Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Guns are a bit more intricate than pieces of wood put together.

Some companies have attempted smart designs (there was a thread on it recently) - however technology has not yet arrived to make it reliable.
    Yeah they're a lot more intricate, so the point is that people that are responsible and have power/influence should do better than "Well it's so few it's not a big deal really." Spreading messages about gun safety, adverts from people like the NRA showing proper gun safety etc could have an impact. Sure some fucker is going to mess it up and shoot himself during a selfie or whatever, but the point is that the message should never be "It's a few so it's ok" it should always be "There IS a risk of X happening, here are tips to avoid it."

The first gun owner I met took me shooting, and when we drove back from the range we stopped at a pub/restaurant for lunch, he parked his car near the window and then sat at the window, so he could keep an eye on it at all times. That right there taught me a lot of respect about serious it is keeping something like that under your control at all times. People will follow the examples they're given.

Survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You may think that's clever. But tell me, how many Americans have died by the hands of a terrorist? I would say a similar if not smaller percentage, yet how many people are scared of them, and how many billions of dollars is spent protecting people from it?
    Can I control any of that?

Did I post anywhere that I approve of such things?

What is your point? That because we spend X on this we should spend Y on that? Isn't that sort of how we ended up trillions of dollars in debt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I control any of that?

Did I post anywhere that I approve of such things?

What is your point? That because we spend X on this we should spend Y on that? Isn't that sort of how we ended up trillions of dollars in debt?
    Sorry, deleted my post because I realized I don't want to have this same argument 100 times. Go about your day.

Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    http://www.romans322.com/daily-death...statistics.php

53 dead due to falling trees. #bantrees
    Thats nothing.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) released a report on Thursday that estimates about 43,000 people are injured in a television or furniture tip-over related incident each year, more than 25,000, or 59 percent, of whom are children.
    I wonder how many people here have children but don't properly wall mount or anchor their TVs.

#theoutrage

15+ Year Old Account
    A majority of gun owners I see are fine. The problem is all it takes is one fuck up to have a bad day. However I understand ultimately there is no way to control these random shit lords without seriously imposing on the vast majority.
    I disagree, I think there is much we can do that wouldn't cause undue burden for responsible owners, but I suppose we'll hae to agree to disagree and go with the flow of politics.

There are a lot more irresponsible owners than you might realize, it's just that accidents are somewhat rare.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-05-09 at 06:56 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I wonder how many people here have children but don't properly wall mount or anchor their TVs.

#theoutrage
    Better make sure you have the safety strap installed on your assault cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I disagree, I think there is much we can do that wouldn't cause undue burden for responsible owners, but I suppose we'll hae to agree to disagree and go with the flow of politics.
    Dunno man, we've been steadily enacting gun laws since the 1930's and the idiots still manage to be relevant (in the media at least). Don't think its a cycle that can be broken by any amount of laws short of outright removal period. (even then I fear idiots shall persist)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Better make sure you have the safety strap installed on your assault cart.
    Pffft, thats not an assault cart, THIS is an assault cart:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We were taught never to touch the guns unless an adult was around. I wonder if this is a cultural thing? Parents not knowing how to handle guns around kids?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ple-this-year/

this type of thing happens more often than you might think. Since April 20, there have been at least seven instances in which a 1- , 2- or 3-year-old shot themselves or somebody else in the United States:

On April 20, a 2-year-old boy in Indiana found the gun his mother left in her purse on the kitchen counter and fatally shot himself.
    The next day in Kansas City, Mo., a 1-year-old girl evidently shot and killed herself with her father's gun while he was sleeping.
    On April 22, a 3-year-old in Natchitoches, La., fatally shot himself after getting hold of a gun.
    On April 26, a 3-year-old boy in Dallas, Ga., fatally shot himself in the chest with a gun he found at home.
    On April 27, the Milwaukee toddler fatally shot his mother in the car.
    That same day, a 3-year-old boy in Grout Township, Mich., shot himself in the arm with a gun he found at home. He is expected to survive.
    On April 29, a 3-year-old girl shot herself in the arm after grabbing a gun in a parked car in Augusta, Ga. She is also expected to survive.

