...

and I actually like it at the Olympics, because i like hearing the different anthems of the world. However, hearing the American anthem probably over 200 times a year is just annoying.
    And I think it should go the other way. All 4 verses should be sung instead of just the first one. Its a sign of respect for all the freedoms we have because of this great country and those who died for it (granted not as great as it used to be)

Last edited by Orlong; 2016-05-09 at 06:01 PM.

He probably didn't realize Canada was a different country.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    One has no obligation to respect national symbolism by default.
    One does when one has a career in professional sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Sorry we're not Penguins fans.
    No one should be a Penguins fan.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also sung before many other events such as Wrestlemania, boxing matches, racing, etc...

[
    You guys really know how to go overboard with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You guys really know how to go overboard with anything.
    Its essentially superficial patriotism. Going overboard with symbols while not participating in the meat of America.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is news. This type of behaviour should not be tolerated. This man is getting paid millions.
    and that man does not give 2 shits what you think about him, he rolls in his millions while you make pointless threads.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    and that man does not give 2 shits what you think about him, he rolls in his millions while you make pointless threads.
    He does care. Hence why he is changing his routine. He knows he can't do this again.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does care. Hence why he is changing his routine. He knows he can't do this again.
    No he doesn't, No hes not, and yes he can and will.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No he doesn't, No hes not, and yes he can and will.
    I doubt it. He'll get a slap on the wrist this time, maybe a call from the league at best but after that who knows how it would escalate.