Last year, a Washington Post analysis found that toddlers were finding guns and shooting people at a rate of about one a week. This year, that pace has accelerated. There have been at least 23 toddler-involved shootings since Jan. 1, compared with 18 over the same period last year.
    It's just the cost of freedom. Zombie Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson need the blood shed from the toddler's victims in order to keep the spirit of the republic alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    http://www.romans322.com/daily-death...statistics.php

53 dead due to falling trees. #bantrees
    Yes firearm violence is an enigmatic problem that all developed countries suffer from. #repealalllaws
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

So basically chalk this up to "idiots who shouldn't have kids are having kids and not locking their guns up". Fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I grew up around guns...I never shot myself or my parents...it's amazing how far teaching a child that they're not toys and taking safety precautions can really go!

To bad there aren't any intelligence tests for owning a gun...
    Because you can 100% control a < 3 year old by "teaching" them things.

Regardless of how or why, it's just bad parents being dumb.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yes firearm violence is an enigmatic problem that all developed countries suffer from. #repealalllaws
    #datgoalpost

Think you are in the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    So basically chalk this up to "idiots who shouldn't have kids are having kids and not locking their guns up". Fucking morons..
    And that is all it is. Period. This thread was just a round about way to get some good ol' nation bashing in. (for the record, even the locals can bash their own nation pointlessly)

15+ Year Old Account
    #datgoalpost
    No moving of goal posts, just showing the thread how fucking stupid pharix's logic is.

Talk about gun limits all you want. I want a license on children.
    Some people should not have them, simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to prevent the scenario you just created.
    OK, so now we can't prevent terrorist attacks? I'm confused.

You might be able to detect and prevent a large scale, organized attack like 9/11.
    You're going to have a really hard time arguing that we can prevent large scale terrorist attacks, but there's absolutely nothing we can do to prevent accidental shootings.

I clearly demonstrated it by saying: no law can prevent a stupid person from doing something stupid.
    You saying something isn't a demonstration of fact.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Toddler firearm shootings are just like mass shootings: irrelevant when viewed against the totality of the nation.

There is no number of deaths where it will "become a problem" because in order for them to even register on the scale of giving a shit, every kid would have to be given a free gun at birth. I'm sure some people would like that, but realistically, there are only so many negligent people in the world, and very little you can actually do to legislate them into responsibility.
    Start with the literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment; militias and their respective armories that will maintain and store the firearms in one spot for the community funded either through state and local taxes, or a wealthy resident who foregoes conscription into the local militia.

This just seems the same as that selfie article last week about like 12 people dying from taking selfies.
    That is such an incredibly low number to the population, or even the population of owners of firearms. Literally who cares. Loss of life sucks, but I'm not about to be up in arms about not even 2 dozen people being accidentally shot by their kids in a 5 month period.

That medical malpractice death thing is a WAY bigger deal, and this isn't an issue of "you can care about more than one thing at the same time," it's an issue of one thing that actually kills a significant number of people compared to something that killed the number of people that can fit on Screamin' Over California.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2016-05-09 at 07:07 PM.

Start with the literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment; militias and their respective armories that will maintain and store the firearms in one spot for the community funded either through state and local taxes, or a wealthy resident who foregoes conscription into the local militia.
    Oh boy here we go.

Let me guess, you are one of those people who believes we should honor the rulings of SCOTUS on everything but this.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-05-09 at 07:10 PM.

SO 23-46 parents/gun owners are horribly irresponsible.

- - - Updated - - -

Saddly for your argument, SCOTUS does not agree.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy here we go.

Let me guess, you are one of those people who believes we should honor the rulings of SCOTUS on everything but.... this.
    Nope, I just want logical consistency. The 2a is structured as it is because militias and their armories (where the militias trained and maintained their arms) right to existence shall not be infringed.